[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you enjoy games, if the creator is a massive SJW? Or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 31
File: hyperlight drifter.png (470 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
hyperlight drifter.png
470 KB, 540x675
Can you enjoy games, if the creator is a massive SJW?

Or is it too hard for you to get past
>>
>30FPS
>>
>>339446725
I have no problems enjoying music, or movies, or books even if the creators are horrible people. So I don't see why video games would be any different.
>>
My mate brought this game over after much praise and I couldn't get over how boring and badly designed it was.
>>
I don't pay attention to the personalities of creators.

Letting the creation speak for itself is the best option. "Oh this song is made by a racist? Whatever it sounds good. Oh this game is made by some femcuck? Whatever the shoot bang is fun"
>>
>>339446860
I don't understand

It looks like an atari game
>>
This literally the kind of game, artists would create. All visual flair with somewhat bland gameplay
>>
File: Hyper-Light-Drifter.jpg (115 KB, 800x555) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-Light-Drifter.jpg
115 KB, 800x555
>>339446871
as long as theyre not murderers or bobby kotick, then i'm cool too
>>
Nah I just separate the art from the artist.

Plenty of film directors or musicians I love have completely abhorrent political beliefs but I just ignore it.
>>
As long as their dumb views don't taint the overall product too much.
I greatly enjoyed Life is Strange, for example, and the game clearly shows what kind of people are behind such a project. Didn't bother me too much.
>>
I can't enjoy the game because the creator cucked everyone out of most of the content.
>>
No. If I know a developers political views then chances are they're being a fucking attention whore about it and talking about it all the time.

Fuck people like that.
>>
>>339446725
i cant enjoy this game because it fucking sucks
>>
>>339446725
so... whos the creator of this game? what makeshim such an sjw?

ive never hearif this game and jusging from screen shots looks rather mediocre.
>>
>>339446725

SJWs were literally boycotting Shadow Complex because the story was loosely based off of Ender's Game.
>>
File: negrodancer.jpg (196 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
negrodancer.jpg
196 KB, 600x400
>>339446725
I enjoyed crypt of the necrodancer a lot even though the guy who made it is apparently a big time Anita dicksucker. I just like videogames, I don't care how dumb your politics are as long as you make a good game.

Though it does kind of explain why the character designs were so fucking bland.
>>
It doesn't matter unless the game itself is somehow trying to shove their beliefs down your throat.
>>
>>339448794
who cares?
>>
>>339448794
Good. Enders Game is terrible.
>>
>>339448345
9 times out of 10 if I know about a dev's political views its because the threads are filled with some autistic shitposter repeatedly yelling THE DEV IS A SJW IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME YOU ARE LITERALLY A KEK

why do people do this?
>>
>>339446725
thats a bad fucking game, and jesus christ, 30 FPS? WHY
>>
>>339448974
its fun to gossip
>>
Yeah, I just won't pay for it though.
>>
hwy would i care what the creator thinks op.

judge games on their merit and nothing else
>>
>>339448951
I thought it was a pretty good sci-fi war story, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>339446725
If you can't enjoy a good game because of the dev's political opinions, you ARE the SJW.
>>
File: tmp_1449027401740-2127586358.png (995 KB, 706x530) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1449027401740-2127586358.png
995 KB, 706x530
>>339448794
This is fucking hilarious in-context:

https://www.destructoid.com/should-we-boycott-shadow-complex--145354.phtml

>Should we boycott Shadow Complex?

>by Jim Sterling

>However, before we ask the question, "Should we boycott Shadow Complex?", we have to ask ourselves this, "Should we boycott anything involving someone whose political opinions we disagree with?"

>If your answer to that question is yes, then you need to seriously rethink how you participate in the world.

>by
>Jim
>Sterling
>>
>>339449125
fuck that, im not supporting faggots.
>>
Don't care as long as it doesn't show in the game itself.
>>
>>339449090
that's not gossip, that's being a sperg and actively trying to kill video game discussion
>>
>>339446725
How is the creator an SJW? I haven't heard anything on him
>>
>>339449203
since when did neo/v/ ever cared about discussing videogames?
>>
>>339449179
then you're no better than the SJWs you claim are ruining your hobby
>>
>>339446725
If you like having rights and freedom and can't enjoy content by people who are opinions that you don't agree with then I hope you don't watch anything involving Jackie Chan.
>>
>>339449280
yes I am
>>
I regret supporting the kikestarter.
>>
I love FEZ, dislike (not HATE) Phil Fish
>>
>>339449090
Are you a woman?
>>
>>339446725
>IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN VIDEO GAMES JOURNALISM GUYS
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>339449328
whatever Jackie's opinions are, I'm sure I agree with them
>>
>>339449280
oh golly gee you sure proved me wrong, I now see the error of my ways. thanks to you ill surely change my mind. ...
>>
If you have ever cared about anything not gaming related about the dev of a game, you are a giant faggot.

If the game is good, who the fuck cares what the devs do or say or think?

If you care about that shit, you are a huge problem in the industry.

