[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
What went wrong?
>>
The next decade
>>
>>339455823
Nothing >What went wrong? is a terrible meme, the game was a fucking masterpiece when it released.
>>
not being able to jump
>>
>>339455823

-as the first Zelda in 3D they felt they had to have tutorials up the ass and long, slow explanations for basic gameplay concepts
-z-targeting makes combat too easy, enemies are too polite, combat has no challenge
-in general the game is too slow, too many items, too much pausing, too much handholding
>>
Nintendo made it.
>>
>>339455894
>when it released.
>>
>>339455894
>Masterpiece
>>
Ocarina of time sucks, if it were not for MM , this series would not exist today.
>>
>>339455823
Plot is shit and for the time, it focuses too much on it.
It was easier than LinkĀ“s Awekening and Link to the Past.
Less freedom than the previous games.
Empty overworld started to be a thing, thank god is optional for the most part.
>>
>>339455823
It was a trailblazing game, and that means making mistakes along the way for future games to address.
>>
>>339455823
Nothing. Easily in the top 3 games of all time.
>>
>>339455823
>What went wrong?
Arin "I have the attention span of a goldfish" Handson
>>
>>339455823
Playing this again for the first time in 9 years. I see go fucking bad and aged it is. Its for kids.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 444x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 444x337
The editing of the Fire Temple theme.

Fuck the sand niggers.
>>
>>339457740
And the original mirror shield.
>>
>>339455823
Putting the iron boots as equipment rather than an item.
>>
>>339456128
too much water
>>
>>339455993
This

Also it was way to easy, not enough exploration to keep the pace up, combat was meh, and some enemy didn't work well in 3D.

Good game overall for its time and even now, but nowhere near perfect.
>>
>>339455823
They forgot the triforce
>>
Tried to hard with the isometric camera angles in town to be like FF7.

Not as open world as everyone thinks, most of the game is a giant empty field you go back and forth between, literally Wind Waker tier overworld map and worse.

Other than that, nostalgia really pushes this game over 6/10.
>>
>>339455823
can't adjust the camera angle
>>
>>339457740

Thanks for reminding me to play a 1.0 rom next time I play OoT
>>
>>339455894
>when it was released
it's still the best videogame ever made.
>>
>>339459929
Hi egoraptor.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.