[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hasn't even been out for a month now >people have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: doom-frontcover.jpg (81 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
doom-frontcover.jpg
81 KB, 351x500
>Hasn't even been out for a month now
>people have already stopped playing it
>people blame the multiplayer
>Dark souls 3 came out 2 months ago
>still going strong

Either everyone shilling this game was a bot or a buyer's remorse faggot.

Daily reminder to never buy jew games.
>>
>>339483212
B-but KotakuĀ® told me we were entering a first person shooter renaissance!
>>
I'm a console pleb, but I played the multiplayer last night and matches came pretty quickly.
>>
>playing doom for the multiplayer

Why
>>
Single player is amazing. Multi is trash but snapmap with mates is great.
>>
>>339483212

Dark Souls 3 didn't feel strong to me.
I have no urge to replay it, which is ironic because I actually beat Bloodborne multiple times. I'll give it another go when the DLC hits, though.

Must have something to do with the staggered release
>>
What did you expect?
Without piracy you are left with shills and people who already paid full price for the product. You will never get an honest opinion like that.
>>
the multiplayer is actually better than the single player and its getting a bit of a bad shake. it could be alright with some changes

there just isnt much to say about this game. it is laughable though how they sold a season pass for multiplayer dlc so now they have to make multiplayer dlc that nobody is gonna play. shit is gonna be SOOOO low quality
>>
>>339483212
Not all games are going to have the same amount of discussion.

You compare Doom to dark souls when ones a 40 hour rpg with tons of gear and content to a what 9 hour at most fps campaign.

There simply is not enough of Doom to prompt as much discussion, it doesn't mean it's a bad game its just a completely different kind of game.
>>
>>339483731
>There simply is not enough of Doom

That's exactly the point.
>>
>>339483212
>Dark Souls 3
>going strong
It's numbers plummeted faster than any Dark Souls before it.
>>
>>339484048
no, the point is ceaseless immature whining

really what the fuck is there to talk about. its a single player oldschool type fps.

>>339484149
they started out multiples higher too
>>
>>339484048
It's still an amazing campaign. I already replayed it twice there really isn't anything left to talk about.

You still see an occasional thread about the story for some dumb reason.

Also Dark Souls 3 doesn't have multiplayer? Are you retarded?
>>
>>339484228
>It's still an amazing campaign. I already replayed it twice

man i dunno how you guys are choking it down

theres just 0 fun to the single player to me. it just doesnt hit the right spot.

it doesnt feel anything like the old id games whatsoever, feels a lot like painkiller the way painkiller did those mini arenas, and i really dislike that

another complaint is that the game is actually too detailed, it makes my eyes irritated to play it and no other game does this, its not the detail but the fact that things don't stand out from one another enough
>>
Multiplayer seriously lacks CTF and fucking FFA DM.

Snapmap with 4 people is a joke for those modes.
>>
>>339484212
>Forced glory kills
>Same Single player length as the Order 1886
>Hand holding tutorials and highlights everywhere
>Cancerous arrow to the knee joke
>Perks
>Shitty ending

You have low standards. That's totally okay. I don't mind that you have low standards. I have highers standards than you and I'm pointing them out.
>>
>>339484754
upset you couldn't pirate it anon?
>>
>>339484754
>green text
>green text
>green text

blah blah blah. typical /v/ post: the post
>>
>>339484754
Delete this
>>
>>339484832
I don't pirate games. Sorry.
>>
>>339484754
so he asked what there is to talk about and you say a bunch of negative shit? so you want to just talk about the same few negative things over and over about a game you dont wnat to play?

why would you do that?
>>
>>339485030
The game would have easily been great with a few minor changes.
>>
>>339485121
no it wouldn't have. changing those things you're bitching about like a teen faggot wouldn't address the core gameplay shortcomings whatsoever

youre just bitching about faggot shit because thats what you do
>>
>>339484754
>Forced glory kills
For fuck's sake, people are still on about this? The kill only last for a fucking second and if you do this while being attacked by demons, you're basically screwed. It's actually a pretty good mechanic. Sadly, /v/ constantly passes this off as "edgy xDD"
>Same Single player length as the Order 1886
This is a flat out lie.
>Hand holding tutorials and highlights everywhere
Uh...Ignore them? They're only in the first few levels anyway. There's not that much handholding either.
>An easter egg ruins the game
>Perks
>multiplayer
>Shitty ending
Like the original DOOM?

>>339484832
>>339484853
>>339484883
You guys could've at least try to debunk his comment.
>>
>>339485448
You need to calm down and realize that I'm right.
>>
>>339486192
>edgy xDD
You really convinced me with that stunning argument you got there.
>>
Dark Souls 3 had good multiplayer. Granted the PvP is kinda shit, but the co-op is really good.

D44M's multiplayer is outright shit, of course nobody wants to play it.
>>
File: 1415891257644.gif (171 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1415891257644.gif
171 KB, 375x375
>>339483212
>DS3 came out 2 months ago
>barely anyone playing
>Bloodborne came out over a year ago
>still going strong

Dark Souls faggots on suicide watch.
>>
>>339486192
>because taking you out of gameplay for 2 seconds every 10 seconds its not annoying at all
>>
Its a fucking fps you dont play it for as many hours as your autistic weeaboo games. Fuck we had you fags in the 90s too proclaiming final fantasy is the best because muh hours.
>>
File: 1464268969805.jpg (24 KB, 453x470) Image search: [Google]
1464268969805.jpg
24 KB, 453x470
>>339486343
What about the whole sentence I wrote before that?
>>
>>339486521
1 second
>>
>>339484538
this image makes not since, human dicks don't have bone
>>
I was playing Multi last night just fine. Honestly the multiplayer would be God Tier with just a few tweaks. And if there were dedicated servers with a server browser? GOTYAY. I really wish they'd do that for PC.
>>
File: 1464373656445.jpg (20 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1464373656445.jpg
20 KB, 380x380
Souls games have historically always had strong multiplayer communities.

