[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Elder Scrolls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: him.jpg (132 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
him.jpg
132 KB, 1440x1080
The Elder Scrolls
>>
A pile of shit
>>
>>339435812
What about them?
>>
File: blind man's rendition of god.jpg (21 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
blind man's rendition of god.jpg
21 KB, 336x347
>>339436019
>The Elder Scrolls (Kelle in the Dragon Language[1]), also called the Aedric Prophecies (though the accuracy of that term is often disputed), are scrolls of unknown origin and number which simultaneously archive both past and future events.[2] The number of the Scrolls is unknown not because of their immense quantity, but because the number itself is unknowable, as the Scrolls "do not exist in countable form".[3] They are fragments of creation from outside time itself, and their use in divining prophecies is but a small part of their power. They simultaneously do not exist, yet always have existed.[1]
>>
>>339436305
Okay, is there anything more you would like to discuss about them?
>>
File: todd_howard.jpg (70 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
todd_howard.jpg
70 KB, 615x347
>>339436586
>From a philosophical viewpoint, the origin and purpose of the Elder Scrolls is rather obscure and indescribably abstract. As one author puts it, "Imagine living beneath the waves with a strong-sighted blessing of most excellent fabric. Holding the fabric over your gills, you would begin to breathe-drink its warp and weft. Though the plantmatter fibers imbue your soul, the wretched plankton would pollute the cloth until it stank to heavens of prophecy. This is one manner in which the Scrolls first came to pass, but are we the sea, or the breather, or the fabric? Or are we the breath itself? Can we flow through the Scrolls as knowledge flows through, being the water, or are we the stuck morass of sea-filth that gathers on the edge?"[4]
>>
>>339436732
intriguing
>>
>>339436884
>Any person gifted with prescient powers is able to interpret the contents of the Elder Scrolls with practice.[5] The information revealed about the future is never absolute.[6] Once an event foretold within the Scrolls is carried out in the world it becomes fixed within them. Such insight into the inner fabric of reality comes at a price, however, as each new foretelling and interpretation strikes the reader with blindness for a greater period of time, while simultaneously granting them a broader view of the Scroll's contents. Ultimately, the reader, having engaged in frequent acts of prophecy, is left bereft of their vision, forever after removed of their right to read the Scrolls. By time-honored tradition only those of The Cult of the Ancestor Moth may read from the Scrolls, the younger members caring for the elder as they gradually and irreparably lose their sight.[7] Long ago, however, the Dwemer devised a means to extract knowledge from the Scrolls without requiring someone to sacrifice their sight. Complex machinery interfaces with the Scroll and draws out information, inscribing it onto a metal Lexicon which can then be read by those with the requisite knowledge.[8] It is unknown how the quality or quantity of the information gained this way compares to that when read directly from a Scroll.
>>
File: based todd.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1735) Image search: [Google]
based todd.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1735
>>339436884
>>339437313
>>
was and always will be shit praised by RPG newfags
>>
When it comes to The Elder Scrolls I'm mostly partial to Morrowind and Skyrim. I love the setting and gameplay of both, for different reasons. Both are immersive but Morrowind is rewarding in how complicated it is, where as Skyrim is satisfying in how easy it is to get into. I usually play a Dunmer, Orc, Khajiit or Argonian in either one because I love how The Elder Scrolls presents those races. All in all, they're my all-time favorite video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIiAodnRkzY
>>
>>339435812
peaked a long, long time ago
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.