[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OHHHHH WELL I'M THE KIND OF GUY WHO WILL NEVER SETTLE DOWN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: Fallout-4-cover-art.jpg (330 KB, 1326x1512) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-cover-art.jpg
330 KB, 1326x1512
OHHHHH WELL I'M THE KIND OF GUY WHO WILL NEVER SETTLE DOWN
>>
>>339562825
God this game was shit.
>>
More roleplay elements and content and the game would've been good. Story is retarded but it's not like the original ones had a good one either.
>>
So I heard Far Harbor effected the endings to the main game. Did they make them any less fucktarded then they were before?
>>
>>339564624
>Story is retarded but it's not like the original ones had a good one either
There's a big gap between 1 and 2's 'average' stories and Fallout 4's 'pants on head fucking retarded and cringeworthy' story.
>MUH WIFE, MUH SON, MY ITTY BITTY BABY BOY HAVE U SEEN HIM
Not to mention all the plot holes, nonsense, and stupid factions like the Institute doing retarded shit for no reason.
>>
The biggest disappointment of this game is how they handled the main character. I could have accepted the MC having a past if they fucking utilized it in any way whatsoever. He could have recognized landmarks and had recollections about his past, remembering where he took his wife on his date or recognizing Ghouls besides the vault tech rep.

But no. His character is just "Prewar guy with a wife and kid" and it just stops there. It kills any roleplay we could have made for a huge wasted opportunity
>>
>>339564856
So you're just parroting the opinion the majority of /v/ has.
Take The Witcher 3 for example, the first 30 hours are muh Ciri and it doesn't get any better from that point. Things like Bloody Baron or helping Triss were nice but ulimately just fluff.
The problem with the Institute is that Bethesda never bothered explaining their point of view to a full extend. Plotholes like prewar jet or that kid surviving in a fridge for 200 years are blown out of propotion because people were disappointed to see it got dumbed down.
There are more than a few plotholes in New Vegas for example but you don't see anyone pointing them out.
>>
>>339565446
>There are more than a few plotholes in New Vegas for example but you don't see anyone pointing them out.
Could you? Nothing's really jumping out at me looking back on it.
>>
>>339564428
It's a mediocre fallout game but it's comfy as fuck as a minecraft/FPS hybrid
>>
>>339565081
Honestly I think just about every choice they made killed most of the roleplaying options.

>just enough backstory
>dialog wheel
>can't say no/be a dick
>voice acting
>>
>>339565575
For starters ceaser killed joshua for failing to defend hoover dam, but he forgives you for genociding the khans even after you get the mark of caeser.

then theres the fact house has a terminal that goes opens his private chamber, that has no password on it.
>>
>>339566106
>Fallout 4
>Dude kidnaps your kid
>Given four options that all amount to "Walk out in the open and say 'fuck you'" and attack

>New Vegas
>Dude shoots you in the head and leaves you in a shallow grave
>You can sleep with him
>>
>>339566236
>that goes open
Sorry big migrane right now
>>
Shit game because you can't holster your gun on your back

I could honestly have dealt with everything else like the shitty dialougue and butchered RPG aspects, but no holstering guns ruined it for me

And it really annoyed me how no one seemed to comment on it. Its lazy as fuck to have them just magically disappear
>>
>>339565575
>House is smartest dude in the Mojave
>4 robots are securing his inner sanctury
>no security whatsoever, NCR or Legion could just walz into it
>House knows Benny betrayed him but does nothing about it
>Caesar let you in his camp to do fuckall with the securitrons doesn't even bother to check, come with you or send any of his muscle because of reasons
>Chain that Binds of the BoS would make any Elder in the series lose his job for a plot crowbar
>>
>>339566675
In a game where you pull all your other inventory from hammerspace
Get wrecked nerd
>>
>>339566930
Just because you have an inventory with other stuff doesn't mean your equipped one should dissapear

I guess since I can carry other armors magically, then my equipped armor should be invisible?
>>
>>339566821
Thats no plot holes.
>>
>>339562825
I FUCK EM AND I LEAVE EM
>>
>>339562825
WE FOUND OUT
>>
>>339565081
>more shoehorning in of bethesda's shitty mcs
no
>>
HE'S A DEMONNNN

HE'S A DEVVVILLLL

HE'S A DOG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aeQ3DmKU7A

TIMES HAVE CHANGED
>>
>>339567014
I guess they're podracing then.
What are the plotholes of Fallout 4?
>>
>>339567000
You are arguing about realism in a video game. Get real.
>>
File: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (28 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
28 KB, 300x240
>>339567629
Ulog Kaufman
>>
>>339567765
>put the captcha in
Fuck I need to go to sleep
>>
File: 1459868139369.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459868139369.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
It's not amazing or anything, but I think FO4 is pretty fun. I mostly ignore the "plot" and just have fun doing quests, exploring, and building my settlement.

roast me /v/
>>
>>339567529
Not really a plothole but I did always have one question:

Why didn't Shaun copy himself into a Synth body when his old body was dying of cancer?
>>
>>339567958
Fallout 4 isn't terrible it's just not very good. However you were able to get more out of it than I was. Nothing to really roast you on.

ur a faget
>>
>>339567629
I'm not allowed to dislike the fact that my gun dissapears?

I play in 3rd person 80% of the time, it's very immersion breaking for me, it's lazy as fuck on Bethesda's part, and I'm sorry if that triggers your PTSD
>>
>>339567629
Nah he's arguing about a small little touch that has been in the previous games and the lack of this little touch ruining immersion.
>>
>>339567092
I'M A REAL PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>339566236
There's a vast difference between a private contractor that can operate almost entirely outside the rules of the Legion and a Legate and symbol of the Legion's military might, just as there's a vast difference between losing some auxiliary forces and the definitive battle of the war.

House's password situation is a touch bullshit, yes, but if you piss him off beforehand, you have to scour the ruins of Vegas to find the override code to even get back into the place.
>>
>>339567958
Me too.

