[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Why is the story of this game so fucking boring, /v/? It feels like I am playing through 90% filler shit that nobody even cares about.
Does it get better later on?
Digivolving is fun and graphics are nice.
>>
digimon's just a bad series desu

this game only has yasuda art going for it
>>
>>339412228
It's okay, solid 7/10, I think it gets better after Kyoko gave me the entire wikipedia summary on ley lines.
>>
>>339412228
Because it was translated by people who don't know proper English.
>>
>>339412228
I feel you, 4 hours in and finally I have a party. I don't care much about the story but fuck, is it slow.
>>
>>339412228
I have fun playing this game, but the walk speed is so goddamn slow, and some of the dungeons layouts are pointlessly long.
>>
>>339412228
Why didnt they allow you to make your own customized protag that doesnt like a gay stoner?

Why the fuck did they remove the charming isometric view?

Why the fuck did they weeb it up to the hilt?
>>
Fook, i have 60+hrs and i am stuck in the last boss for a month, havent played since. Fucking half human half eater:;
>>
>>339413229
Post your party nerd
>>
Why is hard mode such fucking bullshit? Jimiken's second boss fight is metaphorically impossible.
>>
Because you dont like it.
>>
>>339412484

Seems fine at first. I haven't played the game at all yet, but I did watch some of the beginning of the game, and the text seems fairly accurate compared to the VA. I've heard it gets pretty bad later, especially with the quizzes/texts (which are more than likely a programming issue brought about in localization). I watched the scene I've heard people talk about, where Arata starts callers Eaters "Bakemon" as well. That is what he says in the Japanese version, but bakemon is a shorter form of the word bakemono, which is a word for monsters/ghosts. Not sure if it was supposed to be a pun or not (it was written in katakana), but even if it was, it was a terrible idea to transliterate it because most English natives won't know that, they'll just think of the ghost Digimon of the same name.

I was actually thinking about just buying the English version too, since it's 25 dollars cheaper than the Japanese version, but after finding out how badly translated it is, I'll just wait until the Nip version drops in price.
>>
>>339412830

>Why the fuck did they weeb it up to the hilt?

Because that's what Digimon is now, unfortunately.
>>
>>339413925
Because it wasn't originally in the game and was added in with the western release so it wasn't tested or balanced
>>
>>339412228
I think what's bad about it is that it's so intrusive. Every five minutes of gameplay is interrupted by 4 minutes of dialogue, and that's with me rapidly pressing X without reading any of it. It hurts it more when the random encounters are so weak leading up to the boss. This is where they should have a taken a cue from that other monster catching RPG series and had trainer battles sprinkled throughout dungeons.
>>
>>339412228
>Grind in Haguru dungeon
>Progress the story without doing more side missions because of this
>Turns out I missed a Memory Up
Fuck my life.
>>
File: 2016-05-21-003727.jpg (137 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-21-003727.jpg
137 KB, 960x544
>>339412228
I stopped giving a fuck about the story and started grinding digimon because I'm a massive greymonfag
>>
I grinded until I had
All the demon lords
All the Royal Knights
Mega forms for all the Adventure 1 kid's digimon
All the bad guys from Adventure 1
At level 99

How autistic am I?
>>
what the fuck is this shit, playing on hard some of the bosses are literally impossible without grinding for 10 hours.
>>
>>339418973
yeah balance is probably the biggest issue of the game
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.