[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished playing this gem, really enjoyed it. I think I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: Hitman_4_artwork[1].jpg (52 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Hitman_4_artwork[1].jpg
52 KB, 256x363
Just finished playing this gem, really enjoyed it.

I think I prefer Hitman Contracts though, I think I preferred the gritter dark and raining feel.

Which is your favorite hitman /v/?
>>
Blood Money is my favorite. Contracts is pretty good though, it had a nice variety of locations. I liked how the Contracts story was worked into Blood Money a bit.
>>
File: oh gosh.jpg (4 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
oh gosh.jpg
4 KB, 185x82
Contracts has better atmosphere and difficulty, but Blood Money is just too much better level design wise, it's the best game overall.

>MFW Morocco is coming out in less than 12 hours
>>
>>339428543
I agree, I don't think they touched on it enough though. Do you know if Absolution is as shit as /v/ says it is? I know it's not really a proper Hitman game.
>>
Contracts, Blood Money and ™.
>>
>>339428783
It's a decent enough stealth game on its own, but it really, really isn't a Hitman game.
>>
>>339427827
I wish they'd remake it for current hardware. I'd fucking love that.
>>
>>339428783
Not that anon, but it's pretty shit. Get it for $5 during Steam sales so you can be as disappointed as the rest of us.
>>
>>339428962
I'll be honest for the most part I think the graphics held up really well.
>>
>>339429023
I bought it for 2 britbong pounds so I'm not bothered really.
>>
File: A bit closer to heaven.jpg (49 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
A bit closer to heaven.jpg
49 KB, 427x300
>>339428756

>Morroco comes out tomorrow

Fuck it's been a month already?
Hope its as quality as the first two were.

>mfw choking the cuck-boy at his own mother's grave
>>
best hitman theme reporting in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXp0z4ETWI
>>
>>339429792
I wish Jesper Kyd made the music for the new game, the music is passable but it will never be the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FeRwqpL1xE
>>
>>339428756
They're actually releasing it this month even if it's on the last day. Bet that won't happen with Thailand.
>>
>>339431729
Yeah, we haven't even seen a glimpse of the next 3 levels.
>>
Guys, I didn't love Blood Money.

I did only play on Normal so far, but it feels too easy. All you have to do is get one great disguise and you can go anywhere and do anything most of the time.

I do like the options though.
>House of Cards
>Snipe both the guys upstairs from opposite apartments
>Put bomb in DNA case and lob it into sheik's area before blowing it up

>mississippi mansion
>silently headshot every guard inside the house with no witnesses
>>
>>339432490
Gotta play it on Professional, m8.
>>
>>339428783
It's scripting and linear as fuck with forced shooting and chasing sections.
Also instinct mechanic ruins everything
>>
>>339432490
Well, killing everyone will always make the games easier, going for silent assassin is a lot harder.
>>
>>339432490
You gotta go for that perfect Silent Assassin rank, mate. Don't kill anyone but your targets and have them die, preferably in accidents to make you look less suspicious.
It's all about performing the perfect crime.
>>
>>339427827
Blood money > Hitman > contracts > silent assassin > absolution > agent 47
>>
>>339429043
Yeah, the only problem is the janky controls but at this point thats just a part of hitman
>>
If I buy Hitman tomorrow can I buy Morocco right away or do you have to buy the locations in release order?
>>
>>339428756
This.

My rankings:
BM > Contracts > SA > Absolution > C47

C47 is just too primitive and they didn't really get the formula down until SA. Still has some good nostalgia factor though.
>>
>>339435867
You can pay 60 bucks for everything there is plus the other 4 episodes.
You can also pay 15 bucks to try out the first three levels, then pay 10 bucks for Sapienza and/or Marrakesh.

The only thing you need to have bought to play a specific episode is the intro pack, which includes Paris and the two levels in the ICA Facility.
>>
The new Hitman has the worst fucking fanbase.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=189375
>it's not a bug, it's a feature! I like it because it adds difficulty!

At least the game is actually good.
>>
>>339436240
So I can buy Marrakesh tomorrow and Sapienza later?
>>
>>339436060
>>339435013
hivemind
>>
>>339436685
I haven't played the new one so I didn't put it in my list. Have to get around to it soon though.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>339436306
I actually did this too. Fortunately it was not during the Elusive Contract but in another random Contract I was playing, so I learned my lesson.

Have to admit, I laughed pretty fucking hard when it happened.
>>
>>339436681
Yeah, although Sapienza is godlike and honestly statistically probably better than Marrakesh. We'll see, though.
If you do not buy the whole thing at once and you still want to play every single episode, you end up paying 15 bucks more on the long run.
>>
>>339437373
As long as you don't think it's a good feature we're good. It IS an amusing bug, if it didn't happen to you on the Congressman, which it did for me.
>>
>>339437512
Sapienza definitely is good, but I've seen most of it already and would love to play a map blind.
>>
>>339436306
>square enix forums
>hitman fanbase

http://www.hitmanforum.com/
>>
>>339438003
Who is posting on the official Hitman 2016 forum and cocksucking bugs if not Hitman 2016 fans?

