[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Distant Worlds Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-05-31_032826.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31_032826.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Did you cash in on the once in a lifetime sale?

>Shabby Ploy
>transport gold
>>
>>339473440
>Did you cash in on the once in a lifetime sale?
No because i'm not dumb enough to pay for single player only games
>>
>>339474923
>still playing multiplayer games
This is an 18+ forum..... kid.
>>
Someone tell me about why this game is good, why should I play this instead of Stellaris, Galactic Civs II or III or the new Master of Orion?
>>
>>339475454
seconding this.
>>
>>339475454
>>339476325
please respond
>>
>>339475454
Distant worlds has a more depth than any of the 4X space games you've listed, stellaris looks much prettier and will probably be the better game in the long run after several DLCs. It's a paradox game after all.

Distant worlds has been out for a very long while so there is plenty of content after several expansion packs were released.

Its UI looks clunky though and isn't visually pleasing but a mile ahead of aurora as far as aesthetics are concerned. At least distant worlds tries to somewhat hide being a spreadsheet simulator.
>>
>>339475454
I personally think it's not good because it has plenty of issues, the biggest being that you break the game's balance if you begin to min-max and micro manage instead of letting AI advisors handle things. Right after starting a new game you can gain a significant advantage over the AI empires by redesigning ships and outposts and from there on it just snowballs onwards.
Then there's the awful UI - it feels unresponsive and stuttery. The game itself also doesn't scale to resolutions, making it awful at anything but 1080p.

What they did right is now races are different from one another and interact with one another, including empire related settings on how to handle diplomacy, migration and assimilation but that doesn't carry the game to a whole new level of enjoyment.
It's better than Stellaris though because Stellaris is lacking half of the features that a 4X should come with and did the other half half-assed as Paradox thought copy-pasting mechanics from their GS titles is a good idea - which it isn't.
>>
File: 1449695119759.png (276 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449695119759.png
276 KB, 512x384
>tfw never could get into Distant Worlds because of the horrible UI and controls

I mean I've played Dwarf Fortress and not even that has UI/controls as shit as this, is there any way past it?
>>
Is there any Space 4x game that will allow me to Basically be the Necrons?
>>
>>339478430
dominion 4
not in space tho so not really necrons per se
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.