[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh modding tools As if you plebs would ever make anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 329x153
>muh modding tools

As if you plebs would ever make anything of note. Mods work for original doom because of its simplicity anyone can run doom builder and make a map. You fags cried for the rage source code and surprise surprise no mods, not even any notable mods for doom 3. Give up hope on mod tools for an engine beyond all your capabilities and ask for better snapmap support like out door areas. Games are too complex and thats why we will never see a good total conversion like in old school doom. Even elder scrolls mods are just shit tier autistic crap.
>>
You're saying this as if people actually even cared about Snapmap and didn't quickly moved to the old Doom back.
>>
Who are you quoting
>>
>>339528218
They were never going to mod new doom anyway people use old school doom because its easy to use. Duke nukems build engine has way more features and is open source but much more complex than doom so it only has a few mods of note.

>>339528264
All the cunts who whine you cant mod it
>>
>>339528652
Well, good job expressing your very important point in a board that represents a small fraction of the audience
>>
>what is sikkmod
>what is The Dark Mod
>what is the episode 1 remake

You might want to get off your ass once in a while to look for some actual Doom 3 mods. There's quite a few maps there.
>>
>>339528838
I just wanted to point out the modbabbies got the rage source and dis fuck all with it
>>
>>339528932
And they are all shit that cant even compete with your averge 90s doom wad like ghostbusters doom
>>
>>339529146
Oh, thanks for confirming this was a bait thread. Please kill yourself immediately. Care to explain why they're shit?
>>
>>339529015
Thats because no one gave a fuck about rage in the first place.

More top tier modders aren't going to work on shit tier games.
>>
>Implying my lack of skills to make mods means I wouldn't want to play them

Other, more creative, people make awesome shit with mods
>>
>>339529280
Its not the game that matters its the engine you must be too used to shit tier aesthetic mods for elder scrolls which has lowered your expetations. Rage being mediocre is irrelevant its idtech 5 that mattered and you squandered it
>>
>>339529876
The point im making is these engines are too advanced for you retards to do nything with
>>
>>339530104
>>339529256 here, still want to explain how those mods are shit?
>>
>>339531348
Well they arent really but they arent on the level of pirate doom or action doom 2 and I dont think anyone could make mods on those levels with modern engines. Like it took some autist months to make a link model in unreal 4 just too much detail in modern engines to have a small mod team be successful
>>
>>339529980
>>339530104
idtech literally adds nothing new to the table except MEGATEXTURES which look like shit anyway.
You're better off using Source 2 to make arcade shit.
>>
>>339532227
Source is pretty fucking ugly too
>>
>>339532670
But works better and doesn't require a real artist like idtech5, not to mention the memory usage of high-def MEGATEXTURES.
>>
>>339533019
I honestly hope for a day when we can get a mod like natural selection looking way better than it had any business to be on what is a souped up quake engine
>>
>>339527613
>>339531965
Are you a desperate Doom modder trying to keep the community from dying? Don't worry, it's lasted this long I think it'll be fine.

I hate to break it to you, but people have been modding newer games for a while now. Nothing is going to stop people from modding D44M once the tools become available. The only reason they wouldn't is lack of interest, which is probably why nobody did for Rage because that game was shit anyway.

And people have made plenty of mods of note for things other than Doom. Source mods in general come to mind. There's a ton of fan made stuff in Gmod and TF2, and Counter Strike was originally a fan mod I believe.

I can't vouch for any ES mods that aren't from 3 because I never bothered looking into for the other two, but there are a good bit of mods that add areas and content albeit with fanfic tier stories sometimes but there's no way you could defend every Doom wad. A ton of early ones were made with that program that made the random levels put together as real wads, and many tend to get boring since you basically just kill all the enemies, then search for an hour to find that one switch you missed then get the keycards.

There are some excellent wads though, but it's not like doom is the only game to ever have good mods.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.