Single player focused FPS games with added on multiplayer have always had short lived communities, going as far back as the late 90's. It's an uninterrupted pattern.

Not sure what you're trying to point out OP. Or why in God's name you would be surprised by the community dying off already. It's common shit that's been happening for years to identical games.

I guess you must be underaged.
>>
>>339486519
If that is infact true they'd be the same persons.
I promise you 99% of DS3 owners with a PS4 have Bloodborne.
>>
>>339483212
>the lifespan of a AAA game has been reduced to only several months

Only Paradox can save us.
>>
>>339483212
>trusting reviews from casuals, nostalgiafags, or people that suck at games.
>>
It was great though. I played through it and enjoyed it. I'll definitely play through it again at some point but it's time to move on.
>>
>>339487021
>what is counter strike

Are you too little?
>>
>>339487979
Reread my post amigo. Counter strike is not a single player focused game with multiplayer tacked on out of obligation.

Counter strike is a full blown multiplayer game.
>>
>>339483212
>buy game for the single player
>finish it
>"why did everyone stop playing?!"

Why does the average life time of a game have to be at least half a year now?
>>
>>339483212
>forgot dark souls 3 even existed
>keep thinking I should rent or buy doom
fuck the souls games,they're all rehashed.
>>
>>339484832
threads about denuvo games are so fucking salty that I am almost sure everyone who actually has the game is busy playing while only the assmad piratefags are left
>>
>>339483212

>Multiplayer is all that matters.

I can't wait for summer to be over already.

How are people born with such shit opinions. Doom's SP campaign is great, up there with Wolfenstein: TNO as one of the best SP shooter campaigns in the past 5 or so years.

Everyone knows the MP is shit, it wasn't even made by iD. Go play overwatch or something if you want MP only.
>>
>>339488334
You had the autistics doing this in the 90s too with muh final fantasy
>>
I bought it for 50 weedbucks and enjoyed it. Got 8 hours out of the single player and the multiplayer is alright, so I'll get a few more out of it before I go back to The Witcher 3.
>>
>>339483212
I play often DaS III, never cared about online.

I am going to play Doom today, and I won't give a shit about online.
>>
>>339488663
>le summer meme amirite guys
>>
Nope, still playing it and don't see myself stopping any time soon. Can't get enough, whether it's replaying the campaign, pwning on MP or checking out the sick SnapMap creations. It's just not your type of game, OP, and every other salty weeb in here.
>>
>>339483212
People ever gave a shit about its singleplayer.
Snapmap turned out to be shit, and multiplayer was known to be shit thanks to the beta.
>>
>>339488663
the single player is 7-10 hours long
and not being able to skip any custscenes makes replaying it kinda shitty
>inb4 3 cutscenes guy
there are more than 3 cutscenes in the very first area
>>
>>339489748
Yeah, only if you count monster introductions as cutscenes, otherwise, no.
>>
>>339483212
one is an fps and one is an rpg....
>>
>>339488334
Why does the average life time of a game have to be at most 10 hours now?
>>
>>339486767
it is a joke about chris chan breaking his dick new friend
>>
Why would I even bother with this trash when there are hundreds of great maps for doom 1 and 2 and dozens of great gameplay mods for them as well? All of which are better made and more fun than this shit.
>>
>>339490024
Because it's nice to play DOOM gameplay in a slick, beautiful engine that runs smoothly with extremely polished features and gameplay systems. Even the fucking UI is a pleasure to use. It plays like a dream.
>>
>>339484754
>actual problem
>subjective problem that's probably exaggerated so you can get as many (you)'s as possible
>subjective problem
>fucking end yourself you crybaby bitch
>upgrade system is now considered a perk system
>babby can't handle a blatant sequel setup
>>
>>339486192
Do Demons actually attack while you're doing glory kills? I'm on ultra-violence and it seems like they stop and wait for you to finish.
>>
Makes sense. What would there bo to talk about in a shooter once everything about the story has already been discussed?
>>
>>339490024
Because it's fun
>>
>playing Doom for multiplayer

Are you fucking retarded OP
>>
>>339490986
>When Doom came out, complaints soon started from internet node managers about excess load on their servers caused by Doom inter-player communication packages, and to some server managers' antivirus software was added an "Antidoom" package that blocked Doom-related packages and sent a Doom "end this game" code to any Doom players detected.

>Romero commented on the birth of the FPS deathmatch:

"Sure, it was fun to shoot monsters, but ultimately these were soulless creatures controlled by a computer. Now gamers could play against spontaneous human beingsā€”opponents who could think and strategize and scream. We can kill each other!' If we can get this done, this is going to be the fucking coolest game that the planet Earth has ever fucking seen in its entire history!'"

>In a press release dated January 1, 1993, id Software had written that they expected Doom to be "the number one cause of decreased productivity in businesses around the world". Doom indeed became a significant problem in many workplaces, both occupying the time of employees and clogging computer networks with traffic caused by deathmatches and downloads.

One common problem was that the first version of Doom used broadcast packets, degrading the performance of networks on which multiplayer Doom was being played.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_in_workplaces

>The Dial-up Wide-Area Network Game Operation, better known by the acronym DWANGO, was an early online gaming service based in the United States. Launched in 1994, it was originally known for its compatibility with Doom, for which it functioned as a matchmaking service for online multiplayer.

I could find even more. You "LE DOOM SP GAME ONLY, ALWAYS WAS XDD" people are the most ignorant, frustrating and stupid Doom "fans" I've ever come across. And there's so many of you. The impact and gameplay possibility of Doom is much larger than your shitty little ZDoom folder with some level pack wads in it.
>>
>>339484754
>lolno, they get you killed more than anything in nightmare
>k
>how much of a turbo fag are you for not disabling it
>litterally the editor making references to another one of his games, like old doom
>and?
>no
You have shit taste and no arguing skills. That's totally okay. I don't mind that you have shit taste. I have better taste than you and I'm pointing it out.
>>
>>339490507
>>339490910
>replying to nostalgiafags

Their opinion is literally "old good, new bad", and most of them are just trying to fit in. There is no reason to pay any attention to them. Ever.
>>
>>339490848
they get close and shoot you, yes, and even if there might be invul frames during the animation, it still end up killing you fairly often if you're careless
>>
>>339490848
Yeah, play Ultra-Nightmare and it becomes apparent that they do
>>
>>339486343
so you didn't even bother to read his argument ?
faggot
>>
>>339483212
Played it, beat it.

