[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What species was this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: yampion bundyr.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yampion bundyr.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
Was Gundyr a human? How did he get so big?
>>
Because he is the champ.
>>
Ornstein and Smough were big guys too
>>
>>339458619
Most likely a human, yes.
I think it says somewhere that he was supposed to be the next unkindled one/champion of ash. Also the humanity possession hints that he's a human. Although, the drakes in the Lothric castle got humanity in them as well. I guess it's not a picky eater.
>>
>>339458769
Perhaps for someone like your kind.
>>
>>339458619
The big name humans just seem to be bigger. Artorias, Smough, and Ornstein are all huge when compared to your character.
>>
>>339458769
Your point? They weren't human.
That said enemy size doesnt really matter in DaS.
>>
>>339458769
And Ornstein gets bigger, armor and all, after draining Smou's essence. I guess it's a power level thing.

Seems to be a common thing in anime. One Piece and 'Fist of the North Star' had humans who were huge simply because they're born that way or trained really hard.
>>
He ate a well balanced breakfast. Try it.
>>
>>339459035
>talks about humans
>lists 3 non-humans as examples
wew
>>
He just looks big because of the angle.
>>
>>339458619
>>339459203
The PC in DS3 is just a manlet. Even the regular hollows tower over him/her at almost twice their height.
>>
I felt like the champ was meant to be one of gywns Knights instead of an assassin lady. To me it made sense when I thought about it
>>
>>339458619
His species is CHAMP
>>
File: 1385193615943.jpg (87 KB, 452x486) Image search: [Google]
1385193615943.jpg
87 KB, 452x486
>>339459112

I WILL

I'M GOING TO BE HUGE!
>>
>>339459406
Actually, the PC in DaS3 might be a giant. Think about it, everything in Anor Londo, from the spiral staircase to the O&S boss room is smaller than in DaS1.
>>
>>339459193
>implying Ciaran, my waifu, would fall to interspecies relations
Don't talk to me or my wifes son again.
>>
Isn't it a lore thing of how many souls they consume the bigger they get or something?
I always thought it was a reference to how in old paintings/art for size to represent power.
So gods would be huge as fuck, kings and shit would be right under it, then heroes, then commoners at the bottom.
>>
>>339459616
I'm pretty sure they're the same size. There's even a comparison gif that has one layered on top of the other and they fit perfectly.
>>
>>339458619
The Chosen Undead got huge. It's a boss thing they give you when agree to spend eternity standing in one place until someone comes to kill you.
>>
>>339458769
For thee.
>>
>>339459551
But you will never be a 2hu.
>>
>>339459740
>There's even a comparison gif that has one layered on top of the other and they fit perfectly.
It's not about the size of the area over the other area, it's the perspective of the character that counts.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 745x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 745x749
He's a big guy
>>
>>339458769
>>339458619

<for you
>>
File: 8438478.png (113 KB, 262x312) Image search: [Google]
8438478.png
113 KB, 262x312
>>339459912

You know a big guy when you see one. I like you
>>
Human = hollow transformed by humanity
Lord/god = hollow transformed by a powerful soul
Hollow = natural state of humans and lords

Size is just an indication of power in the Souls mythology
>>
Guys guys guys. I just popped my head in to say that I finally got all 30 of my vertebrae shackles, the warmth pyromancy spell, and the subsequent achievement.

I even got some killer fucking footage of MY invasions too. Gank spanking all day with my vordts great mace. The shadow play 5 minute recall is an awesome feature.

I know you guys don't give a fuck but I had to tell someone because I honestly thought I would be absolute garbage at pvp. Turns out most people don't know how to react to my weapon of choice. Can't tell you the number of people who I smashed into red paste as they try to parry my swings.
>>
>>339462546
>Human = hollow transformed by humanity
But in DS3 you don't hollow without the dark sigil that leaks humanity.
>>
>>339459193
>big guys are not humans meme
Almost all the humanoid characters in Souls series are human. The devs themselves have said the size differences are only to make some major bosses and enemies seem more intimidating.

Gwyn and co. are also human, size only denotes their power. You can see the Witch of Izalith in the opening cutscene of DaS1 and she's much bigger than her daughters. DaS1's opening also says "they came from the Dark", showing hollows (proto-humans), then listing all the Lord souls holders and Pygmy. Big people being human is also supported by the fact they too go hollow, f.ex. Gwyn, Vendrick, Nameless King etc. all go hollow as the First Flame starts going out. The reason why the player character doesn't turn into a big guy despite holding shittons of souls is simply because it'd be hard to implement gameplay wise.
>>
>>339462974
>trying to parry 2h attacks of heavy weapons
You're just fighting the absolute shitters. Seriously, any half-competent player wouldn't get caught by that.
>>
>>339463243
>Gwyn and co. are also human, size only denotes their power.
But this is wrong. Ciaran's dialogue clearly says that the Gwyn's knights aren't humans.
>>
>>339463003
Are you even human anymore in DaS3? I'm not sure if the game itself ever directly states how being unkindled ash is different from being undead, or if it's actually different at all.
>>
File: 1443759147136.jpg (10 KB, 203x152) Image search: [Google]
1443759147136.jpg
10 KB, 203x152
>>339459858
>>
>>339463326
The one guy refused to try anything else. He has the buckler, BK glaive, and the every popular watcher armor. I baited him at first with a 2h r1 from a little out of range. Transition from there to back step running attack, to another back step running attack, to a jumping attack. (Thanks 40 END).

I caught him with both the running attacks and he naturally avoided the jumping. From there I just went for the r1 2 hit stun lock because he healed. Each and every time he would stand there and do for the parry. And eat 450 damage a swing.
>>
>>339458619

>yampion bundyr

the fuck is that?
>>
>>339458619
pewter figure
>>
>>339463607
I've been wondering that myself.
I don't think you are. Even in the linking ending, the Flame doesn't burst into, well, flames, like in the first game. You just barely catch on fire and sit there. The bleeding dark sun doesn't go away either.
>>
Quick lore question: is it ever explained where Champion Gundyr came from? I know he was supposed to be a "Champion" and link the flame, but woke up too late.

But what kingdom/city/province did he come from?

Also, where did he get such elaborate armor?
>>
>>339463003
In DS3 you're an animated piece of ash.
>>
>>339463607
I want to say your actually a descendant of the lords, brought about only when it's time to relink the fire and the Lords aren't doing their fucking job.

Like a biological fail safe device.
>>
>>339463880
I never played demon Souls but the armor says something that is reminiscent of an old king and players who HAVE played demons say the helmet looks a bit like king Dorians (I think that's his name)
>>
File: 1438855428259.jpg (81 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
1438855428259.jpg
81 KB, 500x445
>>339464205
>>
>>339464205

I've never played Demon Souls either, but where does it fit within Dark Souls lore? Like, where in the timeline of the games does it sit?

Also, does anyone else believe the theory that Bloodborne is Dark Souls in the far future?
>>
>>339464790
>the theory that Bloodborne is Dark Souls in the far future
You mean the theory that Bloodborne is Demon's Souls in the far future.
>>
Or perhaps why he pierces the man with his halbert before throwing him out of the stage
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.