[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a video game ever inspired your real life, /v/? The plethora
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: Chris and Jill.png (239 KB, 709x591) Image search: [Google]
Chris and Jill.png
239 KB, 709x591
Has a video game ever inspired your real life, /v/?

The plethora of hunky guys in Resident Evil inspired me to start working out, Beyond Good and Evil made me travel to more places and take more photographs.
>>
Call of Duty made me join the military

I regret nothing
>>
I ran for a while after playing Mirrors Edge too but that got old fast
>>
I listened to "Eclipse of Time" from Lost Odyssey a long time ago and that kinda inspired me to start investing in a harp.

I can already play the piano (Have been for about seven years.) so I'm confident I can learn how to play and eventually master a harp.
>>
>>339508487
Rebel Galaxy made me wish I could play swamp music
>>
File: dPCPUSy.jpg (102 KB, 729x713) Image search: [Google]
dPCPUSy.jpg
102 KB, 729x713
>>339506969
Have you encountered any boulders that need punching yet?
>>
>Chris works out
>He becomes huge

>Jill works out
>She turns blonde

Seriously need more /fit/ women in my vidya.
>>
Diablo 2 made me realize that heaven isn't a paradise, just another authority with self-interest and spurred me to start burning down churches, I hate my parents.
>>
File: the power of test.gif (5 KB, 347x480) Image search: [Google]
the power of test.gif
5 KB, 347x480
>>339506969
Chris in V is literally steroid tier
>>
>>339508816
No but it actually turned me from a skinny weak underemployed shut-in into a pretty successful soldier
>>
>>339508816
but there are no boulder-punching in Revelations 2.

I think Barry punches something, but I don't remember what it was. From the files he hit the gym because he was jelly of Chris
>>
>>339506969
On that thumbnail Jill looks like she has a dick.
Fucking /v/ corrupted my innocent soul.
>>
>>339508783

Swamp music? You mean like jaw harps and banjos? I've always thought those seemed fun to play.
>>
Playing paladins and warriors helped me develop a sense of honor that i had been lacking for may of my life
>>
>>339509271
That's good. On a serious note, how does revelations 2 hold up. I enjoyed revelations 1 but I hear mixed things about 2.
>>
Evaded three police cars and a few officers on foot back in high school once. Thanks metal gear solid.
>>
File: 9780241951644.jpg (671 KB, 1310x2138) Image search: [Google]
9780241951644.jpg
671 KB, 1310x2138
>>339506969
Silent Hill inspired me to look the tv-series, books and movies that inspired it and in turn that lead me into an interest for books and writing.

I mean, a lot of other factors lead me there too ofc, but it helped.
Fun fact, Harry and Cheryl were first supposed to be called Humphry and Dolores after Nabokovs novel about a pedophile has the hots for a 12-year-old. Would've been a weird game or at least reference if they kept those names...
>>
Well, I read this in the news quite a while back, but two guys got really inspired by Doom and Quake
>>
>>339509615
I liked it more than Rev 1.
Differences
- Rev 2 has Dodge button instead of dodge prompt
- You actually have real inventories in Rev 2. combining and micro-managing and stuff
- I would probably say Rev 1 has better boss battles, Norman is just great
- The partner system in Rev 2 slows the game down a bit, which I think is good because I like that pace. Also fun if you can find a friend to play with you in the sofa.
- I think the enemies in Barrys campaign has a creepier design than anything in Rev 1
- Rev 2 has stealth, which helps the atmosphere imo
>>
>>339509330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Bitn3-8UE
>>
File: 1463964995764.gif (263 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1463964995764.gif
263 KB, 480x479
>>339509993
>>
life is strange made me understand how photography was deeper than aesthetic
I also want to try parkour because of mirror's edge but I don't even know where to start
>>
>>339509330
They very much are, get one. Learn to play the shit out of it.
>>
>>339511420
Life is Strange got me into kinda folky indie music
>>
>>339511420
I grew up in skateparks and stuff, but you likely didn't have the luxury. Don't go there now, you'll just be out of place, getting in everyone's way. Gymnastics, first. Be prepared to brutalize your body.
>>
>>339507526
You get to frag some charlies?
>>
>The Longest Journey Dreamfall

You'll always be betrayed in the end.
>>
File: 1460145541892.jpg (68 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1460145541892.jpg
68 KB, 530x600
Mass Effect 3 taught me to never trust anyone and that the things you love will eventually be raped before your eyes.
I know how Guts feels now
>>
>>339512481
Probably the first game series I saw truly turn against me.

Remember being excited for Bioware games?
>>
Persona 3 inspired me to go back to highschool. I didn't enrole or anything i just sneak into for a day or two
>>
>>339507526
You get to tag a tango?
>>
>>339511801
>I grew up in skateparks and stuff, but you likely didn't have the luxury.
nearest stuff that resembles a skatepark is 30min of car from home and there are only skaters there
I will check for other similar places tho, thanks for the suggestion
>brutalize your body
meaning do a lot of excercise to build mass, elasticity and whatnot, or be prepared to get hurt from falls and similar?
>>
>>339513548
Probably both
>>
>>339509130
Gotta punch those boulders
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.