Shredding noobs with muh gun is fun. Its a good distraction. The game had me hooked for a while.
>>
>>339568172
The Institute sees synths as property and not people, despite the Gen 3s developing actual personalities and wanting to escape. My guess is he sees it as something humiliating akin to living on in a dog or something.
>>
>>339565638
>comfy as fuck as a minecraft/FPS hybrid

Things we always wanted from a fallout game
>>
>>339569345
>shredding noobs
>single-player game
what is this post?
>>
File: aJpl2HM.jpg (359 KB, 500x1485) Image search: [Google]
aJpl2HM.jpg
359 KB, 500x1485
>>339569642
average modern fallout player

It is alled RPG
>>
>>339565081
At least far harbor kind of explains that by letting you say it's your only pre war memory because you're a synth.
>>
>>339568835
You being part of the Legion or working with the Legion goes against a few principles of Caesar.
He trusts you just for holding the chip and forgives you for killing his men.
Then you can talk the Monster of the East out of fighting you. The man who killed 12 kin for bowing down to Caesar, the man who killed Legion squads with tribe weapons.
>>
>>339570002
Which can't be true since A) You have memories of being a soldier and it's fucking retarded that you couldn't mention that, and B) The institute thinks Synths aren't people so there's no fucking way Father would let one run the Institute
>>
>>339570168
Honestly the writing in the game is all over the place. One could say that you have memories of being a lawyer/soldier because they were implanted by the institute. And one could say father let's you lead the institute as an experiment. When do we make big decisions as the leader of the institute?

The whole game is so sloppy and vague which is why the synth thing could actually work if you wanted it to.
>>
File: cats_never_change.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
cats_never_change.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>339567958
Still having fun with a minigun that has explosive damage for the legendary ... shreds Super Mutant Warlords with ease, haha.

Basically nothing lives after 'The Shredinator' warms up.
>>
>>339568172
Shaun seemed to want to die, straight up. Would have helped if he had a dialog check to uncover that info.
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 800x832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 800x832
Wasted potential. Not a surprise, considering we're talking about Bethesda here.

Anyway, should I give non FPS fallout a try?
>>
>>339570168
It's possible that like Nick's memories the PC's memories are also implants.

It's also possible that it's just the Institute fucking with the PC.

Like Blade Runner, it's left open to interpretation.
>>
>>339570715
Yeah, but the dialog options are only "My first memory ever is the day the bomb fell." three times and the forth being "Screw you DiMa." You're railroaded so hard into that choice

Thinking back, I'm almost certain that some random piece of junk in your house has the PC remember their first date with their spouse.
>>
File: bill_nye_fallout.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bill_nye_fallout.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339569545
Needs a mod that lets the player craft custom names for every Settler they attract to the settlements.

I'd care a lot more if Mr. Peaknuckles got pwnt by a random baddie raid instead of it being "Settler."
>>
Why the fuck did they remove ammo with different effects?
>>
>>339564624
the first story was good but even i thought the old fan overrated it.

second game was meh. atleast the main story was.
>>
>>339570917
Implant. Is it so hard for you to believe that the pc could be a synth? Bethesda is literally leaving it up to the player to decide if they want to be a synth. Like everything else in fallout 4's """story""" it doesn't make any fucking sense, congrats you're now up to speed with the rest of us who played the game when it came out.
>>
>>339570976
There's a mod that gives them a random name from the list of Codsworths recognised names for the survivor
>>
literally cant roleplay in the game and vats becomes even more broken than it was in 3 after a few pearks.

you lvl like a mad dog and i dont think there is a lvl cap even.
>>
>>339571114
>Is it so hard for you to believe that the pc could be a synth?
No, it's hard for me to accept contradictory information. Are you even reading my posts?

>DiMa asks the MC their earliest memory
>Says it's the bombs
>Prior information shows they have earlier memories then this

And if they were really letting the player decide they would give them more options then just "The bombs" three times.
>>
>>339570640
Tried it, it's clunky as hell, if you thought you'd hit nothing in Morrowind, don't try this game.
You can have 70% in Melee and not hit an Ant 3 out of 4 times. The "jokes" in this games are all so random meme references it blows.
Speaking Deathclaws and Enclave Mutants are somehow a thing. And people praise this piece of shit because they were 12 when it came out.
>>
>>339571275
Ya I agree with you, fallout 4 contradicts itself all over the place in the main game and dlc. If you have trouble with this choice in the dlc how did you even manage to play any of the vanilla game?
>>
Reminder that if you didn't choose the Minutemen ending you're doing it wrong
>>
>>339570002
If you say you're a synth and then afterwards, step on a mine and get killed, do your body parts change to be more robotic or does obvious blood and muscle tissue still show?
>>
>>339567629
>realism
>in a video game

look, i can overlook a few things in a game because its a game but, saying there wanted a game to fallow the rules of real life 100% is retarded and ruins it. video games were made to escape reality, not join a shity one.
>>
>>339571160
That's almost there ... just needs an interface like the custom weapon and armor names, and then I'm set for endless Sims Fallout management.
>>
>>339571323
Maybe you shouldn't have 1 Luck then.

Speaking Deathclaws and Enclave Mutants are a thing, yeah. But they make sense in the game's story.

>>339570640
Yeah, they're damn good. But I'd start with Fallout 1 first.
>>
>>339571504
Gen 3s are basically flesh and blood, only way to tell is if they drop a small synth component with the carcass.
>>
File: 1459207276162.jpg (698 KB, 2001x2800) Image search: [Google]
1459207276162.jpg
698 KB, 2001x2800
WE NEW VEGAS NOW
>>
>>339571504
You heal danse and curie with stimpacks and gen 3 synths can bleed. They never really explain what is mechanical in the gen 3 synths. Also, who is to say we aren't a prototype like nick and dima were?
>>
File: lazy shig.jpg (61 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
lazy shig.jpg
61 KB, 640x420
>literally rinse and repeat quests
>broken settlement system
>pants on head retarded
>no roleplaying
>people on /v/ still blew thousands of hours on it
This board never fails to amaze me
>>
>>339571770
It's a fun non-fallout overpriced Farmville - lite esque game.
>>
>>339571468
ANOTHER
>>
>>339571275
How would being a synth make any sense?

Vault 111 is a real place with real frozen people and old logs and skeletons of scientests detailing the freezing process

Why would the institute create you, give you memories that make you hate them, and then set you free
>>
File: confused tyler.jpg (39 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
confused tyler.jpg
39 KB, 636x358
>>339571859
...what?
>>
>>339569545
>we wanted
We already got what we wanted with New Vegas, so fucking speak for yourself
>>
>>339567958
>quests
There's not a single interesting quest in the whole game though.
>exploring
You're "exploring" skyrim dungeons in disguise with draugr and chests filled with procedurally generated loot.
>>
>>339572030
Ghouls don't seem that common in this game.
>>
>>339571731
>MC is a synth

you what m8?
>>
>>339565081
He does though. He literally mentions knowing some of the places in conversations.