Played it again on harder difficulty. Beat it again, had even more fun.

Started on Nightmare, but have stopped because Overwatch.

Every now and then I go back to it, because Doom is a fun fucking game and feels good to play. I don't regret a cent spent on it.

Haven't touched the multiplayer once and I never intend to.
>>
>>339491992
>his
stay mad cuck
>>
>>339484048
But that's not a good point, because the campaign and multiple difficulty levels, combined with the tight gameplay that legitimately feels good to play, means that replay value for the main campaign can pad out the purchase.

It's the same logic with most good Platinum games. Good gameplay warrants repeated playthroughs, while bad gameplay means people get tired of it and never look back. I beat Uncharted 4 and I will never replay it again, for instance; it was good for one, then I returned it to the Redbox.
>>
>>339491757
It's not even nostalgiafags, how large of a percentage of people on /v/ or even /vr/ do you think has actually played Doom on DOS? I don't understand this whole concept of nostalgia for a period you didn't live through, /v/ is essentially the people who say how much they love the 80's or the 60's despite being 20 years old.
>>
>>339483212
>Playing DOOM's multiplayer
It's shit and no one expected it to be good
The single player is good though
>>
Single player was fun as fuck. Multiplayer needs private servers or at least dedicated PC servers. SnapMap needs a PC tag like Fallout 4 so you can remove the limitations without worrying about catching consoles on fire.
>>
>>339483212
Stupido, you only play it for the singleplayer and the music if you like it.
>>
>>339492601
Yea, that's why I said most of them are just trying to fit in. Because liking old things exclusively makes you cool.
>>
>>339483212
>Dark souls 3
>still going strong

It's not though.
>>
>>339483212
You expect people to autistically replay the singleplayer over and over again? It doesn't matter how great any singleplayer game is. You play the campaign and you're essentially done save for the ocassional replay when you feel like going back to it months or years down the line.
>>
>>339487021
Doom doesn't have this problem though, and its free.
>>
So the QTE chainsaw bullshit stayed in the game for release with no way to turn it off? 7 hours to finish? Ok thanks for the heads up guys, that just saved me $38. Still debating plunking $30 down to buy FO4, almost ready to pull the trigger.
>>
>Dark souls 3 came out 2 months ago
>still going strong

DaS3 has way more replayability thanks to the multiplayer tho

honestly DOOM should have been just sold as a SP-only game for 30/40 dollars or something, only then I would fucking recommend it to anyone
>>
>>339483212
OK you guys are retarded. Not every game needs to be a 100 hour experience. I fucking got my 16 hours outo of doom and I will come back months later to get it again. You don't fucking finish a book and yell at the top of your lungs why is noone reading this book anymore! If people want to revisit it they can. You don't buy a DVD and watch nothing but that DVD for months. You watch it every so often.
>>
>People literally said the campaign was great
>"What the fuck look nearly a month later and people stopped playing the single player game WOOOOOW shit game!!!!"
>>
>>339494194
No one who's played the game really complains about the glory kills, they're pretty fluid and compliment the gameplay, plus you have to be smart about it on higher difficulties or you'll die.
>>
File: 1434941226037.jpg (173 KB, 519x384) Image search: [Google]
1434941226037.jpg
173 KB, 519x384
>awful story
>slow boring gunplay
>oh look a big area, little demons spawn first then some big demons, wow
>same repetitive QTE kills
>le rip and tear xD!
>>
>>339493941
People don't literally play the vanilla Doom single-player over and over again unless they're autistic though. Doom 1 and 2 have great modding support plus the engine formed the foundation of most shooters back in the day. If D44M gets mods then it might survive for some time, SnapMap is just too limited atm.
>>
>>339495243
cool cool, good to know you haven't played it then.

alos >le meme rip and tear.
Fuck off you summer cancer.
>>
>>339483212

I loved it. I beat it once and moved on as there are just a shit ton of games coming out right now (which is nice.)

Uncharted 4
Overwatch
TW3: Blood and Wine
Fallout 4: Far Harbor
Total War: Warhammer

Admittedly I'm not planning on touching FO4 but the rest of those I'm very much interested in playing.

Doom was great. I loved it. I'll probably come back to it at some point, but I'm not some autist who needs to sit there and complete every game I own. After I beat it I generally put it down for awhile and let it rest.
>>
File: 115915-119.jpg (7 KB, 272x347) Image search: [Google]
115915-119.jpg
7 KB, 272x347
>>339495243

>awful story

Stopped reading right there. Who seriously plays DOOM for the story? Get the fuck out underaged cancer.
>>
Does anyone else have vidya ADD? I play a game and then move on. I can't enjoy multiplayer games that much because of this, whenever I try to git gud I get bored of the repetition and move on. That's not to say I don't like a challenge, but I get burnt out too easily and need a new game. Right now I'm running through a bunch of FPS games, played Rise of the Triad reboot, Duke 3d, Duke Nukem Forever, Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset, Doom 1, 2, 64 and 3, D44M and next up probably Serious Sam and Painkiller. Also need to finish Dragon's Dogma and I'll go play Far Harbor and see how the FO4 mods are coming along.
>>
File: latest.png (1 MB, 1454x1173) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1 MB, 1454x1173
holy shit it's an exploud
>>
>>339492601
>/v/ or even /vr/ do you think has actually played Doom on DOS
But I did play Wolfenstein 3D on a 386 and Doom 1 & 2 on a P1 60Mhz. Quake 1 & 2 then on a 233 MMX + VooDoo 2.

