[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demons Souls World Order?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
What's the best approach for someone's first time playing DeS on a melee build? I've played all the other soulsborne games but it's less forgiving in the sense I don't just get to replenish estus each time I die. I cleared phalanx no problem and am on 2-1 now just wondering if I should have accessed one of the other areas before going here.
>>
>>339503467
if you die, press the middle button on the ps3 and close the game (or turn of ps3, can't remember), congratulations the game is now easy.

Also google Blueblood Sword its the greatest weapon in the game.
>>
5-1 and 3-1 are pretty easy, start with those if you're having trouble with the others.
>>
>>339503467
There is no real best approach, because some characters have an easier time in some areas than others. Though you can do 2-1, then 3-1 etc. so you know what those worlds are about.
>>
>>339503701
What is this supposed to even do? Respawn me with my souls? Not really having an issue losing souls just limited health items and shit.

>>339503815
Thanks if I start having more trouble I'll switch to one of those. This is the third time or so I've started DeS. I think I got stuck on the spider before in my previous attempts but I don't remember where it is. I feel like I'm doing a lot better this time however so I can probably take out the spider if it's soon.
>>
>>339504772
Spider in the mines.
>>
>>339503467
2-1 and 1-2 are both optimal for your point.

After that it gets a bit tricky, as 1-3 is locked until you kill an Arch Demon and 2-2, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1 are all fairly difficult and it really depends on what type of weapons you are using and what items you want (obviously first playthrough you don't know any of that).

Clear 2-1 (remember perice damage) and 1-2 for acsess to upgrade materials and easy Grass Farm. Then try out all the other levels and see which seems the best.

2-2 is long, hard and annoying with a bitch of a boss (especially for melee). But it has a lot of good stuff in it. Everything is weak to magic and pierce attacks but nearly immune to anything else.

3-1 is hard, but once you learn the layout and how to deal with enemies it's not that bad.

4-1 will make you quit the game unless you blunt damage, then it's a cakewalk. Also houses an incredibly OP weapon, but I suggest not getting it, it'll ruin your build and just cheese through the game.

5-1 is not too bad, except Plauge Rats will fuck you up and a surprise giant Depraved one. Poison cures are found elsewhere, so I usually come here later.
>>
>>339505753
Nice thanks for the tips. I thought I had already finished world 1 but I guess there is more. I actually just made it to the spider boss in 2-1 but now nervous cause I remember getting stuck here before and a message here says beginners should come back later.

I do remember killing that huge black knight you have to make fall down before I quit playing in the past and I haven't come across that yet so I'm guessing that's 1-2. I may go there first so I can upgrade more before this spider bitch.
>>
>>339504772

Quitting the game before the death animation finishes means that the death is cancelled, and you just respawn without the death having occurred.
>>
Why would you even limit yourself like that, just use a bow if you need to
>>
1-1
1-2
2-1
2-2
2-3
And so on. Just leave 5 for last.
>>
The areas are most likely meant to be encountered 1 at a time, instead of marathoning 1 zone and going to the next. Of course, there are some exceptions. You'll probably want to make more progress on the level which has the consumable and upgrade stone of your choice, and 2-2 and 4-2 in particular have good weapons that can carry you throughout the game.
>>
Leave 4-2 and 5-2 for later, but don't do them back to back. They are undeniably some of the most poorly designed areas From has thrown together, and they will frustrate the fuck out of you. Other than that, love this game though.
>>
>>339507641
4-2 is a piece of cake if you have the thief ring whic you easily get on 1-1.
>>
>>339508049
>those grim reapers
>that narrow, linear progression with no shortcuts
yeah fuck that
>>
>>339509010
Shoot them with a bow.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.