Hell you can even visit the veteran center where your character was supposed to give a speech right before the bombs fell, and there will be some schedules and a draft of the speech.
>>
>>339571908
Institute finds Vault 111
Murders the spouse as seen
Takes the child and the PC captive
Memory-copies PC
Kills PC
Loads selected memories into Synth Gen 3
Sticks the Synth in the working freezerino in 111

Basically, they 'replace' people, like that dude Warwick.

The rest would be the Institute fucking with the PC, more or less
>>
>>339572230
Do you have the name of that place? I would love to see that
>>
>>339569846
>tfw you want to fuck every enemy you see
what happened bethbro's?
>>
>>339571917
Sigh... It's a neo-minecraft dungeon removed sim city emulator simulator.
>>
>>339572272
But that doesn't explain why The "Synths are subhuman scum" Institute would put you as their leader.
>>
>>339568172
>Why didn't Shaun copy himself into a Synth body
He did. The child Shaun is basically Shaun but without institute memories, since you're suppoesd to be the institute boss.
>>
>>339571558
Had 6 Luck.
It's so clunky that Arcanum had silky smooth mechanics in comparison.
>>
>>339572272
This is pretty much how it would be. Knowing how pants on head retarded the institute is this seems like something logical that they would do.

>>339572343
It's an experiment to see how a synth can operate without knowing it's a synth or something. Same reason they made synth gorillas and gave gen 3's actual emotions yet don't realize they have actual emotions.
>>
>>339572320
>sigh...
KYS you nigger
>>
>>339572343
For the advancement of science(its just a prank bro!)

Just like making robo-gorillas and sending out super mutants to terrorize the surface dwellers
>>
>>339570354
Tbh this kinda makes sense, because it still makes me wonder how come does a female pc who was a lawyer have the combat abilities similar to the male pc who was a soldier?
>>
>>339567529
A plothole is a story blackhole.
Somthing missing.

Plot=progression of the story
>>
>>339572502
baka thats just mad disrespect that aint necessary
>>
>>339572343
Seeecret Synth?

Wouldn't be a stretch to see Shaun fucking with his own crew by doing that.
>>
>>339570640
Try it. Have fun
>>
>>339572290
Fraternal Post 115
>>
>>339572526
Yep, like The Big MT, only Institute, and a lil' more srs bsnss about it.

US leading up to the Oct 23rd Happening is basically a Nazi-fascist level of nationalistic fervor. Like Trump on Steroids with a brain levels of fucking nuts.
>>
>>339565638
No, it isn't. It's just tedious bullshit.
>>
>>339572343
Makes sense. Institute wanted to progress humanity (transcend even) via the synths. Putting an unaware synth in position of an institue chief would be the ultimate experiment and an accomplishment i guess.
>>
>>339572970
Except they dismiss Synths at every opportunity. One guy nearly gets fired because he tries saying that a Synth dreaming might be proof of true Sentience.
>>
>>339572970
There are hints that it's possible in the story.

That one family in the Institute that has the Synth Mom ... that's an open prototype experiment to see if Synths can operate as family members.

Warwick and The Mayor in Diamond City are also Synths, replaced at some point by the Institute.

And, when the PC speaks to Shaun on the top of the CIT ruins, it makes sense that Shaun explains that letting his mom/dad out to run around in the Commonwealth wasteland was "sort of an experiment ... to see if the Commonwealth would corrupt you, as it has everything else." (paraphrased)

Shaun not mentioning the fact that the PC is a Synth at that point is a counterpoint, but then again, Shaun's not super-trustworthy, given that he ran Kellogg after he found out what he did to his family.
>>
>>339572272
your missing the part where they leave shit in the veterans place talking about how you were supposed to speak there.

And the terminals in vault 111 talking about family with the infant waited to the last minute.

Oh, and the USS constitution only allowing you inside because you used to serve in the army.

Not to mention they must have completly scrubbed the data from Institute Networks. The BoS can figure out Danse is a gen 3 synth but you miraculously don't get found out?

Please. Bethesjwda probably only added the "you might be a Synth" because they were upset people still liked the BoS and Bethesjwda was hoping to make everyone hate them so they could finally destroy everything connected to Fallout 1 &2.
>>
>>339573270
I know but the point is that only the father would be aware that pc is a synth. He was the only one who truly cared about progressing the humanity. The rest of the institute was just BoS tier people who wanted to eventually retake the surface and be in power.
>>
>>339573412
shit, I forgot one more part of that convo on CIT Ruins ...

There's an option to tell Shaun the PC still loves him ... and he is kind of surprised, and says something to the effect of "that's quite remarkable."

Which is kind of weird because he'd have ample examples of parental love for their children within the Institute, so his reaction to that statement kind of seems like Shaun is genuinely surprised ... maybe because the PC is a Synth, and that it still has feelings like his own mom/dad would have.

That ties into the Synth Shaun that also emotes around the PC during and after the main story's conclusion.
>>
>>339573458
Did you even read his comment? Be honest...

The dude mentions that the institute killed the lone survivor in the vault and unfreeze you in his place. This would mean that the original ls would still have been alive and scheduled at the veterans place before the war. And you would be recognized at the uss constitution because you're a copy of the veteran lone survivor.
>>
>>339573458
I'm not missing anything, that would be 2077-era PC, not out of realm of possibility that the Institute replaced that person with a Synth.

Gen 3s are indistinguishable from their live counterparts, so I doubt a robot would be able to tell if humans can't tell the difference.

See all those Redacted entries? Yeah, the Institute scrubs stuff. Particularly the FEV lab stuff, and the stuff about Shaun's cancer.
>>
>>339573705
of course he didn't read, lol.
>>
>>339572030
>Quests
Silver Shroud
Cabot House (I will admit, this one is memorable for all the wrong reasons)
The quest with Bobbi No-Nose
Finch Farm
Valentine case files
Salem quest
Curtain Call
BOS Intro quest
Cambridge Polymer Labs

Far Harbor and Animatron

FO3 and NV had more memorable quests, and radiant quests generally suck ass, but there are still a number of fun side quests in FO4.

>Exploration

This is where FO4 excels, just like FO3. So many neat little areas to explore and, while some of them are repetitive (super mutant hospitals, raider quarries, Gunner bases), others are really fun to explore.

