[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will make him useable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Winston_portrait.png (466 KB, 1137x724) Image search: [Google]
Winston_portrait.png
466 KB, 1137x724
What will make him useable?
>>
Start with you not being shit at the game. Winston is amazing.

t. Mercy main (I know all to well how obnoxious a skilled Winston can be)
>>
He needs to turn that frown upside-down!
>>
>>339575812
skill
>>
nopt op, But how so you play winston?
>>
>>339575812
>most played hero in competative playe

how bad are you?
>>
>>339575812
use two of them, always go on the same target at the same time

double winston both leaping on someone is about 100 damage right out of the game, and after that they have about a second to live before double lightning guns kill them. also, it cleaves anyone else near them, so they're in trouble, too.

seriously, if you've never seen double winston in KotH you must not be at very high MMR yet.
>>
>>339576203
Don't focus on objective, head toward enemy spawn and disrupt, even if you don't kill, you split up the enemy team and make it easy for your team to defend the objective
>>
File: FullHouse-EXVC-EN-R-UE.png (445 KB, 400x587) Image search: [Google]
FullHouse-EXVC-EN-R-UE.png
445 KB, 400x587
>>339575812
Jump behind enemy lines, destry the ever living shit out of their Mecys, Hanzos, symetras, Lucios, Zenyettas.

Learnt to use him. I bet oyu attack reapers head on.
>>
Needs a robo-banana.
>>
>>339575812
He'd be more fun with some kind of M3. He's just kind of boring and his ultimate is alright I guess. A-at least his jump is fun
>>
>>339575812

When you're actually decent at the game and you want free kills on any 200 hp hero
>>
File: 43289047029828347.jpg (37 KB, 586x522) Image search: [Google]
43289047029828347.jpg
37 KB, 586x522
>TFW I want to cuddle with Winston
>>
>>339575812
He's good on console :)
>>
He's already great.
Not amazing, not overpowered but top tier and still fair.
>>
>>339576554
Yeah this.

You don't use winston as a frontline tank like Reinhardt or Zarya. Him and D.va have very similar roles being they disrupt the enemy backline and flank much more aggressively then traditional flankers like Genji or Tracer.

He's generally best used if your team already has a front line tank or your using two Wintons which is strong as fuck. Winston is also a big part of why D.va is so underpowered he literally does the same job except he is WAY better at it.
>>
>>339577004
/thread
>>
>>339575850

>Winston is amazing.

Amazing is stretching it, he has some great tools but his damage output is pitiful, even if he can hit multiple targets an doesn't have to aim.
>>
>>339577212

I still pick Dva against Torb. She eats the fuck out of his turret and builds up so much ultimate from it.
>>
He's one of the best in the game, the fact that you don't realize this means you're utter shit at it.
>>
File: Pray.png (226 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Pray.png
226 KB, 500x375
>>339576519
>>339577212
>Double Winston is strong as fuck
Man, I've been switching to another hero every time I saw a second Winston, I feel like such a shitter for not giving it a try.
>>
Use him to bully snipers and push people off caps

It's so satisfying to fuck up Hamzos and Widows until they change classes
>>
>>339577624
This is my favorite part about playing Winston he absolutely shits on Hanzo and Widow.
>>
>>339575812
A trip to the Cincinnati zoo
>>
He's great. I think his ult should do more damage though.
>>
File: S76.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
S76.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
Why does everyone fucking say that 76 is basically COD, he isn't just some random smuck out of boot camp and on top of that he doesn't have multiple weapons, has an awesome AOE heal, rockets, and literal auto-aim for anything in front of him. I think everybody relates 76 with COD because he's a soldier, just that one reason, does anyone stop and look at him and try to get past the modern stereotype of shooter soldiers? No you all just take one look at him and go "A man with a gun in an FPS, hmm must be COD.". And I swear if somebody says "Well, its more of a joke than anything." I sir or mam have a counter argument for that, I have literary received death threats for being "A COD fan-boy in an MOBA." (But not as many as when I play bastion). Oh and if your sitting there reading this and think I'm just looking for attention then your very much so wrong, I'm trying to break a stereotype, I'm trying to inform people of a good character that is discarded because of said stereotype, I'm trying to get justice for a man that's been though so much already, I am trying to do something that will change how people view 76.
So the next time you have to pick a hero don't forget that "We're all soldiers now.".
>>
>>339577309
Good thing the reason he's great is not entirely about the output of his damage.
>>
>>339577710
Its not meant to do a lot of damage though. It gives you massive control over enemy placement and it gives easy environment kills on maps like Ilios.
>>
>>339577776
Blizzard stated he was made to be similar to a call of duty style of gameplay as a gateway character for people who normally play games like that.

