[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ak45.jpg (174 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
ak45.jpg
174 KB, 625x352
What went wrong?
>>
>>339566731
Fans who think the batmobile is so cool ruined it.

The bat mobile was only used in the show to show batman was rich to have a jet car and transition him into another scene.

Dumb fans glorified it into some stupid batman staple and it ruined the game
>>
>>339566884
This.

Too much Batmobile puzzles
Too much Batmobile combat
Side quests are bullshit rescue firefighters, police, find the man-bat, wait for signals
Boss fights are absolute dogshit
>>
It was pretty great desu. There's a lot of everything as it is by far the largest Batman game so even if you don't like the car stuff you can glide or punch dudes all you want in other parts of the game.

IMO, it was too long and too large and the major plot was just way too predictable. The only thing keeping me going was the Joker and Batman's interactions which were really fantastic. I'm a huge fan of the Arkham series and AK is just as good as Asylum imo.
>>
>>339566731
I liked AK, but I wish there was a heavier emphasis on solving puzzles using cool gadgets and interesting boss battles, and less batmobile/tank shit. It got repetitive really quickly and doesn't really fit the tone of the Arkham games IMO. Asylum will always be my favorite.
>>
>>339566731
Nothings, it's my favorite game in the series.

It's hard to hate this game after you play the mission with Joker singing and the tag team combat with Robin.
>>
They did exactly what everyone was hoping they didn't do and make the arkham knight literally just be red hood. John Noble was great as Scarecrow though and the gameplay was really satisfying.
>>
>>339566884
>>339566995
>Game makes you the goddamn batman
>Wahhh too much batmobile

Fuck off.
>>
Weak writing
More predictable plot than Origins
Tank bosses
>>
>>339568912
I too enjoyed getting in the batmobile just to raise and lower obstacles that only serve to waste the players time instead of having actual enjoyable things to do.
>>
as a non-whiner /v/ poster, this is how I see it:

AA > AK > AO > AC

Arkham Asylum could have been the end, but it has been interesting to play the series and see how it all culminated in the gigantic mechanical conclusion that is AK. AO has the best combat of any of the games, the weapons they included really made the combat breathe and helped with the mindlessness that had set in by AC was finished for me. AC is fun, but I think it's a mess with how scattered and unfocused the whole thing was. AC was also by far the worst area to play in.
>>
>>339566731
Too much batmobile.

It wasn't nearly as interesting as the freeflow combat.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.