[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this game. First SMT entry for me. Any tips I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: SMTIV_US_COVER.jpg (329 KB, 1500x1334) Image search: [Google]
SMTIV_US_COVER.jpg
329 KB, 1500x1334
Just got this game. First SMT entry for me. Any tips I should know before jumping in? I hear the game is hard as fuck, but wouldn't grinding make that easier?
>>
>>339474194
You can't grind in SMT retard demons take forever to level up
>>
>>339474194
The only grinding you really do in SMTIV would be recruiting more demons so you can keep fusing without spending macca. You want to keep fusing your demons into better ones.
>>
File: 1463606829262.jpg (97 KB, 919x1079) Image search: [Google]
1463606829262.jpg
97 KB, 919x1079
If you're going to do a Strength build, then unintuitively enough you should put points in Dex NOT Strength. That's because the Str stat mainly increases your normal attack power, while Dex increases your physical/gun special attacks, which you'll be using 99% of the time.

I can't even remember the last time I had my main character normally attack, when I have a +5 3mp gun skill he can use every turn instead.

Given that also, your weapons and armor aren't that important. Main thing is to keep fusing demons so you have a party around your level.

Althougth a SMTfag can probably clarify/tell I'm a retard. I haven't even beaten the game yet. I'm already half-way through.

Watch out for that Minotaur boss, I had to fight that piece of shit a dozen times before I could kill him.
>>
>>339474254
>>339474754
morons, you grind to increase your own level so you can fuse better demons
>>
File: 1464279098692.png (309 KB, 479x337) Image search: [Google]
1464279098692.png
309 KB, 479x337
>>339474795
*only half way through
>>
>>339474194
buff/debuffs are an integral part of winning
exploit weaknesses always
save like a madman
unlike other MegaTen games, you still get xp if you negotiate your way out of a battle instead of just winning it
>>
2Dx 1Ag 2Lu
>>
File: 1464103637779.jpg (380 KB, 1200x826) Image search: [Google]
1464103637779.jpg
380 KB, 1200x826
>>339474947
You get Xp if you negotiate out of a battle really? Is that something you have to buy from Burroughs with your app points?
>>
>>339474194
Speaking as someone who also had SMT4 as their first SMT, its a pretty easy game. Each boss battle just comes down to
>figure out what element the boss is weak to
>spam the fuck out of that element, getting 50 attacks a turn
>win in two to three turns
That strat pretty much beat the whole game for me.
>>
You see how your stat bars cap at 200? Just ignore that, it's complete bullshit.

Pretty much the best build in the game is to just put every single point into magic.
>>
>>339474194
>>339474254

>la grinding meme
Grinding in SMT isn't like grinding in other games

When people talk about how SMT has no grinding, they mean you can't just grind levels. You DO however have to grind for demons, skills, and macca.
>>
>>339475097
>magic
>not gun
What a shitter
>>
>>339474194
Focus on magic, fuse well, buff like fuck, and pray luck is on your side.

SMT (or MegaTen games in general) are infamously difficult during the first parts of the games because of the sheer limited options that you have.

You find that the game does get a lot easier once you get how everything plays together.
>>
>>339475302
Magic is literally overpowered as fuck in smt4
>>
>>339475351
Magic is for homos.
Constant critical attacks and non-stop smirks are much more enjoyable.
>>
>>339474194
It starts hard then the difficulty plummets after a certain point.
>>339475351
Dex out classes magic at end game
>>
>>339474194
>Any tips I should know before jumping in?

Once you make it out of Naraku, the most difficult thing becomes figuring out where the fuck to go.
>>
The game's difficulty drops as soon as you reach Tokyo. At that point you'll start to steamroll random encounters. Bosses also get a whole lot easier because you're skill pool increases. Only select bosses are annoying such as Beelzebub, where RNG can fuck you over.
>>
>>339475351
You clearly haven't used a Gun build. Dex/Luck/Agi is OP as fuck. You get so many smirks it's not even funny. It's not as if there's any shortage of magic using demons either.
>>
>>339475642
>The game's difficulty drops as soon as you reach Tokyo
You know you probably just spoiled the best moment in the game for that anon, right?
>>
Make honest decisions. Don't be a fuckboi aiming for an ending.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.