[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Overwatch the new Street Fighter? Haven't seen this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Overwatch-Art.jpg (3 MB, 3241x2076) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch-Art.jpg
3 MB, 3241x2076
Is Overwatch the new Street Fighter?

Haven't seen this much hype for a game in 20 years
>>
>>339508072
Is the hype legit though? It feels like a lot of artificial marketing to me. But I'll be the first to admit I haven't had my head in the gaming scene for a few months now.
>>
>>339508072
It's 85% marketing threads
>>
>>339508449
no
it is fun, but it is not a game you can play for 4 hours straight because you would burn out on it after 3 days

kind of funny that a MP game has less replayability than any RPGs that came out 15 years ago
>>
>>339508072
Only if Overwatch gets dropped after 2 weeks.
>>
Barely anyone is left playing it. The sad part is that the marketers are still here making threads. Give it 2 weeks and this game will be about as big as The Division
>>
I'm really not seeing or feeling this "hype". Its gotten a bunch of art, so what? You don't need a good game to get a shitload of fan art of it made.

Its not any different than the usual build-up Blizzard products get, because there's a massive marketing force behind it, and because there's still a stupidly large number of mindless fans despite their several years of mediocrity.

I really get the feeling its popularity is going to tank once the honeymoon period is over unless Blizzard puts out a whole fuckload of information on future updates and content additions they intend to make.
>>
>>339510418

I wouldn't say "barely anyone" is playing it. I still get queues within about 10-20 seconds. I just don't think its retention rate is going to be very good.

But shit, ActiBlizz doesn't care, they got their copies sold, and they're milking the idiots left with loot crates. Every single person could stop playing it tomorrow and it'd probably still be a wild success.
>>
>>339508072
Are there any scans of the artbook yet?
>>
>>339508072
The sad part is nobody notices that Overwatch is effective Monday Night Combat, but with a shiny Blizzard tag
>>
>>339511527
Battleborn was MNC, Overwatch is much more TF2.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.