[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3077 432/components-graphics/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3077432/components-graphics/polaris-confirmed-amds-200-radeon-card-will-bring-high-end-graphics-to-the-masses.html

>AMD announced that the Radeon RX 480 will be the first graphics card based on its forthcoming Polaris graphics processors. The Radeon RX 480 stands ready to deliver performance equivalent to what today's $500 graphics cards offer. That’s roughly in line with the GeForce GTX 980TI, or air-cooled Radeon Fury.

>The thought of a $200 Radeon with performance comparable to a Fury is mighty tantalizing, and the price gulf between this new card and the $380 GTX 1070 is more of a chasm.

Remember when /v/ said AMD was done?

Shame that this place is infested with Nvidia shills....
>>
Sure but the 1070 is still better.
>>
>>339556474
At what price? doubt it will be anywhere near 200

that said i think op is too wishfull for it to be 200$
>>
>>339556148
I'm genuinely curious, Anon. Is it really what it's cracked up to be? I've heard cases of AMD propping up the states of their products before, like the number of cores, and then when looked into in detail, the performance was nowhere near what was advertised.

Sorry if my question is really dumb, but I've been out of the loop of gfx cards for quite a long time. Though if AMD is going to shit on Nvidia by offering similar performance for $300, that makes me quite happy.
>>
>>339557391
>>339556637
Well it IS 200$ , i will have to keep a look at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqCo0LTUhsE
>>
Wait and see what linus says
>>
>go with AMD they said
>it will be fine they said
>the 480 wil blow nvidia out of the water they said

Fuck all of you now im stuck with this piece of shit ;-;
>>
>>339557685
This. Then do the opposite.
>>
>>339556474
not vs 480x2
>>
>>339557805

What are you talking about?

First of all, this is just a 480, the 80 line is their lower tier gaming entry line. For $200, we're looking at possibly 980 performance which is amazing as far as price to performance is concerned.

If we're getting that kind of performance at $200, then a 490 that's priced similarly to a 1070 will blow it the fuck out.
>>
>>339557805
>nvidia humour
>>
>>339558718
I do wonder if jewnvidia will then make devs shit on the 480 with bad drivers so it looks that it just performs a little better than a 960.

Two of them at $500 just BTFO the 1080, whoever paid for the founders edition of that shit must be on suicide watch.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.