[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect is based in truth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 292x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 292x172
So, I have this theory. I think that Bioware was influenced to make Mass effect by emissaries from the citadel council to get humanity used to the idea of the races therein so that we can avoid war when we inevitably advance to the point where we make contact.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1443152205413.jpg (160 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1443152205413.jpg
160 KB, 1600x1600
>>339576991
>wanting to avoid war with the xenos
>>
>>339577221
The xenos want to avoid war with us, more like
>>
>>339576991
If anything, it's because we all live in a simulation built after one of the endings. With a thorough enough spectrographic analysis of the cosmic background, we might be able to find out which one it was.
>>
>>339577840
I get it
>>
>>339577840
I was specifically referring to the first game. In my theory, 2 and 3 are just Bioware cashing in on an obvious cash cow.
>>
>>339576991
Your idea is shit.
Mass Effect (2+3) is shit.
So, yeah.
>>
>>339576991
Asari invasion when?
>>
>>339578156
No invasion. The council just preparing for inevitable contact when we start exploring the stars
>>
File: whatever.gif (998 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
whatever.gif
998 KB, 500x264
>>339576991
If the game were made by the citadel council, why did they decide to represent themselves as useless idiots who only get in your way throughout the games?

Also they shouldn't have made an ending that made people retroactively hate all involved.
>>
>>339578356
we're not close enough to anything to discover alien life. NASA would have detected them by now, and they're not hiding it because if they were their budget would be a lot larger than it is. our only hope is maybe in a couple thousand years we will have spaceships with cities inside them so we can live out several generations that it would take to travel to the andromeda galaxy.
>>
>>339578521
Several generations? Seems like a bit of an understatement.
>>
>>339578521
OP's theory is pretty retarded but I think it assumes Mass Effect Relays are real
>>
>>339578641
>Theory
Use the term correctly. A theory is the presumed sum of presented evidence.

Some jackass making assumptions doesn't make a theory.
>>
>>339578641
still all of the locations in Mass Effect are in the Milky Way. if there were lifeforms, or even mass relays giving off tons of radiation, NASA would know about it.
>>
>>339578858

Take it up with the OP. Would you have preferred if I put quotes around it? Shit
>>
>>339578423
This theory only applies to the first game. 2&3 were obviously just a cash-grab by Bioware when they realised how rich it would make them.

Also, maybe they didn't see it that way. They have the perspective that they're right, after all.
>>
>>339578521
We have only been able to send probes within our own star cluster. For all we know, there could be life in other parts of the galaxy.

>>339578950
That is assuming that it's a type of radiation we can detect with current technology, or even that it spits radiation at all.
>>
>>339578950
Do you know something I don't? As far as I know, no one has been able to definitively rule out the possibility of alien life in the Milky Way and even some astrophysicists say it's possible.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.