And new Doom is pretty fun, I just really hate the checkpoint system and to a lesser extent the overreliance on arenas.
>>
>>339495661
>>oh look a big area, little demons spawn first then some big demons, wow
>>same repetitive QTE kills
>>le rip and tear xD!

Those three are spot on though.
>>
>games only have value if you can waste time in them doing menial shit ad nauseam

and this is why AAA gaming is filled to the brim with boring shit
>>
File: 20160529144838_1.jpg (802 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160529144838_1.jpg
802 KB, 2560x1440
meh I'm loving it
>>
>>339498380
>60$ for a short single player game that can't be modded
It's shit
>>
The singleplayer is strong enough for 2 consecutive playthroughs, but multiplayer is not compatible with the game they created.
>>
>>339483585
Same here homie. I see everyone on this board chokin down Myazaki's grorious nippon wang but I was so bored after I beat DS3 that I haven't played since like 5 days post launch.
>>
File: 1464711897403s.jpg (14 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1464711897403s.jpg
14 KB, 250x187
Console masterrace, bought it for $38, sold it for $40. got all the trophies in 15 hours...meanwhile 500k copies sold on steam, but only 8k people playing. Buyers remorse in full effect
>>
Worth every penny. The nice thing about single player games is I don't have to play with yon fuckbois. Assorted crying about glory kills amuses me. You can turn all that shit off, there are runes that change how it works, etc. etc. It's a good game, whether or not it may be up your personal alley.
>>
File: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.png (404 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.png
404 KB, 500x505
Game was entirely too derivative of chex quest
>>
>>339491705
Cool to learn this
>>
>>339499301
>SnapMap will never let you recreate a 3D version of ChexQuest
>>
>>339499435
Only because snapmap is busy licking the windows on the shortbus
http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=5307.0
>>
>>339494194
Yeah I can't believe the chainsaw is QTE.

It's pretty annoying.
>>
>>339495264
Good luck, even if it weren't significantly harder to make levels in a modern editor, hand placing all the AI nodes that D44M's AI requires to do all of its traversal and pathfinding alone is enough to completely kill modding from anyone besides experts that are probably going to be qualified to go and make games themselves at that point.
>>
What they need to do
>Stop the snap map shit for PC, it's a console only feature
>Allow modding for PC users -- it's what Doom was always great for
>Emphasise single-player content patches and DLC
>Make the multiplayer actually good or fuck it off entirely; no one really plays Doom for that
That's literally all this game needs
>>
>>339492601
False nostalgia is a thing. There are tons of people who are nostalgic for eras they didn't live in because they obviously get overly positive images of those eras from media or people who lived the era.
>>
Needs a New Game + patch that ramps up the enemy count and types used in the early areas of the game ie. Revenants and Barons in Resource Ops.

As if any AAA company would do something like that without forcing you to pay for it these days.
>>
>>339500845
Should also let you keep your upgrades between playthroughs.
>>
>Oh shit the game is great guys literally the only thing we can resort to complaining about is length even though we'd never bring that up for a game we didn't decide to hate literally the day it was announced

lol this board
>>
>>339487645
I see nothing wrong with being a casual then. I unironically enjoy pretty looking walking simulators with shallow objectives and simple dialogues like FO4 and Skyrim.

You see, this is the next evolution in gaming. IMO, some games should be less competition oriented. In it's early development, video game was a medium for translating logic and reflex engagement oriented activities into digital video format. Some people turn out to enjoy the experience of observing and discovering instead of engaging their reflexes and logic in the game their play. This is how games like Morrowind were born.

Just like the evolution of films. Back in the 20's great directors like Fritz Lang directed beautiful looking films that are focused on the exposition of the plot, but it turned out that the audience were more mesmerized by the grandeur audiovisual telling of the story. Then came Tarkovsky and his unique way of directing films with the logic of poetry where man and nature, instead of plot, are equally the star of the film even though they barely recognized each other. This technique of recreating life using the audiovisual medium stands at the highest ground of the evolutionary ladder of cinema.

People like Todd Howard are the Tarkovsky of video games. With his unique non autistic perspective, he sees video games as an experience rather than a puzzle. With trials and errors, he has tried to create an experience oriented video game rather than the traditional game oriented video games. His technique might still be in the experimental stage, but I hope someday he will find the perfect formula to articulate his visionary ideal, a combination of discovery and world manipulation.
>>
>>339500985
Why wouldn't you complain about length for a game that has shit multiplayer and no mods?
>>
File: 1464562036389.png (66 KB, 153x152) Image search: [Google]
1464562036389.png
66 KB, 153x152
>>339491705
It makes me smile whenever I talk about co-op in the original Doom and it will always bait some faggot to say "there was no co-op in Doom" then the entire thread begins to tear him apart. Real Doom bros.
>>
>>339501192
That idea literally dumps several eras of gaming just for the sake of bitching about one game.
Wow every singleplayer PS1/2 game is shit guys, you heard this man they have no mods they can't be good!
Wow Mario Bros no mods can't be good guys can't be good!
>>
>>339501392
It's almost as if this isn't the fourth game in a series made famous for its still-active modding community.
>>
Why are people trying to shit on Classic Doom when ita gameplay, performance and modding is objectively superior?

Not saying D44M is bad but its not hitting those Classic numbers like it should be. Has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Call me back when someone makes a Going Down.wad equivalent in SnapMap
>>
>>339501491
It's almost as if a format so simplistic that it could be hand written by a 10 year old is easier to foster a lively modding community for than a 2016 AAA game that literally takes a team of around 20 professionals to create a single working level.
>>
>>339486192
>Like the original DOOM?
I decided I should finally play the original Doom for the first time last week.
I had never played it beyond E1M1 of Doom 1, but I had played somewhat similarly styled games, like Marathon and Duke Nukem.