If there is some agenda shown through the game that is blatant, and not just paranoia conspiracy spewed by faggots on the internet, then yeah the game is trash. So don't play it if you don't want to.

Looking for something to complain about or a reason to start shit is why the industry is awful now. You are part of the problem.

If the game is fun and doesn't bother you, play it.

Stop trying to humanize the devs of a video game, they aren't your friend, they will never be your friend, so why in the ever loving fuck do you care about their habits, hobbies, favorite sex position, favorite movie, their first crush, their favorite cereal, their favorite lego set from the 90s, their favorite nick at night show, etc.

Play the game and shut the fuck up goddamn.

You faggot.
>>
>>339446725
>if the creator is a massive SJW?
No.
Because they will try to push propagandas in their game.
Imagine if mario try to push agendas.
Making mario transgendered, prefer the term Xe.
>"It's-a xe, Mario!"
or imagine it's right wing propaganda
>"Lynch-a the nigga"

It will be shitty
>>
>>339449385
no
>>
>>339447129
he simply goofed.
lesson learned.

Gamemaker has you lock the framerate in on a project when you start and your timings are based off that, he made the wrong assumption that since he wasn't animating at 60fps, he wouldn't need 60fps.
>>
>>339446725
>>339446970
>>339447735
>>339448345
>>339449179
>>339449347
tell me again how gamergate doesn't harass women
>>
>>339449385
are you /r9k/?
>>
>>339449417
He's a giant mouthpiece for China
>>
Everyone does shit you don't like, most just don't broadcast it to the world.
If you hate a game just because of the creators political opinions that aren't related to the game, then you're not much better.

Except for capcom.
They're permanently on my shitlist.
>>
>>339449546
we stopped saying that after the alison drama
>>
>>339449417
My point was a lot more that a creator's personal beliefs shouldn't really be considered when judging material made unless he's pushing it onto whatever.
>>
>>339446725
why do indietrash devs keep using this SAME EXACT art style? not sure if Titan Souls is made by the same hack but I torrented that game, booted it up to see the terrible art style and immediately uninstalled. they play it off as paying homage to retro games but it looks like it has 10x less effort and heart put into it than SNES or even some GBA sprite work, it's a joke really.
>>
>>339447129
It's an issue when using Game Maker, it uses 30fps locking by default and if you don't catch it early you need to rework a large portion of the game so most games that make that minor mistake real early on never fix it (Hyper Light Drifer and Nuclear Throne being the prime examples)
>>
>>339449546
what

my comment was how the creator of this game blatantly shipped a product that didn't have most of what was promised.

What does this have to do with GG?
>>
>>339446860
With drops.
>>
File: banner saga.png (2 MB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
banner saga.png
2 MB, 1920x1018
>>339449347
>after Shovel Knight
>after The Banner Saga
>after Expeditions: Conquistador
>after FTL
>after Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
>after Shadowrun Returns
>after Volgarr the Viking
>after Octodad: Deadliest Catch
>after Mercenary Kings
>after Xenonauts
>after Divinity: Original Sin
>after Freedom Planet
>after Wasteland 2
>after Awesomenauts: Starstorm
>after Lisa
>after Sunless Sea
>after War for the Overworld
>after Chroma Squad
>after Undertale
>after Skyshine's Bedlam
>after Hard West
>after Darkest Dungeon
>after all this people still blanketly say kickstarter was a mistake when it's given us plenty of awesome games that may never have been made otherwise
>>
>>339449452
ah ues, the coice of "reason". He we have the typical holier than art thou faggot telling it how it is. Wow, bravo, so brave. so strong.

fuck you and the horse you rode in on. cuck. top kek
>>
i was hyped for this game but what we got was shit. if the developer delivered what was promised, it might have been good. what we got was more incomplete than xenogears disc 2
>>
>>339449717
Dude was just saying that he regretted supporting the Hyper Light kickstarter, not kickstarter as a whole.

I fucked up and backed Operation Takedown and Tim Schaefer's meh as shit game but that hasn't stopped me from backing better games.
>>
>>339449546
who said anything aboutwomen?

i just called the supposed creator of said game a faggot.

lesbians are notfaggots. they are dikes you stupid cuck. that is all i have to say in my defence you cuck.
>>
>>339449417
he's always been extremely nationalistic

doesn't change my opinion of him though, its his country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBcQA9A3zA
>>
>>339446725
No, because SJWs tend to make terrible games I don't have fun playing and regret even momentarily wasting hard drive space on.

Another perspective I have is that if the person making the game feels a need to tell everyone their political opinions, their game is going to be shit.
>>
>>339449717
>awesomenauts starstorm

Because the map was totally worth the weight right?
>>
>>339449563
Jackie Chan isn't a mouthpiece for China, he's literally a member of the Chinese Communist Party and traitor to the people of Hong Kong. His products should be boycotted. Lefty feelings police type people aren't harmless, but they're not close to that level.
>>
>>339449984
well it did allow them to continue supporting the game and making new characters
>>
>>339449328
you speak as if he created anything of value to watch.
>>
>>339447308
>He doesn't listen to Burzum
>>
If Hitler programmed Tetris, would you still play it?
>>
>>339446725
If said devs are sjw's and keep to their selves?

