[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went so right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1323246567.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1323246567.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2400
what went so right
>>
You weren't concieved.
>>
File: 1445136228212.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1445136228212.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>339572425

My favorite RPG of all time, surprisingly bad writing for Larian but great combat, cool setting and graphics but extremely clunky to play

Awful campaign, best campaign, okay campaign but best gameplay

Started out shit but was improved after patches, annoying as fuck and entirely a combat game but a cool setting, absolute trash poopbutt garbage from an anus

I have passed judgment.
>>
when the fuck is nu-torment and tranny coming out
>>
>>339573571

Tranny's probably got quite a while, Torment-That-Has-Nothing-To-Do-With-Torment theoretically should be any time now. They even made some noises about Bard's Tale so they should hurry the fuck up on Torment.
>>
Codex would have your head for including Dead Man's Switch and Pillars of Eternity but I can't really think of a better choice.
>>
>>339572425
I'm playing Dragonfall, The game is fine, feels like XCOM but even more watered down. I got the impression the devs are massive left wing faggots though, I'm one dyke/tumblr/whiteguilt dialog away of dropping the game.
>It's 2054. Haven't we gotten past this kind of things?
>>
>>339574185
I don't remember anything like that, are you sure you aren't just a massive faggot whose attentions have been too focused on whinging tumblrites?
>>
>>339574185
It's set in an anarchist city, what were you expecting? It never really gets obnoxious. You'll hate Is0bel in Hong Kong though, but then again, everyone does. Racter and Gaichu make up for her though.
>>
>>339574351
Hes probably talking about that mission with the humans that hate all other species group.

His fault for expecting anything else out of a Cyberpunk game.
>>
>>339574351
Really? Not even the whole shitting on Germany in the humanis mission? Every time someone insults a woman or a meta you get 2/3 "call the guy pig and threat him". The game expects you to be a whiteknight or feel good killing people for being racist even though you play as a mercenary, the whole thing reeks of hypocrisy.
>It's 2054. Haven't we gotten past this kind of things?
I'm sure that was a dialog option when talking something with the magic vendor, also I'm sure "I see you are entitled to your opinion" was somewhere too. The writing in general and motivations feel very tumblr-ish.
>>339574576
That was a disaster, seeing how happy was the team after killing those guys made me nauseous, felt so forced and out of character, especially for Dietrich, you would expect the guy to feel sorry for killing so many people that probably were in the same situation as his relative.
>>
>>339575226
You're jumping at shadows. Seeing SJWs in things that have nothing to do with them. The games have a liberal bent, but what do you expect out of cyberpunk? The "punk" is there for a reason, its supposed to be anti-establishment shit.
>>
>>339575756
Have you ever met an actual punk?
All they do is drink, spout anarchist bullshit and wreck shit.
If punk is black coffee with some rum on it at 6 am then Dragonfall felt like a frappuccino with a pink bowtie on top while rebloging pictures of quotes on Tumblr at 6 pm
>>
File: 1462836799792.jpg (215 KB, 558x845) Image search: [Google]
1462836799792.jpg
215 KB, 558x845
>>339572425
NOTHING WENT RIGHT YOU FUCKING STUPID THOSE GAMES ARE STUPID THERE MEMES THEIR INDIE FLASH GAMES GAY
>>
>>339578454

But can't you play Divinity and Wasteland 2, friend?
>>
>>339578512
THOSE ARE THE ONLY GOOD ONES ON THEY'RE
>>
>>339573482
I agree with all of this except I didn't get into Age of Decadence. I have a very low barrier for "this is too ugly even for me to play" but man AoD cleared it with fanfares.
>>
>>339579790

Can't really blame you. Wasn't ugly enough to deeply offend me but it has basically 0 visually appealing shit to it other than the portraits, which I thought were well done. Which is a damn shame since I thought the setting itself was cool as hell, it's just a shame they couldn't convey it better.

Supposedly their next major game (They're gonna knock out a dungeon crawler in the AoD setting using the same engine for a short cash infusion with minimal expense) is gonna be on a generation ship sci-fi setting and is going to be using Unreal engine, so hopefully it'll be more of a looker.
>>
File: trump.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
>>339575756
>implying anti-establishment is anything but neocon these days
But seriously, I don't know why you would think cyberpunk = liberal. Maybe 30 years ago. MSM these days has a primarily liberal bent and cyberpunk tends to be anti-MSM. In addition just look at 4chan, which is both anti-establishment and conservative.
>>
File: 1464288859562.jpg (137 KB, 431x427) Image search: [Google]
1464288859562.jpg
137 KB, 431x427
God Tier
>Divinity:OS
Good Tier
>Wasteland 2
>Underrail
Meh Tier
>Shadowrun
>Pilllars of Eternity
Trash TIer
Age of Decadence
>>
File: 3x3 2016.jpg (248 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3 2016.jpg
248 KB, 920x920
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.