Doom and Doom II are so much fucking fun. The ending of Doom didn't feel like it was supposed to be a reward at the end of the game, it felt more like a bookend, to show you that it was over. The gameplay itself was far more fun and rewarding to master than any ending they could have provided.
I've been playing these fucking games non-stop, and with WADs and stuff, I doubt I'll run out of stuff to do soon.

How does the new Doom compare?
I was skeptical at first, and I'm still not a fan of the Brutal Doom style finishers and the arena style levels and the 12 enemies at a time thing, but the gameplay looked surprisingly alright.
It's a hundred times better treatment of the series than something like Duke Nukem Forever was for Duke.
It just seems sort of empty, if that makes sense.
And the snap map limitations and lack of any other kind of modding really makes me doubt it could ever hope to compare to the originals
>>
Pros
>Graphics were good
>Gun designs were okay.
>Pretty nice and fast gameplay
>Controls pretty snappy

Cons
>Hell looked like pirates of the caribbean
>Cyber Demon looked like a generic magic the gathering monster
>Glory killing all your enemies is obnoxious. Imagine if you had to knife every enemy in other fps games.
>QTE chainsaw
>Trials
>Call of Duty Perks
>Super Mario Doom: A next gen Platformer
>>
I played a metric shitload of the campaign, multi, and dabbled in Snapmaps.

Then I went back to The Division and a friend bought me Overwatch for my birthday. I'll go back most likely, but I went fucking HARD in that game and need a break.
>>
>>339501792
Didn't stop Fallout 4 from having mod tools.
>>
>>339502208
Fallout 4 uses heightmap terrain, the level editor is straight up on par with Snapmap in terms of complexity.
>>
>>339502394
Fallout 4 lets you use outdoor environments.
And what about Unreal Engine? You can easily throw down/resize some BSPs and have a working level.
>>
Doom was a fantastic single player FPS. The multiplayer wasn't bad, but there is plenty that is better. I knew it wasn't going to be talked about for extended periods of time when I bought it, but starting a new game in a few months when I am burnt out on story driven games and COD garbage and such, it will be a fun game all over again.

Dark Souls 3 is a Dark Souls game. People will play it to death and do stupid shit with it like make Shrek characters to defend the swamp and two shield pvp builds and what not. They are a special group of people that will keep playing the game to no fucking end.

Overwatch is the current flavor of the month. It will eventually wear down too, but I think it will be a while for that to happen. The online is rock solid, the objective based gameplay is also well done, and the characters are all unique giving it longer teeth than most other shooters online shooters.

That said, this time next year, unless Blizzard really knocks it out of the park with the DLC, nobody will be talking about Overwatch. Hell, most won't be talking about in about six months when VR will be the main topic (even if it is shit, /v/ will make thousands of thousands of threads talking about how it is shit).
>>
>>339502549
Unreal Engine has a billions of hours and dollars worth of R&D put into it to be useable for indie developers and people learning game development, current idtech is in-house and developing it for anything other than professionals would be a waste of time and money they'd never see a worthwhile return on. Besides that, I think the sorts of people that believe an editor release would magically create a vibrant modding community have been loud enough that an editor probably will release eventually and then have roughly the same impact on the game as RAGE's editor did for RAGE. Read: None, because anyone who can use it has better stuff to be doing.
>>
>>339501846
>QTE chainsaw
you didn't play the game
>>
>>339483212
It's nothing to worry about, this is just Learning the Denuvo Lesson!

The lack of pirates playing killed word of mouth in the cradle. Sad but true fact that generating conversational hype relies primarily on maximizing your install base, and a game that isn't available for free will struggle with that.
>>
>>339503709
Except the game's already wildly successful, has generated a lot of conversational hype without piracy and you're rewriting history that happened 3 weeks ago based purely on the fact that it's dropped a little on a ranking list dominated by multiplayer and grind-based games.
>>
>>339504943
>wildly successful
Says who?
>>
>>339483212
>Single player game that is mainly meant to be a fun shooter, no hidden lore or anything like that really, which Doom never was about anyway

Gee wiz, I wonder why no one is talking about it.

How about explaining to me how pretty much every single fucking asshole here that claimed that the game is bad only had outright lies like "IT'S SLOW" or some other stupid bullshit as "Proof"?

The only valid actual complaints are mainly about Multiplayer and Snapmap while others are mostly about preference and taste (Mainly regarding the upgrade system).

Can you fucking underage faggots that pretend to be old fans of fucking Doom fuck off? IT's painfully obvious you're a shitter that only played crap like Brutal Doom when you claim new Doom is slow and then try to use the first Dooms as "Proof". I mean holy fuckballs, do you realize that old Doom had a sprint button? You gonna tell me, right to my fucking face, that you held down the sprint button 24/7 when playing the first two Doom games back when they released? And that's still ignoring the fact that old Doom with sprint is only a little bit faster than the new Doom.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>339505107
Aside from raw sales statistics, almost every review site, the gaming community in general, the developers and publishers themselves? Nobody you wouldn't brush off as "Shills" just to desperately try to convince yourself that the game was a failure.
>>
>>339506004
Nice source
>>
>>339503709
>The lack of pirates playing killed word of mouth in the cradle.
>word of mouth
They spent tons of money marketing, it's literally called Doom so it gets attention from name recognition alone, and it has tons of positive attention form gaming sites and Youtubers (even Youtubers who thought it was going to be shit.) I hate Denuvo because it kills modding and will potentially start killing games, but piratefags are delusional.
>>
Call of DmCoomlo: Combat Devolved
>>
>>339506203
If you're going to resort to that I'd rather see evidence of it being unsuccessful given the presence of so much evidence to the contrary that you can't look anywhere gaming-related without seeing it.
>>
Everything besides the singleplayer is garbage so it's dead Jim
>>
>>339506715
With that logic, battleborn is also successful
>>
>only way to play it is to buy it
>people that don't like the look of it won't spend money on it
>no demo
>classic doom is still far more free in terms of community made stuff
I don't know what people expected
>>
>>339506847
Most of the press talking about Battleborn are mentioning how it going on sale so soon after launch means it was a disaster.
>>
File: bbrn.png (332 KB, 325x600) Image search: [Google]
bbrn.png
332 KB, 325x600
>>339506847
Are you serious? You don't even have to dig further than Battleborn's steam page to see that it's unsuccessful.
>>
>>339500705
I've felt nostalgia over games I've never even played desu.
>>
File: 1463386160038.jpg (178 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1463386160038.jpg
178 KB, 798x770
>>339483212
from the day they announced that DOOM would use DENUVO I knew it would be a one timer shit game
>>
>>339484538
Um, what? You playing the game doesn't earn them money, you've already bought it. If you like the MP, play it. We need all the players we can get so they'll bother to put in the proper modes. They said they're gonna put in modes for free.
>>
>>339506847
but it was
>>
Not surprised, When I see 'Denuva', that's a sign to me to 'avoid this title'. Like how deadly insects advertise their abilities through colors. That's what Denuva does.

