[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ask where I can find a good prebuilt gaming PC >"Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: Robin.jpg (44 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Robin.jpg
44 KB, 500x281
>Ask where I can find a good prebuilt gaming PC

>"Why don't you build your own"

Every single time.
>>
>>339594336
>prebuilt
Just buy console and fuck off.
>>
Why don't you just buy a PS4?
>>
>>339594336
Well why dont you? Are you a scared retard?
>>
Because it's fucking idiotic spending extra money for someone else to do what you can easily do.
>>
>>339594390
>>339594435
Not OP but my dad was trying to get a prebuilt to play eve better a while ago

Ended up driving home so I could put a pc together for him but it is a shame there's no decent prebuilt PC services aside from some of the shitty ones on Newegg
>>
>ask why I can buy a legos prebuilt of something
>they tell me to build my own
wtf
>>
But prebuilt is objectivley worse than building your own pc.
>>
Go ahead and spend $400 more than you need to for shit hardware.
>>
Why are PC fats so hostile towards others
>>
File: 1463709773725.jpg (21 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1463709773725.jpg
21 KB, 500x367
Because you pay more for bloatware and a less powerful system overall.

Building takes 20 minutes max, and is so easy a literal child can do it. http://youtu.be/NiwkSXAGxjE

No excuse.
>>
>>339594492
Maybe if you're poor. I have plenty of money so I don't have to make my own shit.
>>
Every single time.
>>
>>339594652
This.
Just fucking call a friend or something to help you get the right parts and build it.
>>
File: 1456104486008.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1456104486008.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>339594336
>People are trying to help me save money

Gee whiz, what a bunch of dicks.
>>
>>339594757
>most of /v/
>friends
>>
>>339594728
We're not being hostile we're recommend the best choice for OP.
How is that being hostile?
Do you not like help?
>>
File: fgGX8GU.jpg (82 KB, 640x739) Image search: [Google]
fgGX8GU.jpg
82 KB, 640x739
prebuilts are mostly designed to seem cheaper with using shitty mainboards, PSUs, Cases, and other OEM parts.

If you are hopeless and can't solve teenagers LEGO you can always either buy the parts yourself and pay somebody for it to assemble or walk into the nearest PC shop and let them assemble one for you for a premium.
>>
>>339594336

>buy pre build
>get lower everything
>pay more

>build your own
>literally simple as lego
>get more than prebuilt for less money

also if you are too autistic to find out how to put red cord on red thing on motherboard look up tutorial on youjew or something
>>
It's a legit question though. You get better hardware for less money if you build it yourself. If you're really too incompetent to do it, buy either a console or spend a few bucks in a PC shop where they build that stuff for you.
>>
>>339594748
>Having so much money that you can spend 400$ instead of working for 20 minutes to build the pc
>still being on /v/
it's almost like some people like being faggots
>>
Prebuilts honestly aren't so bad these days. You can get a decent enough prebuilt gaming PC off newegg for like, $600. Just don't expect to play on super assfuck ultra settings.
>>
>>339594742
>Building takes 20 minutes max, and is so easy a literal child can do it.

Basic builds yes, but if you're getting into any intermediate modifications like delidding processors and raid cards it'll take longer
>>
>>339594849
I don't see any recommendations for OP, only insults for even considering the idea of buying prebuilt
>>
>>339594728
see >>339594825
>>
Why the fuck are people so angry about prebuilts
>>
prebuilts are competitively priced these days

just go to a store or online and look at gaming PCs

compare the specs such as GPU, CPU, and memory capacity

hating prebuilts is a stupid meme. This is what the free market is for. I guarantee you'll spend hours picking out parts and installing things yourself.
>>
>>339594336
Just go to a part store, pick the parts, then pay $50 for them to do it?
>>
>>339594742
>"it's very heavy!"

for a 3 year old his cognizance of proper wording is impressive. He must be nearin 4.
>>
>>339594578
Prebuilt is bad for a few reasons, if you order the parts yourself I'm pretty sure there are often places that put it together for about $50.

Some sites let you add parts, then also add an 'assemble' item to the cart as well so they assemble it and then ship it.
>>
>>339595180
>if you order the parts yourself I'm pretty sure there are often places that put it together for about $50
>Some sites let you add parts, then also add an 'assemble' item to the cart as well so they assemble it and then ship it

Know of any in particular?
>>
>>339595059
I don't think people are angry, its just that prebuilds are utter shit aimed at stubborn idiots and genuinely clueless people. So there's no empathy for anyone trying to buy one.

Building a PC is like Lego these days and no one should be afraid to do so. Prebuilds are not only overpriced no, in some instances they feature hardware combinations that are damaging to the system. Like that PSU/Motherboard combination of that infamous Amazon build.
>>
>>339594336
Don't buy prebuilt

Most stores will build one for you for a relatively small fee($40-60 CND where I live). You'll still almost certainly get a better result than a prebuilt.
>>
>>339594336
logicalincrements.com

it's all there

.t /g/
>>
>>339594987
For real that's all you deserve for buying prebuilt.