He's still a lot of fun and I really like playing him.

Also this looks like some copy pasta.
>>
>>339577795
Roadhogs ult does that better imo. I just feel like a giant raging gorilla should be able to smash a single turret by himself.
>>
>>339577776
>Soldier 76's voice actor, Fred Tatasciore, is a regular voice actor for the Call of Duty franchise. His most well known role is Nikolai Belinksi from the Call of Duty Zombies storyline. This is a rather fitting coincidence as Soldier 76's design was heavily influenced by modern First-Person Shooter games, particularly Call of Duty.
>>
>>339577710
My problem with his ult is that since a good amount of control points have walls built around them, they just keep bouncing around the walls while I lose track of them, just leading to stupid deaths
>>
>>339577873
Roadhog is my most played character but it still gives you less control. It lasts shorter and you have to completely avert your aim away for things like Zarya shields or Genji deflects.
>>
>not always playing torbjorn
hahahahaah
>>
>>339577949
Yeah, that's why I prefer Roadhog for that purpose. It's much easier to knock them back on useful angles. When I'm ulting as Winston I just spam M1 while running around randomly because I can't see past his swinging arms anyway and just hope something happens.

>>339577958
I guess, but Roadhog can usually withstand the damage from the reflect and then heal up afterwards. And he can just eat Zarya alive (like how he eats everyone alive)
>>
>>339575812
>people bitching about Widow
>people bitching that Winston and DVa suck
>Winston and DVa hard counter widow

People are so bad at this game
>>
>>339578343
Assholes think they are too good to play non cool characters
>>
who do you guys think is the best pubstomper?
>>
>>339578453
Literally anyone if you're good.
>>
>>339578453
Roadhog. Guaranteed kill on anyone you can hook and has a self-heal so you don't have to rely on supports.
>>
>>339578453
Mei
>>
>>339578453
Roadhog, especially if you have a friend to play Zarya with you and give you shields
>>
>>339575812
You should listen to this guy: >>339576572
He's a really good anti-squishy and very mobile to boot. Personally, I like to plop a shield at the defense point for my team, then hop away and look for zenyettas/widows/genjis/torbs to pick off.
>>
>>339578343
>D.Va suck
This is true, and no amount of waifuism is going to change that.

There's no reason to not have ANOTHER McCree/Mercy/Lucio/Winston.
>>
>>339576418
It's not the player
It's the team

Winston is for competent teams
Guess what you don't get outside of comp
>>
>>339575957
Came here to make this exact comment.

Your gameplan as Winston is to harass healers/Reinhardt and the occasional squishy passerby (Tracer, Zenyatta, etc) as well as fucking up Widowmaker's day.

When you can chimp out you save it for a push, scatter enemies, distract turrets and scream at all the enemies until your team catches up/holds the point/payload. You can also chuck people off cliffs with your meaty gorilla fists which is also cool.
>>
>>339578343
Dva is probably getting buffed to "function" more like Winston though
>>
>>339578453
Torb is my new favorite.
Shitters hate turrets and his shotgun downs tanks in 2 shots
>>
He works fine but it feels like his weapon is missing an alt-fire function. Not sure what it could be though.

Burst damage would make him too powerful for ambushes. manually aimed 'grenade' or pulse attacks would just be copying Zarya or Symmetra.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.