[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever Buy us /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: broughtbackStars.jpg (144 KB, 638x467) Image search: [Google]
broughtbackStars.jpg
144 KB, 638x467
Did you ever Buy us /v/?
>>
>>339600296
Got Rocket Knight after playing the demo. The difficulty spiked an insane amount after what you play in the demo.
>>
>>339600296
Man I actually bought both of these and they were just forgettable.
>>
Bought earth worm jim on 64 and rocket knight on genesis never bothered with xbox live arcade remakes
>>
Rocket Knight Adventures on Genesis is one of the best gen 4 platformers. The sequel Sparkster was good too. I never even knew about the XBLA game. Will look into it.
>>
>>339600296
Rocket Knight was a terrible game riding on pure nostalgia. It's an insult to the original in terms of gameplay, music and visuals.
>>
Got Jim. Was severely disappointed.
>>
>>339602737
only good thing that came from it was the ewj suit for your avatar
>>
Rocket Knight wasn't a terrible game but it just doesn't live up to RKA or SNES Sparkster. Even Genesis Sparkster was better.

Is Earthworm Jim HD any good? Only ever played the SNES version.
>>
File: goldridleyaward.gif (4 KB, 280x98) Image search: [Google]
goldridleyaward.gif
4 KB, 280x98
XBLA Thread

What does everyone think of The Maw?
>>
>>339604814
I mean it's basically just the snes game with "remastered" (aka bad) music and vectored sprites. and a few bonus levels. hope you like memes
>>
>>339605357
Haven't played it yet, but I have it with a bunch of other pixel-byte games or whatever the company was called.
>>
>>339605454
>>339604814
but it haaaaaazzzzzzzz multiplayer tooooo!!! :O
>>
>>339604814
No, it plays completely differently (worse), with awkward looking graphics and even some removed levels

The only redeeming factor about it is the co-op mode
>>
>>339605549
I forgot about that since I never had anyone to play it with
>>
>>339604814
Gen. RKA > Gen. Sparkster > SNES Sparkster > Fake RKA
>>
>>339605454
>>339605580
What version of Earthworm Jim is the most recommended? It seems like every version has a bunch of levels the others don't.

>>339606281
As long as RKA is at the top and Rocket Knight is at the bottom you're alright in my book.
>>
>>339606281
>Genesis Sparkster above SNES Sparkster
sure, if you're a nigger
>>
>>339607398

Sega CD. And by extension, the Windows port.
>>
>>339607398
Out of the original Mega Drive/SNES, Mega Drive is the better version because it has an extra level.

Overall, if you don't mind emulating, then the Sega CD version is probably the best. Extra levels, enhanced music, overall just better as a whole
>>
File: CastlevaniaHarmonyofDespair.png (275 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
CastlevaniaHarmonyofDespair.png
275 KB, 334x400
Did you ever buy it, JONATHAN?
>>
I had a worm game on sega. It was a nice cartoon also.
>>
>>339609051
Pretty fun if you got the PS3 version with couch co-op.
>not maining 8-bit Simon Belmont
>>
>>339609051
>Johnathon
None of the characters from POR are on that game cover, so I'm not sure why you would refrence that meme...
>>
>>339608108
SNES Sparkster blows
>>
>>339609051
I doubt I could go back to it, and I have even greater doubt that this would be something that will happen again, but boy did I grind a lot of charlotte.
>>
>>339609481
But it was fun uppercutting everything with Richter
>>
>>339610657
your mother blows
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.