[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so who will kill Reaper in the Overwatch story? >Reaper tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
so who will kill Reaper in the Overwatch story?

>Reaper tried to ruin Solder 76 and he destroyed Overwatch
>Reaper tried to kill Winston so he could get information to kill every remaining Overwatch Agent
>Reaper killed Pharahs mother and she knows about it apparently
>Reaper fucked over McCree badly and both seem to have a rivalry

I dont think Blizzard can do a redemption story for Reaper..
>>
Ive been out of the loop and havent seen the animated shorts besides the original museum trailer

but i'd love to see a cinematic release of each character's origin story, not so much an interview of them currently like the Meet the Team videos but a 5-8 minute short of how they joined Overwatch.
>>
its going to be an old god. he dindu nuffin
>>
Just build a wall
>>
i dont think blizzard can make a good class shooter
>>
Killed accidentally by Tracer, Han Solo/Boba Fett style.
>>
>killed Pharahs mom

Source? I didn't know that part.
>>
>>339561430
when Pharah kills Reaper, she says "now were even"
>>
to be fair I'd be an edgy faggot after dying to
>>
>>339561430
This, OP is a lying cunt.

No one knows what's going on with Pharah's mom, only thing we know about her is that Pharah doesn't like her and she may or may not be Sombra.
>>
>he thinks there will be a story
>>
>>339561607
she is implied dead in the comic. Plus the other characters talk about her as if she is not living.
>>
>>339560973
>>Reaper fucked over McCree badly
i don't know about that one
he recruited mcree who was probably a criminal from route 66 as part of blackwatch before all of overwatch went kaput, and thinks he's an ingrate and they do talk shit to eachother, but it's nothing really bad
>>
>>339561713
Only to the good guys who worked with her, Sombra could very well be Pharah's mom incognito.
>>
>>339561728
From some banter before a game starts, McCree and Reaper might share some lines that hint at a student/teacher relationship between the two. That's about it.
>>
>multiplayer game
>story
Kind of hard to have story and character motivation when the game revolves around team combat.

Reaper and Widowmaker are considered evil assholes yet they can still be on the same team as the good guys.
>>
>>339562040
reaper says to himself when beginning a match on route 66 that this is where he picked up that ingrate
with mcree having wanted poster sprays, and one of his sprays being named Outlaw, i'm assuming that he was in trouble with the law (possibly a vigilante) and reaper thinks mcree is ungrateful for how reaper bailed him out

besides that reaper obviously taught mcree some things and got him into overwatch, mcree was in that poster of reyes, morris and the others, yes
>>
>>339562203
They kinda could, if they make each attacking and defending teams have different roster. I'm not sure though, although maybe it would be a bit more coherent in the in-game narrative?
>>
>>339560973
he was corrupted by an ancient edgelord that was the true bad guy all along. also he was kings and sheet and didndonuffin
>>
>>339562040
McCree was hired into Blackwatch by Reyes and took on a student/teacher relationship until Reyes/Blackwatch began plotting to overthrow Overwatch. McCree didn't really appreciate that so he left the organization and became a vigilante sort of deal. I guess Reyes/Reaper feels like McCree betrayed him in a way, that the overthrowing of Overwatch would've gone better if McCree had just played his part, hence calling him a "damn ingrate."
>>
>>339562203
>>339562478
Blizzard said the multiplayer battles in the game are not canon.
They exist only for the game's sake.
Blizzard merely uses the characters and locations of a larger narrative to place the game in.
>>
>>339563869
I get it, just kinda jarring, you know?
It's like they want to do something else but since they're game developers they have to make a game about it. Like the game is just there. Wasteful, in my opinion
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.