[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he keeps shutting himself in the basement and play vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (708 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
708 KB, 1000x667
>he keeps shutting himself in the basement and play vidya when he could be going out and have a great time with his friends playing board games

This is why you never get laid or make any meaningful IRL relationships with friends, anon.

http://turningtotabletopgames.com/blog/2016/5/25/wtajr00cpvbi1cf0y54uwoxnczmhn6
>>
>>339602994
>he plays board games with his friends when he could be fucking qt furry girls
Step your shit up
>>
>>339602994
>Normalfags idea of a great time
Would rather be in the basement
>>
I would play board games non-stop but none of my friends want to... ;_;
>>
No one over 9 cares about board games other than idiot hipsters with their retarded modern post-ironic shit board games.
>>
>>339602994

me on the right
>>
>>339602994
>wanna try playing board games with friends
>they are all RNG based

No thanks. I can just pull a number and the highest wins.
>>
File: collection.jpg (1 MB, 1780x2308) Image search: [Google]
collection.jpg
1 MB, 1780x2308
>>339602994

I don't play that garbage; I only play games for autistic people (but not elder-autist level games in the train or war simulation genres).
>>
>>339603875
Same.

I started the transition to baord games 2 years ago when I found a good group of classmates at uni who were all into it. Then the year after I went to college and found another guy and him and I introduced around 15 from our program to them and we had sessions of various sizes multiple times throughout the week after classes at each others houses. Now that I'm back home, I have no one to play with because only one of my friends interested and I only see my uni/college friends once a month now.

Videogames are still fun though, but I find unless they are local multiplayer games like Nidhogg or Samurai Gunn, then i don't have as much fun with them.
>>
File: P5290745.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
P5290745.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>339604520
>7 Wonders Duel
Mah nigga

I wish there are more quality board games like that in the market.
>>
>>339604520
>tfw no one to play twilight struggle with.
>>
>throws in a disclaimer about videogames having positive benefits like hand-eye coordination or problem-solving
>the rest of the blog post goes on as if anyone who plays videogames will ignore their significant other, obsess over "wasted time" that could be spent "leveling up", and never play any of the literally thousands of splitscreen and couch multiplayer games out there and still being made today
>"I am not waging a war on video games, they have some amazing benefits. It is my opinion thought that those benefits come at a much greater cost."
WOW
>>
>>339602994
I play D&D, SW:Armada, Axis & Allies and even Magic once in a blue moon, is that enough mom?
>>
>>339604679

It's in the picture but I've never even played it before despite backing the $100+ collector's edition.

Someday, anon.

But you can at least play with strangers now, I guess.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/406290/
>>
Has anyone tried either of these? They look neat and dem prices yo.
http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/board-games/shafausa-game/7629999014961
http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/board-games/sun-tzu-game/3760146641129
>>
File: 1351733788737.jpg (28 KB, 766x768) Image search: [Google]
1351733788737.jpg
28 KB, 766x768
>>339602994
how playing make believe with your friends is going to get you laid exactly?
>>
>>339602994
>Have stacks of board games that I've been wanting to play for years
>No friends
>>
>>339604891
I have one friend who is into board games as much as me. Its too much even for him to try and learn to play with me. And yeah, I've tried that just to try and get a better grasp of the rules
>>
File: pic1514252[1].jpg (3 MB, 1580x1580) Image search: [Google]
pic1514252[1].jpg
3 MB, 1580x1580
>>339604669

Best $20 I've ever spent, but I don't get to play it enough at the large groups I go to.

Pic related also fills the quick two-player slot really well, but at least one expansion is necessary.
>>
>>339604995
A lot of girls like playing board games and its actually a great idea to go to a board game cafe for a first date. They'll think you're fun and unique. Hasn't failed me yet.
>>
>>339604669
>>339604520
7 Wonders is pretty great, never played Duel though
>>
>>339603201
>qt furry girls
Years ago I got baited by the fact furry girls are horny as fuck. I did fell for the bait, studied furry movement, mindsets, psychology, then started messaging few random furries, indeed some were very horny and fell in love with me because they wanted attention. But they were disgusting landwhales trying to hook-up.
>>
>>339604934

Only bad games get down to that price; print runs are so low in the industry that there's never really any clearance stock of good games.

I haven't played either of them, but I can at least link you some reviews.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18745/sun-tzu
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/128219/shafausa
>>
>>339604995
confirmed or never playing boardgames with strip rules
>>
>>339605362
Well, according to you, they really WERE horny as fuck, just fuck ugly, which no one promised you they won't be.

No bait here, just truth bombs. How is it even in any way surprising that a girl that pretends to be a wolf wants to get knotted like a doggie?
>>
>>339605359

Duel is a much better game -- with the obvious limitation of only being two players. It's 7 Wonders with enough extra mechanics to make it more than just "Pick the obvious card and pass your hand" while still playing in the same amount of time.
>>
I found a surprising amount of my friends were into board games in college. Ended up playing Clue, Munchkin, and Catan a lot among other games. Catan is fun as shit
>>
File: 1461527351412.jpg (207 KB, 1272x720) Image search: [Google]
1461527351412.jpg
207 KB, 1272x720
>tfw play lots of video games and board games

I fucking love games. Just got Xenoshyft Onslaught. It's kind of tough but in a bullshit way. Lije there's enemies in the final wave that damage your base no matter what you do. Sure, there is an item to prevent this but it has a pretty high chance of never showing up in the game. Still, it's fun. Have a beer, shoot some aliens with friends.
>>
>>339602994
>not getting laid because you dont play board games.

Yeah thats their problem
>>
>>339604520
But that's what everyone plays. You sure you're not just an American?
>>
>>339606119
If you want to really go nuts with Catan, get the Pirates and Explorers expansion. It's the only one you need. It makes the board huge, gives you lots of opportunities to earn victory points but not so much that you aren't playing tug of war with the other players for them. It rewards thinking ahead and changing your plan on the fly. Takes a tiny bit of randomness out of it and makes a little more room for skill. My roommates and I play the fuck out of the expansion. Well worth the price.
>>
>>339606360

I am an American -- the American idea of board gaming is Monopoly, Munchkin, Werewolf, or at best some euro hybrid like Chaos in the Old World.
>>
>>339603201
>wanting furry girls

Literally why
>>
>>339602994
I hate playing board games with my friends because everyone spends entire games debating rules or blatantly "not cheating".
Also Secret Hitler is my group's favorite game by a long shot and that game is basically made so that it always devolves into shouting matches
>>
Why not both? What's up with all these retards who can't do anything in moderation?
>>
Any social games similar to resistance/avalon?
Or suggested backstabbing game?
We bought dead at winter a while abck and noone really enjoyed it since we were at the mercy of the dice most of the time
>>
>>339608041
A lot of games have hidden roles/traitor mechanics, there's a board game general on /tg/ that would know more than I do. But off the top of my head, Shadows Over Camelot, Spyfall, and Bang!: The Dice Game are all good.
>>
>>339609218
Alright thanks ill check out tg
>>
>>339602994
But this is what local multiplayer is for
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.