[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do we even have critics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: critics.png (40 KB, 652x587) Image search: [Google]
critics.png
40 KB, 652x587
Why the fuck do we even have critics?
>>
User reviewers are false flaggers
>>
>Out of the Park Baseball 17 is better than Overwatch

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
reading the reviews give you a good idea of how the game is

they usually elaborate on several points letting you form your own opinion even if the writer actually had shit taste

just stop looking at scores
>>
>>339582827
>100-95 good
>94-85 okay
>84-0 shit
>>
>Anno Domini 2016
>using Metacritic instead of Opencritic
>>
>>339583284
>using glorified blogger reviews at all
>>
>>339582827
>Why the fuck do we even have critics?

to sell magazines and newspapers and endorse the movies made by studios who pay for ad space in said magazines and newspapers.
>>
>>339582827
>XCOM 2
>userscore 7.1

wow people really could not get gud and get over the mission timers huh
>>
>>339582932
Funny, I thought the critics were...
>>
>>339582986
No point reading someone's subjective, personal view of the game when you could just be watching gameplay footage or playing a demo yourself, and forming your own opinions based off your own tastes.

What I never understood is how they even find and employ these game reviewers. Do they just pick out people with journalism degrees or something? I feel like that's what they do, because how exactly do you prove you're knowledgeable about games? That's the problem with game critics. A lot of these game critics seem to have far less knowledge and experience, and are only good at writing, with which they decorate their shitty opinions. Some reviewers are so fucking ridiculous that I'll get better insight just from reading /v/ posts.
>>
>>339583052

this
>>
>>339583657
Nah, it's just a shit game generally, like its predecessor.
>>
>>339582827
>>339582827
Critics are people who are suppose to have seen everything a medium has to offer. They are the people who have tried things you adore, things you find mediocre or haven't considered trying and things you wouldn't touch with a 5 meter pole. They first try out said thing and are suppose to look at it from an unbiased point of view and explain it's strengths and weaknesses. They then recommend it for a certain audience and give it a rating. The only useful critics in my opinion are food inspector critics because some of them can actually shut down restaurants if they are serving terrible or contaminated food. Every other critic is subjective.
>>
http://prosjekt.eidvgs.no/ovedvik/
>>
Why is the user score so low for OOTPB17? It was a fine game and a good installment to the series.
>>
>>339583052

hope to God you're being ironic

i'm less compelled to play a game released since 7th gen that ahs a high rating, it's always cinematic bullshit. 7.5-8.0 is generally where the slightly niche games that actually have gameplay go.
>>
Marketing
>>
>stephens sausage roll
What
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.