Sure, dont care

If said devs calls me a shithead for liking the things i enjoy?

Yeah... i probably wouldn't buy their games
>>
>>339450138
I dare you to name three jackie chan movies not worth watching
>>
>>339449280
tit-for-tat
>>
>>339450152
well hitler did nothing wrong, he was a vegeterian, helped charities and created several public works that transformed a crippled nation and poeple to power... so yes. yes i would play his games.
>>
File: 1302011289591.gif (1 MB, 227x136) Image search: [Google]
1302011289591.gif
1 MB, 227x136
>>339449717
>tfw Freedom planet devs did so well they're making a sequel without kikestarter bux
>>
>>339449280
Imagine I posted that image that says "You know who are just as bad as the SJWs? The anti-SJWs who complain and dislike things!"
>>
>>339450138
He has, but that's not the point.

If you are going to dislike someone for their beliefs and won't give the shit they creations any sort of chance because of the person behind it then I hope you are consistent with your beliefs and practices.
>>
>>339450149
Varg's musical output has been pretty shit since he got out of prison and his RPG was just ass.
>>
>>339449452
no
keep your dumb opinions to yourself if you don't want them to influence people's impressions of you and your shit
>>
>>339449170
>later says it's ok to doxx and harass people you don't agree with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK_seJ8Ec_4
>>
>>339449735
I think you need to go in the corner with your dunce cap and think about what you've said. Maybe that way, the next time you open your mouth you won't be a spergtastic embarrassment to your family.
>>
>>339448794
Does shadow complex get more fun at some point? Like, do I get more movement options later on?
Shooting things in the background/foreground works terribly, too.

I don't understand why this game was so well-liked. It half-decent. You could play SotN on 360 instead and have more fun.
>>
>>339450328
good argument
>>
>>339446725
This was so hyped but i never heard anything from it post release. There was like 1 thread then nothing. What's the deal

I think Fez is still a good game despite Fish and creator / creation should be held independent, but i intentionally didn't buy The Witness because Blow is a cunt. It's more a matter of principle than anything.
>>
>>339450302
its strange, the only games on that list to get sequels are banner saga, expeditions conquistador, and freedom planet yet all three are being done without additional kickstarters

I wonder if kickstarting a game really is as immensely stressful as bald nervous breakdown cigar man made it out to be.
>>
>>339450232
fuck i dunno the names to em, been a awhile since i saw any of his shit.

let see, the time where he was working with the cowboy... and again working with the cowboy.

and those other times working with the girly talking negro.

then there was that awful dubbed movie where he was an undercover cop.

i mean looking back, they were rather mediocre. his stunts were pretty cool but , who cares? there are tons of chinese stuntmen. and tons of martial art movies that are better than any movie he ever starred in
>>
>>339450450
is it well-liked?

I remember a ton of hype, then it all deflated when people actually got to play it
>>
>>339448974
Because i hate them and want everyone to hate them too, i'm literally that petty.
>>
>>339448794
how are they boycotting shadow complex? it's not a new game it's been out for a while now.
>>
>>339450557
there was more than 1 thread, there were a bunch of threads trying to figure out what the fuck happened in the story

it got more threads than banner saga 2, that's for sure
>>
File: 1354937245758.gif (92 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1354937245758.gif
92 KB, 500x377
>>339448823
I mirror this person's sentiments. Crypt of the Necrodancer is an extremely polished, smart game with a great soundtrack. But I'm still disgusted to see Zoe Quinn in the fucking trailer for it on the Steam Store page & Anita's name attached as having "approved' the character designs.
>>
>>339450450
I don't know why people liked it either. It was ugly, breaking the boundary of the plane situationally is a really odd choice, and the writing is not very good.
>>
>>339449280
Nah, the world would be better off if SJW's just didn't support or ignored what they didn't like

Good try with the typical "le two sides of the same coin" strawman though, cunt.
>>
>>339450723
It was released on Steam not long ago, and they went around telling people not to buy the game.
>>
>>339450749
it was also about the best use of early access I've seen, they withheld quite a lot of content and polish for the launch so it really felt like it had been worth the weight.

But yeah I agree it was disappointing, and what the fuck was with that story?
>>
>>339450450
It's an above average Metroidvania, and yes you do end up getting better movement options.

Epic actually released the PC version for free a little while ago and I believe it's coming to Steam soon.
>>
>>339449328
It's been 50+ years and he still can't speak english clearly, who cares what he thinks.
>>
>>339450772
if you dislike a game for ideological reasons, you're probably a faggot
>>
>>339450658
Maybe it's cause I didn't play it until it was free on PC end of last year, but I remember seeing positive stuff about it on other sites.
>>
>>339450074
You do know that Hong Kong is a part of China right?