>>339572290
I don't remember the name but it's down the street from Cambridge Police Station. It's filled with Super Mutants. It's near the Cambridge Polymer Labs too if that helps.
>>
>>339562825
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
Are there any decent mods, yet?
>>
>>339573412
>>339573579
It's all invalidated by the fact you get your brain scanned by Amani, who would recognize that you're a synth since half her job is tinkering with Gen 3 brains. Furthermore, you're given several opportunities to recount events from before the Great War, which flies in the face of DiMA's claim.
>>
>>339565081
If you knew Bethesda by now they don't explain jack shit or provide any detail regarding anything because they want YOU to do that.

They want everything to be headcanon because that's what their definition of roleplaying is.
>>
>>339573898
Who's to say we aren't a gen 4?
>>
>>339573801
This, and it's the Fraternal Post 115.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fraternal_Post_115

Stepping up to the mic, one can say "War, War Never Changes" ...

and there's a Guns n Bullets mag in there as well.
>>
>>339573801
Yeah, there is only a handfull of quests in the game, but literally everything else are the same copypaste, boring quests. This is especially apparent when you actually beat the ""story""

Also, there is no reward to exploration other than junk. At least games like Far Cry 4 pulled of the "exploration for the same of exploration" think just fine by offering a gernade or some money, but really you get jack shit for exploring
>>
>>339573972
If you're going to play that card, who's to say the game all wasn't a dream?
>>
>>339574049
*sake of exploration
>>
>>339573898
Dr Amari doesn't scan our brain or at least she doesn't say that she did. All she does is let us sit in a memory lane type chair and go into nicks brain with Kelloggs memories. If you replayed that part you would see that all we are doing is looking into a tv just like memory lane.
>>
>>339573898
Not a bad counterpoint, but we never see anything about Gen 3s that distinguish them from humans beyond the dropped Synth component.

All we see her do is hook shit up to Nick's noggin, but he's an earlier prototype, not flesh and bone.

They're a memory-experience place, like out of Total Recall. The process for wiping a human's memory and a Synth's memory may be exactly the same. We don't know for sure.
>>
>>339574078
What if the entire game is literally the same story as Black Ops III?
>>
Anybody else here thought the combat was a huge step in the right direction?
Felt like you were actually in a shootout imo, never got that feeling from NV and 3.
>>
>>339574159
>>339574171
You're forgetting you can relive your own memories independent of the MQ - Amari notes no abnormalities.
>>
>>339574289
Yeah. There's even a mod that increases the reverb volume which makes the game actually sound like fucking Battlefield which is great. Extremely immersive and loud.
>>
>>339562825
It's type of guy not kind of guy
>>
>>339574437
What if that is the moment your mind is transferred into a synth body? And everything you live up to that point is just reliving the wake up from V111 in the machine?
>>
>>339574437
We don't know whether or not a synth 3 brain is distinguishable from a human brain. The game never expands on the inner workings of a synth 3. Also, who's to say somebody playing as a synth character did that quest? Ultimately, at this point we are just analyzing how well the synth character theory holds up to every tiny detail in the vanilla game and it's doing exceedingly well considering bethesda probably didn't plan for it.
>>
>>339574437
Wouldn't an abnormality indicate something like a botched job? It's not clear how Amari does the memory jobs.
>>
>>339574647
Tbh the whole mind transfer shit feels out of place and ridiculous.
>>
File: 1308094600792.jpg (314 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1308094600792.jpg
314 KB, 900x600
I'm on my 2nd play through. I can't help but do railroad quests. They fit exactly like how I like to play fallout games. Stealth. Just finished one of the best side quests yet that I never did on the first game. Called Confidence man.
>>
>>339574717
Not any more than dragons and magic spells tbqh famalam
>>
File: spy_v_spy.png (80 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
spy_v_spy.png
80 KB, 256x256
>>339574758
Fuck yeaaaah!

I love the spygames. Your PC can essentially be a quadruple agent, playing everyone off each other.
>>
>>339573801
>>Exploration
>
>This is where FO4 excels, just like FO3. So many neat little areas to explore and, while some of them are repetitive

Are you fucking stupid, FO4 is by far the worst of the three 3D Fallouts to explore. Every fucking place is just a raider/supermutant hideout. That's it, that's all you'll ever find. No unique NPCs to give out a quest, no cool items to find, just raiders, supermutants and junk.
>>
>>339574632
It's only doing exceedingly well if you assume that absolutely no one notices it whatsoever, despite several parties having a vested interest in finding and disseminating that kind of information and (presumably) the means to acquire it. If the BoS can figure out Danse is a Synth, they no doubt can figure out if you, the Institute's evident pet project, are. It also flies in the face of basic logic - why would the Institute horribly oppress synths and simultaneously appoint one their leader? Why does their experiment have no safeguards whatsoever? Why is their no failsafe in the event that you go rogue? Why are you susceptible to hunger, thirst, sleep deprivation, and radiation to the point where all of that can kill you? Why does Amari not notice your apparent synthiness if she regularly works with synth brains and interfaces with yours?
>>
Bethesda cutted an ending where you become the BoS elder, and you wont destroy the BoS with the minutemen
A mod restores it

Also, daily reminder that you are doing it wrong if you didnt side with the minutemen
>>
>>339574964
Someone didn't find Arlen Glass's office

or any of the places that gave out side shit to do
>>
>>339571468
>Let's set off a nuke because we got attacked by a small band of Synths exactly once!
Fuck man, the writing was so shit.
>>
>>339574919
Yea my first game I accidentally turned bunker hill into a blood bath by telling them both
>>
>>339575021
BoS only learned that Danse is a synth after they analyzed the data you gave them.

What's more intersting is the fact that you can teleport to Institute using the relay (and your pipboy?). You only really see synths do that.
>>
>you get damaged by rads

Pc isnt a synth
>>
>>339575097
Yeah ... I want a mod that restores that, or a patch down the road. Would have been cool to wipe out Scumbag Maxson and tell the BoS how they're gonna run their rap.
>>
>>339575097
>Also, daily reminder that you are doing it wrong if you didnt side with the minutemen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFsWCzBBmk
>>
>>339575162
>molecular relay

The PC could have teleported a potato if he wanted too.
>>
As someone who only played FO 4 (playing through NV and 3 soon). Were the older titles more similar to mass effect? I mean in terms of the dialogue actually giving you different outcomes based on your choices.

