[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is superior?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: fdgfds.jpg (66 KB, 614x650) Image search: [Google]
fdgfds.jpg
66 KB, 614x650
Which is superior?
>>
>>339530484
is ToS even out yet or what
>>
They both have horrid balance issues and were handled fairly poorly in general

Trans era RO was probably the best iteration.
>>
>>339530608
It is, it just sucks
>>
File: Untitled.png (986 KB, 963x543) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
986 KB, 963x543
>>339530608
yeah. Apparently they are limiting access by new players right now though, so you couldn't try it out even if you wanted to.
>>
>>339530608
It launched with retarded rules like you couldn't trade or use the ah and shit without paying.

Then they lifted those but they are still heavy, and someone who uses the AH as a paying member vs non paying will make like 30% more off the sale based on the "tax" on the item.

In otherwords, they didn't really want a f2p game, and if they don't want to make easy money to me selling NOTHING BUT COSMETICS, then they can fuck right off and i'll continue supporting GOOD f2p games, ala paragon or path of exile.
>>
ToS is good but not at the same level of ragnarok

but in the other hand ragnarok really feels boring and old now
>>
File: dennis.png (331 KB, 416x408) Image search: [Google]
dennis.png
331 KB, 416x408
>>339530885
>>339530880
Well that's disappointing
>>
>>339530942
Most people pretend that renewal doesn't exist, so it effectively hasn't had any content for the last few years.

It's also been metagamed to death at this point. It's going to get old eventually.
>>
I have no experience in the "Asian F2P isometric MMO" genre, if you can call it that. Are these the prime examples? What should I know if I want to try Ragnarok? I have no problem with old/clunky games, as long as the art and music is good, and the world is vast.
>>
>>339531067

the renewal idea was good but.. they remove the fun with their shitty balances and boring skills

for example rune knight only use dragon breath all the fucking game what a shitty boring skill for a knight and the super novice expanded jesus christ why not to give that class all the second jobs skills or something more fun than his shitty skills
>>
Ragnarok is better because the classes and enemies are much more diverse.
In Tree of Savior all monsters are aggressive if they spawn in on you or if you're inside a "dungeon". They move at the same exact speed if they're as small as an insect or as large as a house. The only real difference is that archers/casters deal unavoidable damage and melee enemies will never ever hit you.
Ragnarok had enemies that would only go after spellcasters, enemies that ran around collecting treasure, enemies who would gang up against you, ambush you with invisibility, fast/slow/immobile enemies, monsters who would run from battle, and in all sorts of combinations. You'd have a bunch of enemies with different personalities on the same map which kept things super interesting like running from mantis while fire walling mi-gaos or getting killed by ninetails while hunting greater generals way under level.
>>
File: 3210.jpg (29 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
3210.jpg
29 KB, 500x420
>mfw i used to defend renewal
>mfw now i understand why renewal kill ro
>>
>>339530885
Don't forget no PVP arena, broken skills, class imbalances, lag, awful dlc prices, awful 'beginner/veteran' pack items, etc. Swordsman tree sucks compared to the other three. They get ass raped by magic, especially at high levels, are only wanted in parties if they're pelt c1 for the aggro skill, take massive amounts of equipment damage since we have to actually be in melee range to fight, take massive damage in general unlike the rest that can stay at a distance, do shit damage compared to other classes who can kill with 1-2skills VS a swordsman's 5 skills needed to kill something, and more.
>>
>>339530484
One is actual MMO with a huge world and ginormous maps to explore with the perfect soundtrack selected for each zone. The other is a corridor simulator with passable music, but note quite as bumpin as RO
>>
I miss my RO buddies...

Fuck
>>
>>339533117
This, also for a sadly poor implemented quest system, RO nailed location and lore building for classes and story situations. The fact as a nub you would travel to a distant land just to start up your class quest was great.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.