Might not be a shit game, but with the dropping player numbers and the need by the developer to include a DRM pretty much confirms it for me. RIP Doom.
>>
File: 1461560491935.jpg (33 KB, 538x356) Image search: [Google]
1461560491935.jpg
33 KB, 538x356
>>339483212
No mods thanks to denuvo
>>
>>339507327
Stay mad. Or alternatively, get some cash together and buy this masterpiece. Call me a shill, but shit, you won't regret it.
>>
File: 1443.gif (608 KB, 250x273) Image search: [Google]
1443.gif
608 KB, 250x273
>>339495264
>If D44M gets mods
>>
>>339507658
le epic falseflag meme
>>
Out for almost a month and still no Dev mode fix.
>>
>>339507794
Bro, I don't care if you buy it or not, I'm just saying it's a God-tier game
>>
>>339507768
>If game developed by developer known to include modding support published by publisher known to include modding support gets mods

Doom 3 was the only id game to have tools on release.
>>
>>339507575
I can't believe pirate fags are so butthurt about a denova game being successful that they've created this false reality where doom didn't do well and actively converse with eachother on the "fact" that it failed and that denova was the cause
>>
>>339484754
You are obviously very young to know that it is called Easter Egg. Original Doom had it. Build3D games consisted entirely of them.
>>
File: denuvo.jpg (10 KB, 477x249) Image search: [Google]
denuvo.jpg
10 KB, 477x249
>>339507967
You can't mod a game where the DRM is part of the game code itself.
>>
>>339501846
>>Glory killing all your enemies is obnoxious. Imagine if you had to knife every enemy in other fps games.
>she played on hurt me plenty or lower
>>
>>339483212
The multiplayer is fucking garbage bro, but the singleplayer was fantastic.
>>
File: 1436275079726.jpg (160 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1436275079726.jpg
160 KB, 1024x576
>>339483212
Multiplayer is shit in both games for different reasons

DOOM's multi was outsourced to idiots and DaS 3 multi is divided into R1 spam pvp meta and shitters who summon to steamroll the game.
>>
>>339508075
You can if they make the DRM able to distinguish changes that mess with the verification process of the game from those that add anime titty girls
>>
>>339508057
Wolfenstein levels and hung Keens are way less cancerous than epic arrow in the knee maymay
>>
>>339508043
I just commented on the information presented in this thread, don't get asshurt over observations.
>>
>>339508218
They made games with that sort of DRM, they got cracked. So now you get denuvo and no mods.
>>
>>339508043
I'm not trying to sound arrogant or smug but I would genuinely be crushed if I couldn't play DOOM 2016, it's amazing. Pirates, I sincerely, honestly hope you can buy the game ASAP. I wish you the best of luck in being able to purchase this game.
>>
>>339508075
Total Warhammer has mods and Denuvo, it's literally just up to the Devs to allow Modding and then you'll be able to mod it.
>>
>>339508278
>It is okay when i like it!
That's one doomed space marine.
>>
>>339499091
How did you buy a console copy for only $38 anyway?
>>
>>339508075
That assumes that every part of the game that you would want to mod is accessed entirely through engine code.

>>339508334
If Denuvo were actually technologically illiterate enough to make a DRM that had to lock down literally every single one of the game's files to work, they'd also be too technologically illiterate to make a DRM that is uncrackable.
>>
>Fast paced game about blowing shit up has less discussion topics than a slow paced game with hours of extremely vague backstory

W e w
>>
>>339508278
I haven't even seen this epic meme easter egg, so I doubt it's very large or prominent. Just play the game, run like hell and shoot shit. Stop stopping to look at memes.
>>
I thought I would hate Glory Kills, but when you get a couple of runes and can basically go from enemy to enemy glory-killing them immediately it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>339499091
>playing a faster-paced FPS on a console
>masterrace
>>
>>339508639
I'm not saying it ruins the game, I'm saying that guy's a retarded and the stuff he's saying are as bad as arrow in le knee are way more related to the games they're in than the meme.
>>
>>339508639
It's just sitting out of the way in a cave near where you fight the first baron. There's a bunch of armor-wearing skeletons with swords and arrows stuck in them littering the hell levels anyway so it isn't even thematically out of place.
>>
File: Cju8FMvWEAAp6rx.jpg (24 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
Cju8FMvWEAAp6rx.jpg
24 KB, 600x401
It is a singleplayer game.
Literally no one is talking about dark souls 3 despite it being a heavily multiplayer focused game. All of the "souls fans" I know, stopped playing that turd after 30hours. Some "classic" eh. Lets not forget that nobody bought Doom for the shitty multiplayer to begin with.
I dont own either of the games nor do I plan on getting them, but this seriously seems like a butthurt souls neckbeard cringemasters buyers remorse thread. "g-guys r-remember ds3? i-its still going strong! r-right guys?!"
>>
>>339486192
>Like the original DOOM?
Which came out 23 years ago. Not in 2016, not in a game where the only worthwhile part is the singleplayer, unlike the original Doom.
>>
>>339486519
But Bloodborne is Demon's Souls 4.
>>
>>339508984
>he played the original doom for the multiplayer
>>
>>339509116
You missed out on fun, Anon.
>>
>>339487021
>Single player focused FPS games with added on multiplayer have always had short lived communities
Psst, wanna hear an example of a game like that that still has an active mod and multiplayer community even today?