And Jackie is just supporting his government, exactly like you do when you shill for Bernie or Hilary.
>>
>>339450772
you're literally taking a page from their book, don't pretend you aren't

You say the world would be better if SJWs ignored what they don't like, well how about you take your own advice?
>>
>>339450859
oh man, this sounds like a some juicy gossip

tell me everything so I can feel all angry and indignant
>>
>>339450749
whoa seriously? fuck that shit then.
>>
>>339450919
>And Jackie is just supporting his government, exactly like you do when you shill for Bernie or Hilary.
So that's why Jackie Chan was such a britaboo before 1997, right?
>>
>>339450961
>well how about you take your own advice?
I don't like this game because its made by a massive SJW

Because I don't like it, I choose not to buy it

And then I get called a faggot, not only by SJWs but by sanctimonious cunts like you
>>
>>339450860
It was a perfect example of the Galbrush copypasta, where only men can be flawed and interesting and stand out, and women have to be perfect, flawless Mary Sues so women can feel empowered by them.

It's super forgettable bullshit anyways, I just ignore it. Too focused on not dying to fucking COINS as a monk on chapter 4
>>
>>339450961
fight fire with fire.
>>
>>339451032
why do you care?
>>
>>339451198
You do realize what that phrase really refers to, right?
>>
>>339451181
>playing as monk
sorry I enjoy having fun

never could beat the game with aria unfortunately, I think I would have been ok with her if she had just been 1hp dagger onry but the die if you miss a beat just tilts it too far into no fun allowed territory for me.

>>339451198
water is much more effective at fighting fire than fire
>>
>>339451032
pirate it, it's a fun game. I sort of care about having Steam achievements personally. I get the feeling that the devs did the little "indie circuit" ring kissing and convention touring for business and commercial success, but don't really believe all the women bullshit. It's dudes who made a fun music game, that did well enough the gave a few charity dollars to talentless ladies for community management that lead to more sales
>>
>>339451181
Galbrush Copypasta?
>>
>>339446725
It's certain possible if the actual game is good enough. I'd pirate it on the spot though. Thing is I can't think of a game that was made by an SJW that was actually good.
>>
>>339451407
Aria's very fun in chapter three because you have to approach the ice and enemies very differently due to the constant fear of the beat, but it is hard. I'd keep trying. I find the levels easy, the bosses hard.
>>
File: galbrush.jpg (94 KB, 600x471) Image search: [Google]
galbrush.jpg
94 KB, 600x471
>>339451509
He's talking about this unless there is another variant around
>>
>>339450589
Only when they are overwhelmingly successful and the creators come to the dumbest fucking decision they could make when doing a kick starter. Promise shit they didn't plan out before hand.
>>
>>339451509
Someone else can post it, but the gist of it is Guybrush Threepwood was a spindly, cowardly, knucklehead of a character and the flaws made him interesting and great, but if you genderswapped him to a woman and tried to make her the same character with all the flaws and imperfections it would be protested and criticised to hell and back by feminists. This leads to most women characters being bland heroes, and it's a cultural problem.
>>
>>339451528
grim fandango?
deus ex?
unreal tournament?
>>
File: shantae.jpg (111 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
shantae.jpg
111 KB, 640x383
>>339451621
I'm disinclined to agree with him because of purple anime boobs, she's basically galbrush in Pirate's curse.
>>
File: WaGreenMario.png (23 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
WaGreenMario.png
23 KB, 380x247
>>339450302
>tfw Freedom Planet devs did what they said they'd do with the kickstarter money
>tfw they didn't just ask for handouts but they're taking their work seriously

Man, I hope the next game is just as good.
>>
File: 1398008991213.gif (16 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
1398008991213.gif
16 KB, 320x288
>>339451621
>>339451723
mah nigga. didn't know it came in kikebook-flavor
>>
>>339450919
Implying that supporting the Chinese Communist Party's threats against Hong Kongers' rights and being an official member of a genocidal authoritarian regime is equivalent to voting for a US presidential candidate or some SJW shit.
>>
>>339450364
>and his RPG was just ass

???

Care to elaborate? You got me interested in what an RPG made by a black metal nerd is like.
>>
>>339451806
SJWs hate Shantae
>>
>>339451923
That's like, just their culture. Don't judge.
>>
>>339451806
it's a niche title from an indie company that's regularly roasted by feminists and white knight critics, so take that into consideration.
>>
>>339451806
I find it's generally true with alot of modern stuff, just look at Rey in the new star wars compared to Luke. Everything she does she's successful at, Luke is berated, told off and gets rekt. The scene where Rey / Poe are captured is another good one because Poe gets tortured and is all beaten up but in the same scene Rey is not only uninjured but breaks out. Nadine in uncharted is another example. Misogyny is treating a woman like a man
>>
>>339451923
I really was shocked by Beijing's heavy handed actions in Hong Kong in 2014. It was so outside of the realpolitik regarding Taiwan that it just made no sense to me. After 2014 any idea of unification with Taiwan under a one nation two systems arrangement is absolutely unthinkable.