I realize that Fallout is open world and mass effect isn't, so it is probably harder to do.
>>
File: neck yourself.png (26 KB, 459x552) Image search: [Google]
neck yourself.png
26 KB, 459x552
Oh look, the shills are back
>>
>>339575162
Father does it. The Minutemen teleport out of there You also get a chip installed to your Pipboy that lets you do it. Before you insinuate that it's a bug of some sort, if that were the case, the Institute would know well in advance that the PC would betray them.
>>
>>339575234
There is already one, but with it the minutemen arent forced to attack the BoS and you become elder, but i am not sure.

Search it on nexus
>>
>>339575286
Sort of.
3 and NV never had any lasting consequences, though they did have small choices that affected the ending cinematic.
>>
Far Harbor was pretty good desu.
>>
>>339575262
We don't really ever see a proof of this working on humans, do we? The courser synths seem proficient at using it though.

>>339575234
>Scumbag Maxson
>berniefag detected
>>
>>339575286
New Vegas is actually considerably better than Mass Effect in that regard, since it has skills and skill checks that let your character's abilities influence just about every quest in the game and then some.
>>
>>339575104
>or any of the places that gave out side shit to do

You mean the numerous settlements that give out the same "go clear out these raiders" radiant quests?

Also Arlen Glass was incredibly boring, just a bunch of holotapes about his daughter. In fact, FO4 seems to have a heavy reliance on holotapes for side stories, though most of them are incredibly generic and lacking the humor or spark found in Fallout games.
>>
>>339575143
I've done that quest several ways ... my fav way is to warn both the BoS and the RR, travel to BH, sneak up behind the Courser and end him, then end everyone who is BoS or Institute on the way to not reclaiming the escaped Gen 3s ... only to head back to the CIT Ruins and either bullshit Shaun about it being an ambush or just tell him that you failed by not getting there in time ... either of those ways keep it easy with Shaun to overlook the failure.

If the rejection of reclaiming Synths happens for dialog, you get banned, and that's basically the way to get the MM end-line going.
>>
>>339572272

Okay, let's assume everything you said happened, why would they do that?
>>
File: John Romero visiting Ion Storm.jpg (53 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
John Romero visiting Ion Storm.jpg
53 KB, 1024x768
>/v/ likes Fallout 4 now
God I know this place can be filled with casuals but jesus this is Reddit tier
>>
>>339575384
Especially NV, it was written in a way that really every choice you made came into effect in one pivotal battle in history that would shape the future to come.

You basically play the subtle jew, influencing others to your will without them even realizing what you're doing.
>>
>>339575447
says you

>>339575426
not a Berniefag, plenty of folks would find Maxson rather unhinged.
>>
Where's my silent protagonist with fallout 3/NV dialog menu mod?
>>
File: science_bitch.gif (461 KB, 374x204) Image search: [Google]
science_bitch.gif
461 KB, 374x204
>>339575517
Why do they have a Synth Mom in one family inside the Institute? Why is the Third Rail singer a Synth? Why also Warwick and the Diamond City Mayor? Why the two Arts in that random encounter?

SCIENCE!
>>
>>339575384
>NV never had any lasting consequences
You can literally wipe Novac off the map, reclaim Nelson/waste Forlorn Hope, turn Cottonwood Cove into an irradiated hellhole, and recruit various factions to show up at the Dam. That's not even getting into the companion-specific developments and what entails.
>>
>>339575589

>dialog menu mod for fallout 4

Anon, are you sure you want that?
>>
>>339575426
>Berniefag
>Maxson is best
Maxson disobeys the very tennants the brotherhood is founded on: To protect and gather tech away from those who would misuse it.
He fucking nukes the tech central of America, full of valuable data, research, and advancements in medicine.
He banishes Dance instead of killing him or studying him.
He commissions vast quantities of materials to rebuild Liberty Prime for the sole purpose of misusing it's nukes.
>>
>>339575701

Well, i guess the mayor thing is excusable since he's in a position of power, the rest i don't know
>>
>>339575935
Basically, Maxson took an Enclave-in-F3 stance, that being that humanity, particularly their version of it, is the only kind that gets to survive. Short of dumbed-down robot helpers, ghouls, other FEV-infected animals, Synths, and everything not BoS is eventually going to get roasted.

And yeah, the whole wanting to destroy all that research in Institute was pretty much off the general BoS reservation.
>>
File: PVwweN9.jpg (862 KB, 2696x4044) Image search: [Google]
PVwweN9.jpg
862 KB, 2696x4044
>>339575291
But Guize! What if, now here me out, what if all of the minutemen are synths.

Oh you did the BoS ending and Maxson teleported into Institute?

Maxson is a synth!

Everyone is a synth!

Bethesda is just that good guys. Truly GOTY.

Did you buy the other two dlc yet? Wasteland workshop is a lot of fun! I promise.
>>
>>339575286
>Were the older titles more similar to mass effect? I mean in terms of the dialogue actually giving you different outcomes based on your choices
But that's not how Mass Effect works. You do something and Bioware made all the choices have the same outcomes.
>>
>>339575969
Well, Warwick was planted in order to study GMO seeds from the Institute.

The Synth Mom in the Institute was a simple open experiment to see if Synths could function in family environments.

Shuan's kid Synth was the product of prior ongoing experiments, basically as perfect a rendition of himself as a kid as Shaun could craft, which was still getting the glitches worked out when the PC meets Old Shaun in the Institute.

And a PC being a Gen 3? Probably an earlier experiment related to the Synth Mom, studying whether Synths have genuine emotions (key is Shaun's surprise when the PC tells him atop CIT ruins that he/she still loves him).

SCIENCE!
>>
>>339575530
Theyre just fags from the general. Notice how the poster count is extremely low compared to the replies.
>>
>>339576202
>Oh you did the BoS ending and Maxson teleported into Institute?
But they literally have to nuke a hole down into the Institute.

>>339576206
No, your choices matter until the last half hour of Mass Effect 3 when it shits the bed.
>>
File: 1451438655513.webm (961 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451438655513.webm
961 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>339575530
But most of 4chan IS from reddit. 4chan rips all their memes off, after all.
>>
>>339576252

But why? What was the point of giving human emotions to a robot if they'll end up treating them like robots anyway? Why not just regular robots with synth bodies?
>>
>>339576580
What part of SCIENCE! do you not understand?
>>
>>339576316
>No, your choices matter until the last half hour of Mass Effect 3 when it shits the bed.
No.
Killing the Council has no effect, the human council is gone in 3 no matter what.
Putting Anderson on the council has no effect, Udina will be on the council no matter what in 3.
Killing or saving the bug queen in 1 is irrelevant, there'll always be a new queen in 3.
Squadmates dying in 2 has no effect on story outcome, new characters replace them and will do exactly the same shit.
Blowing up or saving the base in the 2nd game does nothing, the same shit happens in the 3rd game no matter what.
Telling the space gypsies to go to war or not to has no effect, they go to war anyway in 3.
All three endings are the same with three different colours.
>>
>>339576580
Maybe the plan down the line is to give 'em a longer leash.