Doom (1993).

Even the original maps are still played online today from time to time.
>>
>>339509238
it was never any fun, regards someone else who played it back then.
>>
How does this game take up 50 gigs? The Open beta was over 10 gigs for 2 medium sized maps, what the heck.
>>
>>339508984
Doom's deathmatch was only worthwhile by virtue of being the first deathmatch to exist. I'd know, I was a turbo poorfag who played Skulltag from release almost up until the Zandronum hijack. Co-op was the feature that stood the test of time. D44M doesn't have that either.
>>
>>339509415
>didn't even include tacked on co-op onto the D44M campaign

you had one job id
>>
Got this off g2a for 30$ cheaper than steam. Enjoying it a lot, love the movement.

Reminds me a lot of 1.6 except you can shoot while moving.
>>
>>339491757
>nostalgiafags
>mods for old doom
this is a doom mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOg0BhlIvyQ
and this one too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvRDDOKNCE
>>
>>339509116
No, I played it for both the singleplayer and multiplayer. Nice try.
>>
>>339508968
>It is a singleplayer game.
It has a multiplayer component, it has a right to be shat on for what it is. The original Doom is still being played today, what's this game's excuse for its community being dead already?
>>
>>339509309
Poor soul never had good friends to play with.

Doom still having multiplayer mods being made two decades later is a testament to how good the multiplayer was.
>>
>>339509852
>>339510041
Old doom is only still being played/modded by autists and people who aren't good at modern games
>>
>>339509358
50 GB is the capacity of Blu-ray discs so developers who make games for consoles first allow the game to bloat up to such size and don't really care as long as they don't go over the limit.
>>
>>339509569
The fact that they very clearly demonstrated that they know how much having a full arsenal of weapons contributes to the game in the SP and then somehow managed to not only neglect including the same functionality in Snapmap, but go to the effort of creating a different system that completely throws it out the window is some real shit.

>>339509852
Don't want to sound like a certain kind of /v/ boogeyman but maybe they'll have a chance to fix it in the obviously planned (to the point of the sequelbaiting being obnoxious) sequel.

>>339510041
It's a testament to how malleable the engine is. If people were still playing the lackluster vanilla deathmatch then that'd be a testament to how good the multiplayer was, because that's how the multiplayer actually was. 16 player Complex Doom co-op and Zandro's various party mods aren't what the multiplayer was, so they can't represent it.
>>
>>339510175
Define "modern games".
>>
>>339510175
noice deflection lad
>>
>>339509852
Mods. There's a reason Skyrim, New Vegas and Civ V are still some of the most popular games on Steam.
>>
File: link-confused.jpg (19 KB, 298x348) Image search: [Google]
link-confused.jpg
19 KB, 298x348
Are people honestly this desperate to hate the new Doom?
>>
>>339483212
Well you're about to get your 200+ posts for comparably little effort, what's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>339510740
Yes. Did you miss the year worth of shitposting that kicked off literally the moment the first 3 seconds of gameplay footage were shown?
>>
>>339492213
pure fps can never has as much discussion as rpg. Unless they go the way of muh hardcore and make some kind of impossible mode.
the speed runners are still dissecting nu doom btw. but such thing is never /v/'s forte because there hasnt been any meme or drama.

new vegas has daily thread due to the memes despite being a worse shooter, mgr threads are also mostly memes. even fucking skyrim has more threads. It's just in our habitat.
>>
>>339510376
doom 2016
>>
>>339510740
That's /v/'s thing. Everything has to fail.
>>
>>339510740
>they must be desperate to hate it!
>I'll just ignore all the obvious flaws that have been pointed out throughout the thread!
Found the shill.
>>
My favorite thing is comparing two games completely unalike
>>
>>339510937
dumbass this whole thread, no board is the shill. /v/s existence is entirely funded by Bethesda and only exist to market their games. You have to acknowledge this or else you are in on it
>>
>>339510927
I don't see why someone good at Doom wouldn't be good at the new Doom.
>>
>>339510937
The game has flaws but nothing that makes it worth being shat all over. Literally all arguments saying the game is shit don't hold up.
>>
>>339498107
checkpoint is ok. every fights can be over in minutes. Bossfights are also not much longer with mid boss checkpoint
>>
I can't really think of many games where people play vanilla single-player over and over again aside from Diablo 2 and CRPG's.
>>
>>339510937
>anyone who likes games I don't is a shill.
When did I say the game was flawless?
>>339510918
No, but now that it's out and pretty good I'm just still surprised that people seem to WANT to hate it.
>>
>>339511061
I'm not arguing whether people good at doom are good at modern doom. I'm saying the people who still actively play old doom aren't OR are autistic
>>
File: 1374720566587.gif (382 KB, 120x107) Image search: [Google]
1374720566587.gif
382 KB, 120x107
>Dark Souls 3
>still going strong
>>
>>339511105
Checkpoints are bearable but still a pain in the ass, especially in the non-linear levels where I occasionally wound up with a checkpoint on one side of the map, and the next objective/secret/optional encounter I wanted to go for on the opposite side forcing me to walk across the whole map if I died.
>>
>>339511193
What if they just like the game because it's fun anon?
>>
>>339511131
Ultimate Doom and Doom 2
>>
>>339511162
They dedicated themselves to a year worth of literal ToRtanic-tier fetishism over wanting this game to fail. Did you really think they'd stop after all that?
>>
>>339498865
It's not though.
>>
>>339508400
http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2015/10/05/total-war-warhammer-will-not-feature-mod-support/
>>
>>339510175
Here is your reply.
>>
>>339511404
just turn on the objective marker and look at it in your map. what are you afraid of? being called a casul by /v/?
>>
>>339483212
>I still play the SP and snapmaps even though snapmaps are limited as fuck
>When i go on the MP i still get get games no problem granted i only play TDM but still.

