[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, was Lost World a good sanic game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Sonic_Lost_World_Wii_U_Box_art.jpg (32 KB, 266x374) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Lost_World_Wii_U_Box_art.jpg
32 KB, 266x374
now that the dust has settled, was Lost World a good sanic game?

prom nights gonna be coming up, and I need a game.
>>
>>339473479
Nope.

Alright Mario game, though.
>>
>>339473479
Maybe, but play Unleashed on 360/PS3, Colors, or Generations first if you haven't.
>>
>Good sonic game

No such thing
>>
>>339473479
It was ok. Shitty level design but good gameplay mechanics and controls. Music is great as usual.
Basically, it had good ideas wasted in a pretty bad level design. It's ironic the best level of the game is the Zelda DLC.
>>
Its a good mario game, even has the same music. Sonic game? Not quite.

>>339473605
Do this instead. If you want something to just last for prom night, play colors or generations. Unleashed will take more time as its a massive game
>>
The level design varied extremely to the point where it seems like it was like 10 different groups making levels for the same game. Some are plain old fun (mainly the open 3D ones)
Others are just really generic and forgettable (mainly the 2D ones)
And then others are completely hit and miss on their gimmick (mostly miss: see the skydiving autoscrollers, stealth, snowball level, etc. but I personally liked the underwater grinding ones)
>>
had a great ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUtGzQK1VYI
>>
>>339474615
I liked the fruit grinding level

I wish there was more 3D levels

Thats the biggest downfall of nu sonic games. Theres way to much fucking 2D and it sucks ass. Im tired of 2D garbage, that shits so overused and boring now
>>
No, Lost World was boring as fuck. Colours and Generations were amazing but they lost their momentum with Lost World.
>>
Parkour controls are a bit wonky, but the OST is better than the playlist you'd hear at prom anyways.
>>
>>339473479
It's mediocre. Don't get the PC version. or do, I don't care.
>>
>>339474869
b4 ppl said sonic had too much 3D and should go back to its 2d roots. maybe it should just retire?ΒΆ|
>>
>>339475608
I liked 2D in unleashed because it was novel and it blended well with the 3D. Every other game after has used 2D in abundance and as a crutch. I hate it. I prefer 3D sonic so its really a double whammy
>>
>>339473479

Anime fans please go
>>
>>339475608
Have literally not heard a single one say that, the only things I've heard is
stop mixing the 3d and 2d all the fucking time, settle on one primary for each level (Done in colours and fairly well done in unleashed but forgotten by generations)
don't make instadeath spike pits in 3d unless you change the angle of the camera
make another 2d only sonic game
Lost World just fucked all of this and just stuck a bit of everything in there
>>
>>339475860
>done in colors
>but only fairly well in unleashed

LMAO
>>
>>339473479
No. If anything it proved that the Mario Galaxy formula sucks and that Nintendo only made it acceptable by putting a ridiculous amount of effort into it.
>>
>>339476338
forgot about unleashed for a second which is why it's tacked on, the grammar is fucked and the order isn't chronological
fuck off cunt I had exams until 8 yesterday and didn't get to eat dinner until 10
>>
>>339476973
no problem buddy! hope your finals went well and dinner was delicious :)
>>
It's boring as fuck, and that's coming from a Sonicfag.
>>
>>339473620
*upboated*
>>
It had some good ideas like parkour, and the regular levels are fun, but in the end its just a mediocre game.
>>
>>339473620
Watch out guys we've got one cooooool customer over here
>>
>>339475608
I'm fairly sure the people saying that Sonic should go back to 2D were talking about having 2D Sonic gameplay, though. The 2D in games like Colors and Lost World is more like they got a few of the interns to make baby's first 2.5D Mario. It's not 2D Sonic at all
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.