When you first start making something that complex, it's probably a bad idea to let it run totally free.
>>
>>339576580
Because the institute doesn't believe they are actually real humans, they believe they're just a program pretending to be a human or whatever

It's retarded, written by Bethesda what do you expect
>>
>>339571718
guess ill roll
>>
>NV thread is perfectly fine, barely any Bethesda shitters
>F4 thread is filled to the brim with Obsidian shitters
Obsidiots are the worse fucking people on /v/ at any given time, even thee stupid "i cant run dark souls 3 on my PC" frogposters are better than them
>>
>>339576580
Because they need to be able to blend with human society. If you can't infiltrate with synths, then why have them at all? Just make more durable stronger robots if you want to use them for other tasks.
>>
>>339562825
literally the only good thing from the game
>>
>>339576892
Pretty much it comes down to 'my version of Fallout' vs. 'my version of Fallout' ... totally subjective in the end.
>>
Isn`t Creation Kit out already? Where are my essential "Remove Voice/Start/Story/Child/Spouse" mods?
>>
>>339577058
the thing is, Bethesda fans dont fuckign swarm NV threads, but Obsidian fans swarm F4/3 threads like it just killed their god
>>
>>339577174
thats because there's no bethesda fans
>>
>>339576906
>then why have them at all?

I guess that's my mayor gripe with this, why have them? They already show that they used to hire real people to do jobs, like the cereal man, why not just hire another goon to infiltrate instead of the far harder to make synths?
>>
>>339577174
To be fair, Bethesda killed a good series, even I am mad about it. and usually I can`t give 2 shits about that stuff
>>
>>339577174
That's because hardly any fans of Fo4/modern Bethesda actually frequent /v/.
>>
>>339577174
It really seems like this.

Why they think people getting some fun out of mediocre games devalues NV at all is beyond me.

>>339577367
Actually they kept it alive, but they had to amputate a lot of stuff. But it's still alive in a technical sense.

Real death would have been staying with Interplay.
>>
>>339577367
you guys used killed like it isnt selling, just because they are not catering to your taste dosnt mean its dead.
>>
>>339577174
well yeah, that and they tryhard to be NMA but nobody will touch the levels of grudgemaster that spergsite has achieved.
>>
>>339577471
>NV
>not mediocre
>>
>>339577367
you say its dead, but its the best selling fallout yet, just because it dosnt cater to your tastes dosnt mean that it is dead.
>>
File: death_squad_robits.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
death_squad_robits.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>>339577474
This

Plus, having my own personal robot army is pretty fun.
>>
>>339577235

Because goons can betray you, have emotions, and make mistakes.

Synths can't
>>
File: MR MOTIVATOR.jpg (28 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
MR MOTIVATOR.jpg
28 KB, 630x354
>>339576341
Maybe that'll get their arses into gear and motivated enough to make their next game better.
>>
>>339577471
>>339577474
>>339577626
Alive and crippled to appeal to as much people as possible and to sell millions of copies.

This is hell. I hope you enjoy you future voiced dad protagonist from the next Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>339577859
>crippled
famalama
its doing the best it ever has, stop talking about it like there is anything wrong with the health of the franchise.
>>
>>339577967
It's 'healthy' but brain-dead.
>>
>>339578014
>braindead

>muh roleplaying
why dont you go back some kikestarters so they can make more dead on arrival shitfests like Pillars of Eternity, because thats where fallout would be heading if you fags got your way.
>>
>>339574717
The whole Synth nonsense feels out of place and ridiculous.

Why did they think that Bladerunner would work in a setting where most the population get by on subsistence farming and the biggest existential threat is a bunch of guys armed with machetes led by a balding man with a brain tumour?
>>
>>339578337
Not any more out of place than Big MT scooping out PC's brain, or pretty much a lot of shit in the Fallout universe.
>>
>>339577967
I`m not talking about popularity, not exactly.

I`m talking about how shit of an RPG it has become in search of more sales.
"Muh family muh son" plot, build your village, voiced dialogue, dialogue wheel with no choices, legendary borderlands mobs, power armor galore and other glaring shit that I forgot about.
Fallout is dead, this is just a shell to appeal to sorry normies

>>339578269
New Vegas was perfectly fine game, with freedom expected out of Fallout and RPG. Bethesda threw it all out of the window in search of cash, see above.
And I didn`t like pillars at all.
>>
>>339578467
F1: Find water chip
F2: Find GECK
Fothers: nobody cares
F3: Find Dad
FNV: Find casino chip-shaped microprocessor
F4: Find Son

All of them are pretty simple famalam
>>
>>339576906
But why even fucking bother with Synth infiltration?

House already showed in New Vegas that you can bring whole societies, empires and nations to heel with a charismatic leader backed by an army of robots.
>>
>>339578457
That makes sense in the context though. It was a laboratory in a small, ecluded area with absolutely no morality and ethic. The think tank went fucking insane if they were nromal to begin with, and they make stupid shit for no reason.

Synth though? Why are they making them? They are doing absolutely nothing, but their creators are meant to be sane.
>>
>>339578269
But Fallout 3 and New Vegas were RPGs and they sold really well.
>>
>>339578630
North Korea exists, China exists, US, UK, and every other nation exist, all with their interpretation of how things should be.

Far be it from factions to have their own interpretation of how to run things. For the Institute, building a better humanity through synthetics seems to be their way to do it.
>>
>>339578554
Yes, but F4 took the idea that I cared about "muh son" and often shoved it into dialogues and forced me to pick it in order to progress.
Other games had a "freedom" of how you play your character, here you are just a concerned parent. It is not suited for an open world RPG with create-your-own protagonist
>>
>>339578692
Not sure what's sane about hiring and implanting a super-man cyborg in Kellogg, who goes and does the most ruthless things on behalf of the Institute ...

