[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you begin your journey /v/? 2004 here, quit in 2008
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: runescape5.jpg (71 KB, 765x503) Image search: [Google]
runescape5.jpg
71 KB, 765x503
When did you begin your journey /v/?

2004 here, quit in 2008 with Summonshit being added.
>>
2005. Played that account on and off till 2009.
Then I didn't play again till last May when I started a new account. It's been fun, almost all my skills are 90+ now and I'm trying to max.
>>
I think I played briefly in 2007/2008, I remember this kid asking me to attack him on the starting area or some shit
>>
Late '04 / Early '05
Quit (RuneScape 2/ 3) shortly after they released EoC
I actually liked the HD Update

>Feel like playing OSRS
>Don't want to invest time in it again
>>
Early 2005. I quit sometime in 2011 but started playing OSRS when it went F2P.
>>
Whatever year had scythes. I log in from time to time to show it off and tell noobs they can get it in wildy
>>
Never played that shitty game.
>>
>>339604196
>Oh look it's a thread asking a question obviously directed at people who played the game
>Better open it and reply!
>>
>>339601042
RS3?

Have fun getting 120 dung. It's fucking nauseating.
>>
>>339604490
I'm doing dungeoneering right now actually. Rushing through floors 1-29, at level 89
It's not so bad because I've got clanmates who are really efficient and can get large floors done pretty quickly.
I'm more dreading Invention because that's a pile of shit. Actually training it isn't so bad because all I need to do is afk fish for a while, but getting the parts to build the gadgets is fiddly, expensive and tedious. It's so stupid that parts are rng based.
>>
>>339600442
2004? quit in the same year the first time someone convinced me to pick up the ashes or urn. i was even like "is something bad going to happen?" and the guy said just "no"
>>
>>339604993
>89
Then you realise that at 92 you're only 50% of the way to 99... Then at 99 you realise that you're only ~10% of the way to 120.

It's horrible. Personally I just did 103-115 in single BXPW and after that sinkholes and dailies... every day... It might've been 400k-600k exp each day but it was still the worst fucking shit.

At least with Invention you get to make money while losing a lot of it.
>>
>>339605331
>Then you realise that at 92 you're only 50% of the way to 99... Then at 99 you realise that you're only ~10% of the way to 120.
Sure, by pure numbers, but exp rates curve upwards too. Getting 13m exp from level 110 is a lot different from getting 13m exp from level 1
>>
>>339600442
06 or 07 id like to say. Stopped playing when they took out the wilderness and free trade.

But now im playing osrs and botted a shit ton kek. Got 99 agil and 80 something fishing and cooking. Got banned twice for a week. Surprised i wasnt perma banned. Playing legit now tho
>>
Some guy scammed me blind of my entire account, then tried making an archer dude, then realized archer dudes suck and that I'd fallen behind in stats to my late-start casual sister who was also playing, and then found a game that didn't have nearly as much grind, nor as many p2p walls all over the place. I don't even remember what it was. Probably something off Newgrounds or Armor Games. Goodbye, Runescape, and good riddance.
>>
>>339600442

Started way back when it first came out, quit after the first graphic update.
>>
>>339600442
2009. Golden year of RS played through 2010 and 2011. Then i started Highschool and quit RS forever. T'was fun.
>>
>>339607015
>T'was

You're still in highschool.
>>
>>339607585
I am become highschool.
>>
Early 2006. My old username is based on a misspelled Bionicle. Probably one of my most played games in terms of my whole life. I got membership in 2008, lost my first account, and then member again for my second account in 2009. By 2010 my interest was waning, but there were periods where I played it for a few months or a few days here and there. Recently have been getting back into it with a friend I played with back in 2006.
>>
>>339606797
What bot do you use? I have a hard time finding undetected/non scam bot services
>>
Invention is a degenerate skill that took away my comp cape forever.
>>
I started in 2005 and was really into the game 2006-07. In 2008 I started going on and off and was pretty much done by 2010. I'm playing Oldschool now, taking my time and enjoying it.
>>
Anyone play Chronicle?
>>
2007 to 2009 and then played on and off, the runescape community is probably more contrarian then 4chan and that is a big achievement.
>>
File: 99 summoning.png (3 MB, 1600x859) Image search: [Google]
99 summoning.png
3 MB, 1600x859
I never quit. This was a couple weeks ago
>>
Is it worth getting back into the game for RS3? I played OSRS when it came out for over a year and might try to get back into it, but I also want to have a populated community. Any advise?
>>
I solo'd 99 dung back in 2011 it was the biggest grindfest ever
>>
>>339607846
Powerbot, was my own fault tho. Left the bot running for a good 27 hours cuz i forgot about it
>>
>>339611290
Purely number wise, I'm fairly sure both OSRS and RS3 maintain around the same number of people online, thats not accounting for bots on either side of course.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.