Nice lying OP.
>>
>>339510918
Well to be fair, the marketing for NuDoom was fucking awful. They didn't release PC gameplay with a M+KB until a WEEK before release.
>>
File: 9dwan5zb.jpg (9 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
9dwan5zb.jpg
9 KB, 222x211
I still play DOOM and love every second of it. It's literally the only singleplayer twitch shooter for such a long time. Last time I had this much fun with a SP shooter was with painkiller.
>>
File: 1463223977441.jpg (167 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1463223977441.jpg
167 KB, 700x700
ITT:
>>
>>339511610

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Modding_Details

???
>>
>>339511710
The other MP modes are kill, but they're also all lifted from Quake 3 and Q3TA and happen to suck ass without the movement and map control mechanics from Quake also coming into play. Not to mention the demon rune fits terribly into EVERY other mode.
>>
>>339511998
I guess i can see this. But honestly i just don't care. I didn't intend to play any other game mode besides TDM and CTF if they ended up having it. All the other game modes don't interest me even in games where they're done better.
>>
File: 1456459779376.png (342 KB, 452x402) Image search: [Google]
1456459779376.png
342 KB, 452x402
>>339511896
>tfw I've never pirated a game aside from downloading WADs and I still don't want to buy it
>>
>>339512283
It's pretty fun desu.
>>
>>339483212
Of course people stopped playing the multiplayer. Overwatch came out.
>>
>>339483212
This game is honestly shit. I bought it, played it for two days and realized it's just another shitty FPS without reloading, and nothing about it felt like Doom.
>>
>>339513159
>>339512712
Is it possible for a game to be gun and absolute shit? Come on /v/ I need a consensus here
>>
>>339509415
No, just because you suck at deathmatch and can only play shitty co-op, doesn't mean that competitive doom is bad. I've played that shit for a long time as well and it's one of the best deathmatch games ever.
>>
>Claim to want a return to gamey, oldschool shooter mechanics
>D44M comes out and proves that not only is such a game viable in the modern market, but that there's also so much demand for it that a high budget AAA title can be successful
>"Waaah it's horrible waaah it's not a 1:1 copy of Doom waah I wish it was a failure waaaa!"

You wanted the industry to trend back towards oldschool mechanics. You just got it. Now you're gonna cry about it? This could potentially be a pretty significant turning point for shooters and you're gonna cry about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 320x320
>DOOM already has a peak of 13,000 players today and currently 10,000 people playing it on steam statistics

Pretty damn impressive honestly senpai. Also multiplayer is fun, I don't understand the hate for it
>>
>>339483212

>we want the halo audience

gaming is dead
>>
>>339514018
>10k players
>impressive
>>
>>339513645
Stop living your life by the opinions of anonymous salty, contrarian, "let's-be-as-edgy-as-possible" internet users. Think for yourself.
>>
>>339513645
Any game can be fun with friends.
Doesn't mean it's good.
>>
File: DESTROY US ALL!.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
DESTROY US ALL!.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Should I buy it or is Denuvo a good reason to hold off on it?
>>
>>339513882
Competitive Doom is boring-ass shotgun jousting. That line of argument might work against someone who hasn't had experience with it, but I spent most of my time playing the competitive modes due to pub co-op being a laggy mess so I know you're bullshitting.
>>
>>339514191
Don't. Go work on your PS2 collection.
>>
>>339514094
It is impressive given the fact that it's a scifi shooter game in a market of LOL SO REALISTIC WAR shooter games
>>
>>339514191
Your purchases [or lack of] do not affect Denuvo. It's VERY cheap to license, effective and doesn't affect the game at all.

It's here to stay. And nothing you can do will change that.

HOWEVER, the rise of Denuvo means we need something back: Demos. We need demos back for games.
>>
>>339483212
I like it, and theres great potential for snapmaps. Multiplayer a shit but snapmap co-op is pretty fun.
>>
>>339514398

x64 debugger will soon send denuvo to the scrapheap of failed anti-piracy measures... the chinks can crack it without the debugger already
>>
File: 1456643655203.gif (479 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1456643655203.gif
479 KB, 450x400
>>339513978
>being this new
/v/ has been full of contrarian faggots from the beginning, it's nothing fresh amongst the rest of the shitposts on this board.

Lurk more.
>>
>>339514284
You mean the same market where Overwatch is currently the most popular FPS?
>>
>>339493941
>>339509283
You are correct. And it's awesome that that community is so healthy, considering that the original DOOM is an awesome game.

That new Alien themed multiplayer coop WAD that just came out (can't remember the exact title) is fucking great.

However, I think it can be easily argued that Doom 1 is one of the few exceptions to the rule.
>>
>>339514680
To be fair, Blizzard have top of the line marketing ability
>>
>>339514796
Judging by all the threads, so has Bethesda.
>>
>>339486519
>Bloodborne
>still going strong
U wot
>>
>>339514537
Which scene group cracked it? Last I knew Bird pretty much gave up, and her group was the closest.
>>
>>339489387
>summerfag gets triggered into falling for bait meant for post3rs like him
The only people who genuinely get upset over the utterance of summer/summerfags are actual summerfags.
>>
>>339514925
I didn't see shit in terms of advertising before DOOM's release honestly. I think they didn't think it would be well received, so I bet you anything someone is getting an ass chewing for not correctly marketing the game given that it is need up being successful and they lost lots of potential sales.
>>
>>339514925
Nah, if Bethesda were good at marketing FO4 would still be a thing.

The Doom threads are just nerds.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.