[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
History of PS+ Exclusive Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: ninteddno.jpg (40 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
ninteddno.jpg
40 KB, 350x200
So, I've been an XBL subscriber and got a million "free" Xbox 360 and Xbox One games. Most of them are either crap, old, or multi-platform games. Not too impressed.

What's been your experience with PS+? What are some good exlusive or then-exclusive games that've been part of PS+ for the PS3/PS4/Vita.

Did I miss-out on any really good games that were worth playing?
>>
>>339518856
i remember one time they gifted red dead redemption.
>>
>>339518856
>or multi-platform games
If you haven't played them then what does that matter?
>>
This month's games suck fucking dick
It used to be good while it was new and they actually had games to give out, but now those good months are few and far between
>>
>>339518856

You mostly missed out back when it was purely a sub for games on the PS3. Now that PS+ is required for PS4 online the games they give out have been fucking awful. You'll get maybe one decent game every two months, and when I say "decent" I mean "You might play through to the end".

You'll mostly get shit that won't sell on its own or day one release indie trash. The Rocket League style of release is once in a blue moon. The subscription has gotten noticeably shitter as the years have gone on.

I say this as someone who received their "gift" for being subbed from day 1. You didn't miss out on a fucking thing. Anything worthwhile is now cheap as dirt.
>>
File: 1456366324795.png (808 KB, 1080x1059) Image search: [Google]
1456366324795.png
808 KB, 1080x1059
>>339518856

yes
like two years ago
the exact instant the ps4 came out, psn became far worse

I mean, this was clearly going to happen, and it's why I don't own a "next-gen" console lol
>>
>>339519415
I want to suck my consoles dry, Anon. So that I can say I've played all there is worth playing, and then not feel bad if I have to throw them in the trash or sell them one day.

If I get a multi-platform game from XBL or PS+, I'm usually not that excited because I'll always be able to play it later on Steam, or buy it for cheap-o during a Steam sale.
>>
>>339518856
Nothing useful or fun. Literally pixel indy games every month that rely on memes or being "artistic" to make up the lack of solid controls and fun.

The only game I missed out on was ground zeroes.
>>
>>339518856
BOY I SURE HOPE DJMAX 3 AND PERSONA 2 ARE ON SALE AGAIN FOR A WHOPPING 50% OFF
>>
>>339519882
Not talking about PS+ discounts, Anon, just PS+ "free" games.

Tell me about the discounts, though. Are they ever any good compared to non-PS+ discounts?
>>
>>339518856
It's literally an indie games subscription
>>
>>339520120
>>339520120
I'm aware. I've heard it's been pretty bad lately. But did it *used* to be any good? 'Cause that's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>339520029
>Tell me about the discounts, though. Are they ever any good compared to non-PS+ discounts?

Ok, yeah that actually IS noteworthy. The free games are trash now but PS+ gets exclusive flash sales sometimes and the discounts are BIG. Like 75-90% off big, and for actual decent games, too, for people who sit on the fence or just like to wait to buy shit on sale. Plus anytime there's a sale, the PS+ users always get additional discounts of at least another 10% (which is what PS+ originally was before the free games thing)
>>
>>339520242

> But did it *used* to be any good?

It was acceptable. You mostly got decent stuff. Anything you missed out on you could buy for pennies now

It was mostly games you wouldn't buy yourself but were all right to be getting for the sub. A lot of the AAA games released were old as shit by the time they hit PS+
>>
>>339520529

>Ok, yeah that actually IS noteworthy

Thats dependant on region. You live in the EU? Get fucked. No decent discounts for you, fuck all sales, no flash sales.
>>
>>339518856
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PlayStation_Plus_vs._Games_with_Gold_Comparison

when you compare the prices PS+ gives out more but here's the gimmick. if you only have a PS4 not all those games are for the PS4. all gold games can be played on the xbox one but the PS+ are divided between the other sony platforms.

for June Xbox One offers Goat Sim, The Crew, Meat Boy, and Xcom.

the PS4 offers Gone Home and NBA2K16.

Xbox will consistently give out 4 games PS4 will vary between decent game to it's indie trash with no mind to the consumer.
>>
File: linksquare.jpg (29 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
linksquare.jpg
29 KB, 699x699
Before and very briefly after the PS4 came out the games on it were great. You'd get stuff like Dishonored, Yakuza 4, Arkham Asylum/City, Dragon's Crown, Dragon's Dogma, Uncharted 3, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders, Demon's Souls, Vanquish, Deus Ex HR, Saint's Row 3, lots of big AAA games, and usually in a pretty timely fashion. Bioshock Infinite not that that's a good game was on it in January 2014, less than a year after its original release. It was an actual benefit to have Plus at that time, just because of the sheer quantity and quality of games you could get for "free".

Then the PS4 came out and became the best-selling of the current gen consoles, Plus became a requirement for online play, and Sony realized they didn't need to have great games on their free monthly lineup because people were subbing to Plus regardless of them. Since then it's been month after month of indie games
>>
File: tumblr_n6o8j0Hdn01rby04wo1_400.gif (357 KB, 312x181) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6o8j0Hdn01rby04wo1_400.gif
357 KB, 312x181
Of course they stopped giving away actually good games when the service became mandatory, now that everybody is required to have PSN+ everybody gets shit games lol

I remember before the PS4 came out I actually got some nice games that I couldn't even manage to beat
>>
>>339520242
It used to be great. From about a year after it began the PS3 games started getting better and better. It was pretty fantastic on the Vita too, pretty much every decent Vita game has been on PS+.

When the PS4 released I presumed it would take a while to get going due to the small library, 3 years later and there's not even been a handful of retail games on the service. It's been a massive disappointment.
>>
>>339520746
Thanks Anon!

>>339520751
>being lazy with PS+ games cuz paying is mandatory

I never even thought of that before. Fuck. Thanks Anon.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.