Twenty years of rapprochement down the fucking drain.
>>
>>339451948
>You got me interested in what an RPG made by a black metal nerd is like.
It's less black metal nerd, more overtly racist neo-nazi nerd.

https://myfarog.org/
>>
If anything, I'd love for their views to show in the game. I play for gameplay but my main hobby is literature and the worst way you can fuck up is by not having a message. You need to have a story to tell if you want anyone to listen. Don't hold back because someone may disagree with you, and don't refuse to hear someone out simply because they hold a different opinion.

>>339449385
I don't think women gossip nearly as much as /v/ with all the fucking e-celebs and gaming community drama.
>>
>>339452090
I've really been hoping that the twist in the new star wars movies is that Rey ends up turning to the dark side and its up to CRAWLING IN MY SKIN to stop her.
>>
File: 1387304575180.jpg (867 KB, 2000x1093) Image search: [Google]
1387304575180.jpg
867 KB, 2000x1093
>>339452015
I thought Wayforward was fairly well liked across the board.
>>
File: li-gay-pride-parade-620.jpg (187 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
li-gay-pride-parade-620.jpg
187 KB, 620x349
>>339451923
>>339452117
>Hong Kong
>not the cucks of the Sino world
>>
>>339452015
>>339451978
is that a fact? I was unaware of that, what a shame.

You know, Shantae games may have their problems but I can't ever really hate a game that does something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrkBvJsTiTA
>>
>>339452260
Fuck off.
>>
>>339452260
stop being edgy please
>>
>>339451806
Shantae is love. Shantae is life.
>>
>>339452260
4chan is a queer-friendly space
>>
>>339452501
back to tumblr, Nigel Chen.
>>
>>339446725
The problem with HLD isn't the creator being a SJW, it's the game being a shallow, mediocre product that completely scrapped a significant amount of the features promised in the Kickstarter, including stretch goals.
>>
>>339452391
>what a shame
not at all, they know their audience, pander directly to them, and don't give a fuck what other people think. That's part of their appeal as a company, they don't cater to non-customers. They like sexy women, make games about them that are actually fun even if you took out the titties, and don't give a fuck what the moral panickers do or say.
>>
>>339452708
now if only they could make a game as good as shovel knight
>>
>>339451146
Because you aren't ignoring it you dumb ass; if you ignored it and didn't post shit no one would complain about anything you're doing.
>>
>>339446725

This game sucked anyways, developer doesn't matter
>>
>>339452260
so what faction from /pol/ actually carries water for the mainland chinese oligarchy
>>
File: contra_4_boxart.jpg (63 KB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
contra_4_boxart.jpg
63 KB, 478x360
>>339452813
get fucked, shovelcuck
>>
>>339452872
/pol/ doesn't give a fuck, it just lashes out at anything that appears vaguely liberal these days
>>
File: 1399163500698.jpg (9 KB, 272x224) Image search: [Google]
1399163500698.jpg
9 KB, 272x224
>>339452593
one of them has a podcast and spent a fucking HOUR interviewing Zoe Quinn, kissing her ass the entire fucking time.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/playscape/episodes/zoe-quinn
>>
>>339452942
that was uncalled for
>>
>>339452863
It didn't suck though. It was good.
>>
>>339453075

It was like a Zelda game but worse in every way
>>
>>339452813
I disagree with what you say, but defend your right to say it
>>
>>339446725
At this point no, I won't support someone when they can't respect their customers enough to keep their political bullshit out of it

You don't see Blizzard or EA or any other shitty developer/publisher that sells millions of games puking their political bullshit all over their customers

Why? Because they'd lose customers

So in this case they choose to spout it, so they'll have to live with the consequences of doing that

And the consequence is me not being interested in their games whatsoever, regardless of what the game is actually like
>>
File: 1445284499826.jpg (527 KB, 1101x1742) Image search: [Google]
1445284499826.jpg
527 KB, 1101x1742
How could anyone not like Shantae.
>>
>>339453113
But it's not like a Zelda game. For starters, the combat is actually fun.
>>
File: ea spectrum.jpg (110 KB, 723x241) Image search: [Google]
ea spectrum.jpg
110 KB, 723x241
>>339453140
>You don't see Blizzard or EA or any other shitty developer/publisher that sells millions of games puking their political bullshit all over their customers
haha what
>>
File: img_0946-1.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_0946-1.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>339452872
>>339452976
Hong Kuck is SJW: the country. full of brainwashed chinks from Western propaganda, who worship worthless hippie dopers like John Lennon.

a land where BBC is replaced with BWC, and rather than white self hatred, it's Han self loathing.

get it together.

inb4 .50¢ deposited into my East West bank account
>>
>>339453115
shantae is fun but there's way too much backtracking that just feels like padding, and the combat feels awkward and not very satisfying

I've always preferred these games when they're a much more linear affair, a well designed level with a boss at the end. Like castlevania 3 for example. SK really executed that kind of game perfectly imo, there aren't really others that scratch that itch for me unfortunately.
>>
>>339450425

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>339453140
is this bait?

have you forgotten the way we're so progressive was used to deflect criticism against ME3?

have you forgotten about tracer's butt?
>>
>>339453561
>inb4 .50¢ deposited into my East West bank account
nobody here knows anything about China, we have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. I don't think there's anything to shill for, nobody cares about slant-eye countries, especially when they don't make games.
>>
>>339446725
I pirate them. They don't deserve my money if they fucking thank Anita in the credits of their games.
>>
>>339453561
is this what mainland chinese tell themselves to ease the pain of repression, lash out at the freest territory under their governments auspices?
>>
>>339453783
why don't they deserve your money?
>>
>>339453839
not an argument
>>
>>339446725

I had fun with HLD. I didn't even notice the SJW stuff until /v/ bitched about it. Luckily I was already done with the game by then.