Or Shaun's own belief that the world above-ground is totally and irreversably fucked, and his faction is the only right answer, via synths and the control of them.
>>
>>339578692
Gen 1 & 2 synths are essentially endless labor - workers and security who don't need to eat or sleep. Totally justified in developing those.

Gen 3 are questionable though - infiltrating the surface IS a worthwhile goal, and given the Institute are pissbabbies afraid of radiation it makes sense.

>>339578848
>create-your-own protagonist
You're not creating your protagonist in Fallout 4, you're customizing the look of the canon one.

I don't know how people saw the initial reveal and didn't realize this.
>>
>>339578848
3 already forced you to care about Liam your pops. They just pushed the idea a little more.
>>
>>339578848
Never gave one shit about any of the Fallout simple plots to date, still won't in the future. They're just party-starters, after the first time you did 'em, it's irrelevant.

Dunno about you but I can RP just fine in F4, F3, FNV, F2, & F1. Haven't had a problem yet.
>>
>>339578934
>You're not creating your protagonist in Fallout 4, you're customizing the look of the canon one.
Ant that`s why it`s shit

>>339578953
Sure, but it wasn`t nearly as bad as trying to care about son. I didn`t mind dad as much, because there was at least some development to his character, here we have a toddler and suppose to care about it because it`s a toddler.

>>339579081
You have more imagination than I do then.
Describe to me your Fallout 4 character if you would?
>>
>>339578934
Because Todd wouldn't shut the fuck up about the possibilities being endless or whatever.

I wouldn't mind Fallout 4 if they didn't actually market it as an RPG.
>>
File: 1460491966248.jpg (393 KB, 1281x1714) Image search: [Google]
1460491966248.jpg
393 KB, 1281x1714
Why won't you let go already /v/? Literally everyone forgot this game already because it's trash, just ignore it and let fallout sleep.
>>
File: 1460796535561.jpg (4 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1460796535561.jpg
4 KB, 242x251
>>339577723
>goons can betray you, have emotions, and make mistakes

>Synths can't

The cereal man did a fine job if you ask me, but even then, didn't the synths showed emotions and maked mistakes? doesn't that defeat the point of making them in the first place?

And if betray is what's bothering you why not just say "There's a bomb inside your head, do as we say and we will pay you, betray us and it will explode, try to remove it and it will explode, you now have artificial eyes and ears, we can see and hear everything you do and we can also give command to you at remote control, also if you have family or friends we will make sure to kill them too if you betray us, there's no escape, now here's what you have to do..."

I mean, i would imagine that making cyber eyes and ears would be still far more easy that program human emotions

Hell, instead of making a robot that looks like a human and has human emotions, why not just make a very small or invisible (Or both) robot that can be anywhere and follow anyone without being detected, you know, a robot that can spy on anyone
>>
Don't know why people shit on this game so much. It's more of an RPG than fucking Witcher 3.
>>
>>339579267
If you have less imagination, then I don't know what to say to that.

FNV: basically you're a blank slate due to lead in the head. Fuck that Lonesome Road nonsense, it's better if you think whatever.

my fav RP is to assume Courier is LW from F3.

F4: you're not obligated to be a good parent. you have minimal info about who you are, from there it's almost a similar blank slate to that of FNV.

fav way to RP as SS is ending up being a spy, just infiltrating every faction at one point or another, then eventually choose whether I want to honor my actual son's life's work, end Synth slavery via the toaster-liberators, fuck shit up with the Minutemen or BoS, depending on how good or crazy I'm playing the PC.

F3: Slithering out of my mum's vagoo so it's also a sort of blank slate beyond the base info of knowing Liam's my dad and my mom died having my PC.

RP as it strikes me, if I wanna be a good guy I go with Elder Lyons, bad guy I go with carrying out Eden's poison plan, and eventually backstab the BoS by nuking the Citadel instead.
>>
>>339579330
>I wouldn't mind Fallout 4 if they didn't actually market it as an RPG.
Maybe that's why I enjoy it - I went in with my eyes open and wasn't surprised when it turned out to be an open world shooter with a few very minor choices.
>>
I liked it more than Witcher 3 because it has actual enemy variety and better combat.
>>
>>339579891
Same here, I don't find the FPS-ish or sandbox nature counter-productive at all to RP.

People make shit out to be like the new dialog options are Press Button to Pay Respects.

Easiest way of avoiding repetitive shit is by never talking to guys like Preston or the BoS radiants, etc.

And really, they should patch Preston at some point (make the mod official) to where you don't get a new radiant by merely speaking with him ... like the other Institute/BoS/RR radiants, it's only if you seek it out, without having to avoid Preston.
>>
>>339579771
>you're not obligated to be a good parent

You still forced to care about son.
I remember that time when I came to Piper`s office and she started asking me questions about vault and stuff.
In the end I was forced to pick one that told her about missing kid and how much I care, because other two options won`t let me advance.
Sure, other fallout games were similar, but at least you cared I assume and that helped immersion or whatever. Here is just blatant dissonance between player and the game, at least in my case.

Can`t wait for mods that will remove all that shit to come out, maybe I can even enjoy it a bit.
>>
>>339580346
That quest is Story of the Century, and it's totally skippable. Just go to Valentine, and I'm pretty sure if you get in after the opening up of Diamond City, you don't have to go back to Piper for jack squat from there.
>>
>>339580683
So they force you to care even in an optional skippable quest? Bravo Bethesda
>>
>>339568835
Caeser imposes his rule on non-legion all the time, in fact thats why he has a legion to begin with, it makes no sense that legion laws wouldn't apply to you

Plus failing a decisive battle might be a bigger deal then losing an important ally but genociding the khans isn't an accident, and caeser kills people left and right whats one mercenary?

Not to mention new cannan which like the player isn't a part of the legion recived punishment, just because rumors about the burning man were going around.

Its illogical caeser would forgive you after you see him the first time, because in all other circumstances he's ruthless and cruel.
>>
>>339580751
What part of "skip" do you not understand?

By interacting with Piper, you get that side quest.

Simply don't interact with her.

Some companions are at odds with others. Like X6-88, that guy will absolutely hate almost anything you don't do for the Institute.

Similar to Boone in the sense that if you're gonna side with Legion or bring him around them you are gonna get a madman going apeshit on everyone.

