[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Valve doesnt release a classic version of TF2 w/o all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: TF2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TF2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why Valve doesnt release a classic version of TF2 w/o all the hats and bullshit ?
>>
Why doesn't Valve start making good games again instead of promoting Dota 2?
>>
Because muh shekels
>>
>>339594145
They're making it. There will be a competitive update with similar matchmaking like CSGO.
>>
Last time i touched TF2 (2y ago prob) i went into a server where people didnt even bother shooting, they were just using the dancing emote all over the map and making fun and memeing with their fancy hats.

It was fucking sad

And i never touched TF2 again.
>>
Who plays TF2 anyway
>>
>>339594145
Because you are an autist who's butthurt about digital hats.
>>
>>339594145
Most people playing it nowadays are playing it for the hats and bullshit
>>
>>339594145
because the game is the same it has always been and no hat mods exist
>>
File: 1464402968011.jpg (32 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1464402968011.jpg
32 KB, 399x388
>He doesnt play on PS3
>>
Because they're too busy selling gun skins to hackers in CS:GO and particle effects to third world children in Dota 2.

Team Fortress 2 is a game from a bygone era when games were actually about the gameplay rather than the best way to jew the people playing it, even if TF2's corpse has been raped a few times.
>>
>>339596659
Servers are dead last I checked, or it has like 2 people on
>>
just mod it not to show hats

also release TF2 was unbalanced as shit, had garbage maps, and was generally a broken mess
>>
>>339594145
because anyone who actually cares about trivial shit likes people wearing cosmetics installed mods ages ago that remove them so there is no actual demand for such a thing.
>>
File: 1452528590659.png (9 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1452528590659.png
9 KB, 426x364
>Overwatch hype makes me want to play TF2 again
>Weeaboutique is dead
>TF2 without micspam

Dropped.
>>
>>339594145
>w/o all the hats
no hat mods
>and bullshit
What bullshit? You mean all the guns that are just sidegrades (or just straight up downgrades) to stock weapons?
>>
>>339595734
Not OP, but I actually liked the game's atmosphere better before hats came along.
It had really nicely designed characters that fit well in the maps and game's general feeling.
Not everybody is fond of people wearing flashy green/pink sets with rotating hearts floating around their heads, believe it or not.
Some people manage to make their characters look nice, but people wearing whatever they found with no theme are an absolute eyesore (which is the case for most players).

So yeah, a lot of people would like the option to hide cosmetics. It's not game-breaking, hat lovers will still get to show off their items, everybody's happy.
>>
>>339597378
I agree with you on that. I would have prefered in they didn't murder the game's style.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.