Was I the only one to find the actual bosses a lot easier than getting TO them?

Like, some of the rooms had me dying a dozen times but rarely did the bosses need more than 3 or 4 attempts.
>>
>>339453907
yet "hurrdurr faggots" evidently is?
>>
>>339453561
my guess is you're singaporean living in the commonwealth while studying
also what you call "sjws" are usually some degenerate form of jacobins with heads full of bad continental european philosophy of french and german origin
the structure of hong kong's economy would give them fits
>>
>>339446725

>Can you enjoy a burger, if the chef is a massive Musilm?
>Or is it too hard for you to get past
>>
>>339453561
Yes, much better to live under the rule of whoever's doing the purging in the Communist Party, till they get purged.
>>339453726
the CCP pays shitloads of people to post pro-CCP stuff all over the internet, 50 cents a post or something.
>>
>>339448794
I don't know what Ender's Game is. Why does it trigger tumblr? Is it about Hitler's thousand year Reich or something?
>>
>>339454109
can you enjoy a burger, if the chef is a massive vegan?
enjoy your soybeans
>>
>>339454305
never read it myself, but my guess is that its because Orson Scott Card is a conservative.
>>
>>339454305
the author opposed legalizing gay marriage, because he's a massive insecure mormon
it makes them upset that he still continues to exist, but they're going to vote for hillary, who also opposed gay marriage, but because she's an opportunist and not out of some misguided conviction
>>
>>339454412
>because Orson Scott Card is a mormon

fix'd
>>
>>339451230
Because generally if a SJWs game is successful they'll gain a platform to push their ideology. SJWs are utterly joyless human beings and lack empathy but they try to emulate it. Thats why they can't ever take a joke. They'll use their success to worm their way onto other projects so that they can bully other developers though identity politics and create no fun allowed games.
>>
>>339454305
its a sci-fi novel about a genius boy who's torn from his family and sent to a military academy at an extremely young age where he learns how to fight in zero g, endures some hardships, command soldiers, and eventually space navies in preparation for a war against aliens. In the end he's commanding a space navy in what he thought was a training exercise leading a fleet outnumbered a thousand to one battle against the enemy home fleet in orbit around their homeworld where he's actually able to prevail and destroy the alien planet. It turns out it wasn't a training exercise and he was actually commanding real fleets the whole time and just wiped out an entire species. It also turns out that species had started the war due to a misunderstanding and weren't actually bad guys.

Its mostly hated because the guy who wrote it has very extremist views about homosexuality, which is kind of ironic because there are some very homoerotic undertones in the book.
>>
>>339454720
would you recommend that book to someone who enjoyed Starship Troopers?
>>
>>339454305
Ender's Game the book is fine, there's some interpretations of it being apologetic to the acts of western colonialism but whatever.

Orson Scott Card, the author, is however a pretty hardcore mormon and really likes talking about his views on homosexuality, most notably that it's directly related to pedophilia. .
>>
File: 1487071650840923721.jpg (23 KB, 800x387) Image search: [Google]
1487071650840923721.jpg
23 KB, 800x387
>>339453140
>You don't see Blizzard or EA or any other shitty developer/publisher that sells millions of games puking their political bullshit all over their customers
>>
>>339454816
Not that anon, but yeah. Starship Troopers is a bit more straightforward adventure, but Ender's Game should scratch that same itch.
>>
>>339454851
>Orson Scott Card, the author, is however a pretty hardcore mormon and really likes talking about his views on homosexuality, most notably that it's directly related to pedophilia.
How is this wrong?
>>
>>339454816
the starship troopers book? Probably, it has the same "the making of a marine" angle and a fair bit more action than ST thankfully.
>>
>>339454857
Didn't that message first show up to cover Ubisoft's ass in Assasin's creed because of fears about its setting causing backlash from Muslims?
>>
>>339454975
don't you have some drawings of little girls to fap to
>>
>>339454975
It's pretty much false and is derived primarily from his cooky religion.
>>
File: sue sakamoto face.jpg (2 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
sue sakamoto face.jpg
2 KB, 96x96
I genuinely liked this game even if I was disappointed with it. I mean I get some of the complaints but at the end of the day it had good boss fights, a lot of general freedom, a decently large overworld to explore, pretty visuals, and genuine challenge.

My main disappointment was the music and the story. I expected the game to be more story oriented than it was, like there'd be some big epic reveal. But the game was too obtuse and barely focused on it at all. I thought I would be exploring the ruins of a lost civilization trying to uncover clues of what would happen and that never happened.