Piper's a journo busy-body who makes everything her business. The Mayor complains about her, but she's actually good at what she does, given that she correctly suspects that the Mayor's a Synth (which gets her in hot water with DC, hence why they wouldn't open up right away for her when you find her standing at the gate).
>>
>>339581189
Why can`t I simply lie to Piper? I can lie to Boone just fine. In previous games you could lie about your true intentions and stuff. Sometimes telling the truth could really hurt you. Why not here?
Or, I know! It`s because of artificial tension and drama.
Hey you, I bet you like this open world game we made? But you have a son, remember? Care about your son! DAILY REMINDER TO CARE ABOUT SON.
That`s what those dialogue lines (not only with Piper) felt like to me.
>>
>>339571718
righto
>>
>>339581490
That's what they are bro.

The "voiced protagonist" thing is 100% guaranteed to be an order handed down by ZeniMax based on the couple of normie reviews for Fallout 3 that said "This would be better with voice acting."

Some fucking marketing guy there saw IGN and whoever say that and when it came time to make another Fallout he was like "Ok, we'll give you a 20% larger budget but you have to make the main character speak, people like that in games."

It pisses me off to see people heap shit on Bethesda, even working for a shit indie company we get investors telling us to do dumb things because "My kid says Call of Duty is the best."
>>
>>339581490
I wouldn't exactly call this dialog choice in the tree 'caring.'

https://youtu.be/KkgWvSG72gs

On my 1st playthrough, I immediately assumed the kid was long dead, and I was half-right ... he's def dead on the inside.

From there I spent plenty of time not giving a shit, not following the main story, until I got to Kellogg and found out that dude was not only still around, but that the kid's alive and in the Institute hands.

Similar to how I couldn't be bothered at first to give one shit about that stupid chip that almost got me killed in FNV. I did everything else but that for a while.
>>
File: 1348684311_1.png (128 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
1348684311_1.png
128 KB, 700x396
>Meticulously manage all the Settlements there is
>finally realize there is literally no benefit in doing that, aside from a place to hang up found books and bobbleheads
>doesn't unlock any perks or even provide minutemen patrols
>fucking nothing
>>
>>339564801
Does it really? Every save I did Far harbor with were ones that I already completed the main game.
>>
>>339582279
You go far enough in the faction-related quests, you get your choice of flares to summon MMs, artillery grenades to rain down arty shells from MMs, signal grenades for a BoS Vertibird, relay grenades to summon Synth troopers from the Institute.
>>
>>339582013
At 1.43 you are forced to reply that it was son that was kidnapped. And I played the game as if someone pissed in my coffee, because of all that idiotic ruined shit, so I always tried to be a dickhead to people. An I really couldn`t. Quality of side quests aside, there periodically were REMINDER SON moments

I even killed the elder Shaun before he opened his fucking mouth to speak, and game journal was just telling me how it was my son that offered me a place in the institute etc etc. Game just assumes too much.
Oh, and I couldn`t ignore the cyber kid that was sitting in that room, because my character was railroaded into assuming it was missing kid and caring about it, again.

And also, about "just skip it duh". How am I suppose to know what will happen on my first playthrough? And I just wanted to talk to Piper
>>
File: 1410824572863.gif (2 MB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
1410824572863.gif
2 MB, 400x262
>Check FO4 Nexus to see if any neat new mods are in after 6 months or so
>Still the same bunch of mods I already have
>Except that fucking barbie-doll hair selection mod that always sticks out like a sore, shampooed and permed to fuck thumb.
>>
>>339582731
Pretty easy to find out if you got to Preston, after the first couple times you simply walk away from people, they stop talking.

Walking away, I figured that one out pretty fucking quick.

https://youtu.be/vUf99mlpFBk

Dunno about you but I chuckled at the sarcastic responses. Reminded me a lot of the Protagonist dialog in Saints Row series.
>>
>>339573898
BTFO desu, this is the most convincing counter argument I've seen
>>
>>339582906
I`m glad you enjoyed a game that was marketed for the people like you, I really am.
I wish you a good day, I`ll be on my way now.
>>
File: inconceivable!.jpg (28 KB, 380x213) Image search: [Google]
inconceivable!.jpg
28 KB, 380x213
>>339583131
I've enjoyed all the Fallout games, so it must be inconceivable to you that it is the case!
>>
>>339582906
>I chuckled at the sarcastic responses
Don't know dude, I'd normally shit on you for that, but you seem friendly so yeah, whatever floats your boat
>>
>>339583353
I get what you are saying, I too find it hard to shit on people that oblivious
>>
>>339583353
Like I said, I haven't given one shit about any of the main plots in any of the Fallout games. I'm there for the exploration and begrudingly doing whatever Interplay or Bethesda or Obsidian has shoved in my face when I get around to it.

What's the difference between being friendly and not being friendly? You don't like x, I do, neither is wrong.
>>
File: 1379543964998.jpg (52 KB, 550x591) Image search: [Google]
1379543964998.jpg
52 KB, 550x591
YOU GOT TO ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE
>>
>>339583436
what am I missing, because from my end, I think it's pretty obvious that they're all RPable to some extent, with plenty of bullshit and wacky references to pop culture and history littered in each installment.
>>
>>339571718
rolling this shit
>>
>>339562825
Sorry Todd
No porn mods, no play
>>
>>339583306

You did? Fallout 1 and 2, BoS, 3/NV and 4 are very diferent games with diferent gameplay and (arguably) diferent types of stories
>>
>>339584104

see

>>339578554

they rope you into some bullshit quest that you get around to doing eventually
>>
>>339571718
qwe
>>
>>339571718
?
>>
>>339584243
>bullshit quest

Nigga, all ideas are stupid in paper, execution is all that matters, and also that's just a hook, something to drive the story foward, the story doesn't end when you find your dad
>>
Why were they making people robots
>>
best mods?
>>
>>339562825
I FUCK 'EM AND I LEAVE 'EM LIKE A LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>339585045
Because it's 2287 duh
>>
>>339571718
Sure
>>
Is worth it for £12.99 tried it before but didn't like it but need something new to play
>>
>>339586943
I'M A WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER WANDERER
>>
>>339588581
>Fallout 4
>worth money

It's a biased opinion, but, no
>>
>>339567958
Right on. I prefer Fallout games for the exploration and weapons. Story has always been meh, but the exploration and trying out new weapons is always fun in my book. I wish the gunplay was a little more smooth compared to other FPS gameplay, but it's improved a lot compared to FO3. Finally the customization and building of settlements and weapons was fun.
>>
>>339585210
PTRS 41
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.