It's fucking objectively wrong. The only advice you can give someone on getting a prebuilt is "Don't do it you retard"
>>
Why not just order from a site that lets you pick your parts and then puts it together for you?
>>
Don't be lazy
>>
>>339595070
No they arent
My comp total cost when 1070 releases will be less than 1000 gbp
Same prebuilt with shitty psu and half the ram 1400 quid
>>
>>339594336
Just go to a decent PC repair store and talk to them about what you want. Most of the PC shops near me are happy to help figure out a build for customers.

I remember seeing people posting a reddit page on /v/ about building PC's.
>>
File: hat fm.jpg (17 KB, 440x320) Image search: [Google]
hat fm.jpg
17 KB, 440x320
>>339594336
>Ask where I can find a good prebuilt gaming PC
>People tell me alienware
>LOL is too expensive/underpowered I want a prebuilt with the price of well researched independent parts
Every single time.
>>
>>339594336
its because prebuilts are overpriced, they're built to be sold at a profit

you can save money building one yourself, and it isn't particularly difficult, as its male/female sockets, and all of the sockets are their own unique shape
>>
>>339594748
that's usually what people that dont actually have a lot of money say. someone that has worked to become rich knows the value of saving money. so I am assuming you are either lying about your wealth or your parents have the money and you are an ungratefull little shit.
>>
>>339594742
It took my Steam friend a week to build his PC because he said after work he was "tired". He spent over a thousand dollars and left the parts out of the box for a week. After finally getting around to it, his motherboard was dead. Bought a new one and paid someone to put it together.
>>
>>339594336
Prebuilts are expensive af
You can build a 300 dollar computer that works the same as a 200 dollar prebuilt
Dude is just trying to help you save money and have a personal computer with better performances
>>
>>339594742
is that his wife's son?
>>
>>339594336
Look up your budget in the falcon guide:
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

If you're somewhere in the ~$600-1200 range there may be pre-built PCs for the same or cheaper from major hardware manufacturers if you look up the main components on newegg for the serial number, then shop that serial number around. There is such a thing as economies of scale when they mass build these machines using vertically integrated supplies that makes them cheaper than buying the individual components.
>>
>>339595284
pccasegear, but that's for Australia so you probably need to find one for your country.
>>
>>339595728
1200* dollars prebuilt
FUCK FUCK FUCK
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MY LIFE IS RUINED
FUUUCK
>>
Try alienware, I got one from there and its pretty good.
>>
>>339595724
>He spent over a thousand dollars and left the parts out of the box for a week. After finally getting around to it, his motherboard was dead.
And that's why you don't get motherboards from Chiquita.
>>
Don't act dumb.
Building a PC is above and beyond the better option.
>>
Because prebuilt gaming rigs are basically always a bad deal aimed at impressing ignorant consumers with fancy numbers. "We got 16 GB of RAM, bro! SIXTEEN! Nevermind that half that amount will take care of everything without breaking a sweat if the most memory-intensive thing that you're planning on doing is playing videogames. We skimped on the videocard, but it's not like you know shit about PC market, anyways, so you won't realize that this is where you want to spend your money. Oh, you want one of our PREMIUM products with a videocard that's just slightly worse than the current flagship cards? Here, have a $200+ upcharge compared to what you would have spent to build this yourself! The $1400 gaming PC isn't just a meme when you're shopping with us!"

You want good advice? Build your PC, or if you're too lazy and have $50 to burn, pick out your parts and have a computer shop put them together. You want people to give you bad advice because you don't like the good advice? Go find another ignoramus and let them convince you that getting ripped off is a good idea.
>>
>>339594336
If you're not gonna build it yourself, stay the fuck away from PCs as a gaming platform, Angry Joe.
>>
>>339594951
And don't expect the thing to last past the warranty. And DO expect that you threw away about 40% of what you paid.
>>
>>339594748

If you have money, I think that it's fine to spend it on having other people take care of things that you don't want to hassle with. A ten year old could mow the lawn every weekend, but that's doesn't mean that you want to be bothered with mowing the lawn.

However, buying prebuilt is the retarded chucklefuck way to spend your money to have someone else build your computer. You're going to wind up with a product aimed at wowing and taking advantage of ignorant consumers like yourself.

If you want someone else to build your computer, do a bit of research, decide what you want, then head down to a PC store. You can pay them $50 and then go get some lunch and watch a movie. When you get back, you'll have your PC.

I still recommend building your first, though, so that you can confidently take care of any upgrades that you might want without paying each time. Why pay $50 to have someone else spend 30 seconds popping ram into the slot on the motherboard, or not much longer than that to screw and plug in a new hard drive?
>>
>>339594850
>dat pic
I do that shit all the fucking time, I want to get off this ride.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.