I still liked it overall though and don't understand the overall dislike of the game. It doesn't have a lot of the promised content and its 30FPS, but neither break the game itself.
>>
File: livilla.jpg (35 KB, 182x188) Image search: [Google]
livilla.jpg
35 KB, 182x188
>>339454975
stop
>>
>>339455059
i prefer drawings of grown up girls thank you very much
>>
>>339455025
Yes, but it gradually changed and the gender identities shit was only added in Syndicate.
>>
>>339454975
Go away /pol/
>>
>>339446725
I only play games with tits in them so I'm pretty sure that counts out SJW devs altogether. I wouldn't know anyway, since I only play the games, I don't give a shit about the individual people who make it.
>>
>>339455181
who cares

in fact for all our talk about wanting to be little girls, i'm surprised there's so much outcry over trans shit
>>
>>339455284
There's a clear difference between the idea of a magical transformation into a cute little girl and people getting their bodies mutilated to pretend they're a different gender when science cannot adequately provide that.
>>
>>339455284
Not him but I don't actually mind if someone is trans or anything and find the general controversy surrounding it of late to be weird and silly. My only issue with the whole trans thing is that many are trying to normalize it and call it out as being a non-mental illness due to what is considered socially acceptable instead of following science.

Overall trans people are fine with me and I have a friend who's trans who I get along with fairly well.

Also, no amount of HRT, surgery, meds, and whatever will ever revert your age. You will never be the little girl no matter what changes about your body.
>>
>>339446725
How is not playing a game because one of the devs is a "SJW" any better than an SJW refusing to play a game because they think the devs are racist or sexist?
>>
>>339452260
What's worse? Cucks or commies?
>>
>>339455284
anon the problem arises when you tell other people how to perceive you
other problems come from exposure to internet trannies that are often complete mental cases and sometimes deranged sex perverts, and if normies were ever actually exposed to them there'd probably be a big push to fund an increase in mental institutions
oh and obviously /pol/acks just hate anything that is different from them
>>
>>339455680
Cucks enable commies. But commies create cucks. It's a vicious cycle
>>
>>339455427
so basically you're saying it's alright if it's magical
>>
>>339455736
Yeah, basically.
>>
>>339446725
>Can you enjoy games, if the creator is a massive SJW?

If their game isn't trying to shove a political message or propaganda, then I don't care. An example is: Undertale. It was made by an extreme SJW and it didn't cram things like religious themes, or acceptance messages.

It just showed you that not everything is a kill or be killed situation and I liked it over all. However, the opposite in something like The Banner Saga 2; where womyn are thrown your way and you can't voice any dissent without the game chastising you for being a misogynistic retard. Avoided it like the plague, even though I did play and enjoy the first Banner Sage.

I guess many others felt like I did, cause I haven't seen anyone talk about Banner Saga 2, even as a joke. Banner Saga 1 was liked by many here and else where, yet with the gameplay improvements Banner Saga 2 has over 1, it's telling how it bombed cause of its political message.
>>
>>339455772
that seems kind of absurd when the only real difference is the totality of the transformation
>>
>>339455809
>Undertale
>made by an extreme SJW
Pretty sure any time someone has asked him "SJW" questions he's replied to not comment.
http://existentialgamer.com/interview-toby-fox-undertale
>>
>>339455634
>Also, no amount of HRT, surgery, meds, and whatever will ever revert your age.
yet
>>
>>339455284
> i'm surprised there's so much outcry over trans shit

I'd like to believe that it has more to do with the trans individuals that bring attention to themselves in the gaming world being shitbags and/or charlatans than anything else.
>>
File: head-scratch.jpg (32 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
head-scratch.jpg
32 KB, 473x355
What's so sjw about HLD?
And don't say what I think you're going to say about it which has NOTHING to do with the gameplay and story.
>>
>>339455809
toby isn't a SJW, he's a jew

he made his game to pander to SJWs and furries to maximize profits, not because he's a SJW (he is a furfag though lol)
>>
>>339455990
I think the implication of the thread is that the game is ok but the developer is a sjw, even if the game doesn't feature any political commentary.
>>
>>339455902
That's a significant difference. One is a complete transformation into a little girl and the other is a half-baked mutilation of your body that doesn't come close to the real thing.
>>
>>339446725
if he's professional and doesn't puts his SJW bullshit in the game, totally
if he does, fuck his game then
>>
>>339456195
>half-baked mutilation
that's some loaded language anon, most trans don't even have surgery
>>
File: 20160429125526_1.jpg (182 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
20160429125526_1.jpg
182 KB, 1536x864
>>339455809
you're talking out of your ass anon, it really shows that you didn't play it

the female warrior is a hideous ogre who is abusive towards her subordinates, aggressively flirts with her commander even though he's made clear his lack of interest and falls apart when ordered to make a last stand.