Also, why do I get an AV alert from your site?
>>
As someone who loved Blood Money and Contracts I feel really bad for everyone on /v/ continuing to shit on the new Hitman because it is actually terrific as well
>>
>>339438154
Where is anyone in here shitting on it?
>>
>>339438154
it's one dude lol
>>
>>339428783
I played it as my first hitman game and I could still tell how garbage it was with no experience with the series. It's full of missions where you don't actually assassinate anyone, and the story is a dumpster fire
>>
File: tactical espionage redefined..gif (3 MB, 341x217) Image search: [Google]
tactical espionage redefined..gif
3 MB, 341x217
>>339427827
You just posted it.
>>
>>339438154
Some people can't let go of nostalgia.
They can not fathom something from their care free childhood actually being threatened by something that came out when their life is shitty.
>>
>>339438994
Where?
>>
>>339439128
I do think there are valid reasons to dislike the whole episodic release thing. I'm not gonna pick it up until it's done releasing it because I don't like the idea of spending money on an unfinished game
>>
>>339439167
behind you
>>
>>339439274
Oh there are flaws, but there's a difference between legit criticisms and then doubling back and saying "Oh well the A.I. does this so it's shit"
and then when you're shown said A.I. functioned that way in every game it's
"Lel this game was made in 2016 why isn't it flawless, I mean I know older games weren't but that's different"
It's a retarded train of thought and anyone who'd seriously tell me they'd pay 60$ for a 10 year old game is lying to save face in their argument, because no one would pay 60 bucks for said games in this day and age.
>>
>>339428783
I got it for free and I still feel ripped off.
>>
Seriously, where is this rampant shitposting/lone hater who everyone is now circlejerking at the expense of?
>>
A stealth game with realistic AI would be absolutely no fun at all.
>>
I've been playing Hitman Go on and off since it's on actual game platforms now. It's breddy gud. I like how they play Ave Maria on the levels where you kill the target.
>>
>>339439487
you should, that gpu is shit-tier
>>
I can't get through anything before Blood Money. The stealth mechanics just seem to make no sense at all.
>>
>>339437649
Yeah, I knew about it and know how to avoid it, I always skip the cinematic when I exit via the car. It also doesn't happen if you don't trigger the biker having the conversation with the dude.
>>
>>339439757
they do, blood money just nubified you. Contracts is the closest.
>>
>>339438154
I don't blame the people that are shitting on this game based on gameplay videos, to be honest. The episodic content is a huge turn off and it's understandable.
>>
>>339439128
To be fair, Hitman 6 does have legitimate flaws. For example, certain movements only happening when the player comes in close enough to them is a pretty big bummer.
>>
>>339439919
I tried out the first Contracts mission in the meat packing plant night club in Romania and the AI seem to freak out for no apparent reason when I'm disguised and walk near them. That and with no melee attack mechanic they're difficult to get rid of quietly if they blow my cover.
>>
>>339439571
>NPC that isn't retarded sees you
>Starts following you around because he's never seen you before
>Catches you doing shady shit
>Immediantly moonwalks away and alerts everyone via radio and waits for back up
>Come out of room he saw you in
>Pretty much blown away by a firing squad.
>>
>>339439757
I can help you out with Contracts:
1) Don't run
2) Don't get too close to them unless it's to immediately pass through them and out of their view
3) Try to keep a fairly safe distance from guards in general

But if you're talking about Silent Assassin, then yeah, that game actually has a bullshit A.I. associated to it, plus some levels with bad design and terrible bugs.
>>
I've played blood money to death, I like contracts more now because of the difficulty
>>
Why there is no pre-load on steam?
>>
>>339439715
No, I got it for free on XBL Gold back when I still played on my 360.
>>
>>339440362
What difficulty?
>>
>>339440689
blood money is easy at all difficulties
>>
>>339440689
I beat all the levels on blood money on all the difficulties. Over and over repeatably
>>
>>339440275
Yeah silent assassin's A.I. is fucked up why can't you run in front of a guard.
>>
>>339427827
I prefer Contracts because of the stricter stealth mechanics. Blood Money felt far too easy after playing its predecessors.
>>
>>339440987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6In4tD_0cSk
>>
>>339441469
TM
>>
File: hitman absolution gameplay.gif (988 KB, 250x144) Image search: [Google]
hitman absolution gameplay.gif
988 KB, 250x144
>>
>>339443160
>silentassassin.gif
>>
>>339438154
>>339438994
>>339439128
>delusions of persecution.jpg
>>
>>339443528
This is exactly what >>339436306 was talking about. Hitman 2016 has a fucking terrible fanbase.
>>
>>339443528
>has no idea about what they are talking about
>>
they need to bring in some seedier locations like strip clubs and biker bars

maybe an s&m airport
>>
>>339446512
unfortunately they already had all of those in Absolution.
>>
>>339446603
One of the levels is going to be Thailand so I hope they step up the depravity there, maybe visit a brothel again like in the past games to take down a crime lord.
>>
>>339447513
Would be fun. I'm looking forward to Japan the most, though. Hope it's snowy in there again.
>>
>>339444885
>can't provide any evidence of their pathetic delusion but downtalks others for not suffering these non-existent attacks
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.