[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best franchise in time. The whole series collection is pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: flatout.jpg (41 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
flatout.jpg
41 KB, 460x215
Best franchise in time. The whole series collection is pretty cheap right now.
>>
I greatly dislike racing and sports games in general.
>>
>>339590421
Dude these games were literally trash.
>>
>>339590421
But only 1 and 2 are good. Ultimate Carnage is 2 rehashed and the less said about """3""", the better.
>>
nyoom
>>
>>339591659

Kill yourself faggot. Flatout is arguably one of the best racing games of all time. 1 is a perfection of driving mechanics, a perfect mix of realism and arcade.

>>339591661

Ultimate Carnage was basically just a HD port of 2 though, it's not it's own game. It added some more AI on the track and a few other things.

So just get 1 and Ultimate Carnage. I don't think there is any reason to get 2 now.
>>
>>339591661
>the less said about """3""", the better

I forgot to mention but 3 was by different devs. Bugbear lost the rights to the series or something, and that's why they are making Wreckfest now instead of another Flatout. The publisher went and gave Flatout 3 to some no name shitty dev and they turded out and abortion.
>>
>>339590421

Had tons of fun with this when I was a wee child. The good old days on the XP.
>>
>>339593678
2 is not brown as shit, for one, and it doesn't have GFWL, for two.
>>
Hardly a franchise, 2 is a better version of 1 and UC is a console version of 2

We don't talk about 3
>>
>>339593678
>Ultimate Carnage was basically just a HD port of 2 though
They have different soundtracks, and 2 has a significantly better soundtrack.
>>
>>339594065

>muh soundtrack

Kek, I can't think of a more irrelevant part of a game than the soundtrack. I don't even know why you mentioned this, what did you expect to achieve?

UC has more AI on track, and IIRC a few new cars and I think a new track though I may be mistaken on the last one. I own both 2 and UC and UC is the superior version.

>>339593942

Well what did they change? I had 1 on PC, and 2 on PS2. Then I bought UC on PC. UC on PC looked so much better than 2 on PS2, but how was the PC version of 2?

>>339594010

>2 better than 1

I dunno. I kind of agree. 1 has perfect driving mechanics and game feel, but it's also frustratingly difficult at times. 2 is more arcady and doesn't feel as good to drive, but it's less frustrating and more stuff to do so it's a bit more fun and relaxing to play.

I don't really know what one I like more.
>>
>>339594787
>I can't think of a more irrelevant part of a game than the soundtrack.
Then I'm not going to read any further because clearly you're a retard.
>>
>>339595005

>I play video games for the soundtrack

Holy kek, just wow, I am genuinely amused at you right now. I can't believe people like this exist. Why even play the game? Why not just download the songs and listen to them? I just don't understand you at all.

I play Flatout to race cars around on a track and smash into people, music is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>339595354
Well I'm sorry you can't understand how sound can improve a visual experience.
>>
>>339595493

I understand how sound can supplement the visuals by aiding in mood and atmosphere, but it's far from being a deciding factor. It's just a supplementary thing, like all the mise en scene in the background of the track, like having tractors and bails of hay laying near the track to make you go "ah yeah we are racing on a farm" but stuff like that isn't deciding factor levels of important.

I don't see how you are holding it in such high regard as if it is some core feature of a game and not just side dressing and polish.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.