Explain to me when the game calls you a misogynistic retard. If you play as Alette your caravan falls apart because no one wants to follow a woman.
>>
>>339456397
Then they're glorified cross dressers
>>
>>339456191
no, there are criticisms to be made of the game over its visual design (shit understanding of perspective, poor readability due to a lack of outlines, ugly as color), its shit "music," the locked 30fps framerate, the lack of features promised in the crowdfunding campaign, the cut content, the repetitive gameplay, and so on and so forth
but personally i don't care what you spend your money on and i hate repeating threads, which is what a discussion of the game entails
>>
>>339446725
The game looks great and combat is somewhat enjoyable but level navigation is a chore, movement isn't very responsive and the world didn't hook me in so I dropped it in half an hour.
>>
File: Nomi_Sense8_Netflix.jpg (255 KB, 760x472) Image search: [Google]
Nomi_Sense8_Netflix.jpg
255 KB, 760x472
>>339456397
>most trans don't even have surgery
How late in life they start to transition also has a massive effect.

But some trans people just don't put any effort into it. Picture unrelated.
>>
Who are these SJW boogymen you niggers keep talking about?

Anyways. with anything i enjoy. if the creator is a complete asshole or total faggot like phill fish or anthony burch i wont buy their game even if it's decent because my personal view on the person overshadows their work.

Howver, there's some cases where if something has been around a long time, rebooted, ect. i won't care if the original creator is a racist or an asshole. like lovecraft for example who was apparently said to be racist. it wont stomp me from enjoying things themed after his work because he's been dead for awhile
>>
File: HORSE PUSSY.jpg (174 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
HORSE PUSSY.jpg
174 KB, 1536x864
>>339455809
oh also, banner saga 2 didn't bomb, according to stoic it sold better than the first one

there were some good lore discussion threads when it came out
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/335389685
>>
File: 1462882690869.gif (499 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
1462882690869.gif
499 KB, 500x258
>>339456545
>The Visuals and music are shit.
>>
>>339456734
would you like to compare wisc and wais-iii scores anon
>>
>>339456191
Oh. Well I don't follow him on any social media shit and only got backer updates so I don't know what he's said that would label him as a esjay.

Personally there's this bitch on YouTube that spouts tumblr sjw bullshit all the time I just want her to fuck off, but I like some of her art she's drawn. Don't see how someone would get all upset over this shit if it doesn't interfere with anything.
>>
>>339449717
>makes a list and half of the games are literal cancer
>>
>>339457005
feel free to elaborate on your shit opinions anon
>>
>>339457005
Look Mom! I'm being contrarian on /v/ everybody thinks I'm really cool and original!
>>
>>339456463
Hormones make a big difference, anon.
>>
>>339449656
It's a meme at this point I think. I've seen this in several threads now, where someone will lead the OP with some hot political opinions, posters respond with "actually we just care about games being good", then someone quotes a bunch of those posts and says something anti-GG in a way that reveals either brain damage, false flagging or just your average troll. People fall for it every time.
>>
>>339457553
>People fall for it every time
This is why we keep seeing it. Somewhere along the way, faGGots became an easier target than the SJWs. Threads like this are perfect for aspiring (you)jews looking to improve their craft.
>>
>>339446725
depends if there is any SJW shit in the game itself.
I didn't see any of it so HLD, so it was worth the pirate.
>>
File: 1455296163255.jpg (21 KB, 676x680) Image search: [Google]
1455296163255.jpg
21 KB, 676x680
>>339446725
Yeah. I can. Although I was lucky enough to play it before the extra-super-ultra-deluxe-retarded fandom happned and started the Undertale crisis on /v/. The threads about the game the first couple of weeks when the game got attention here was great even though it's kind of hard to imagine at this point.
>>
>>339449717
Backing a kickstarter is always a mistake. The trick is to wait until retards fund a project, keep a close eye on it and back it AFTER it turns out to be a good game.
>>
>>339446725

maybe. It depends if he puts his ideas on his videogames. But im not buying his game obviously.
>>
>>339459330
there had been people following undertale on /v/ since the kickstarter, there were occasional threads during development but they were mostly just lewd toriel art dumps. Kind of crazy to think there were only a handful of images of her back then but thousands now, what a time to be alive.
>>
>>339446725
I don't mind SJW creators unless it seriously fucks with the development process. Firewatch is a good example of this.
>>
>>339457185
not enough of a difference
>>
File: 1458540791507.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1458540791507.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>339460028
>not enough of a difference
You sweet little thing, you have no idea.
>>
>>339452858
>if you don't have anything good to say about it, don't say anything at all
stellar logic right there
>>
>>339446725
Wait, this game was created by an SJW? I was really looking forward to it, but I guess I'll pass. Well maybe I'll pirate it, but definitely won't buy anymore.
>>
>>339446725
of course I can enjoy these those games if they're good

all it means is that I pirate it and don't buy it
>>
>>339448794

It was a boycott not because of Enders Game but his book Empire(?) Which had right-wing themes. Plus he was conservative and people we worried he had an agenda to push in that game (Literally no agenda detected in that game at all)
>>
>>339449717

Like, two of those games aren't terrible famalam
>>
File: 1454347462860.jpg (78 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
1454347462860.jpg
78 KB, 640x499
Here's the thing

>hack n' slash
>30 fps

You already goofed
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.