[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D44M: buy or not buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: D44M cover.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
D44M cover.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>Want to buy D44M
>it has Denuvo
>If I buy it, I'm effectively telling publishers that DRM is A-OKAY! BUT if i don't buy it they'll go full retard and say, "I guess nobody wants another DOOM then :^)"

To buy...or not to buy...
That is the question.
>>
Don't buy. It will get cracked eventually.

If you really must, get a cheap key in a few months. Like do you really NEED to play it right now? It's just a game man. Do some other shit. Play some other shit. Anything.
>>
>>339406981
gtfo poorfag.
>>
>>339406832
Just get it Anon, it's a fantastic campaign. Hell I got the Agitated Skeleton bundle and I thought it was worth the money.

>inb4 shill
>>
>>339407075
no u
>>
>>339406832
Just get it off a key site. Key sites are worse than piracy but if that is what devs want then they get what they want.
>>
>>339406832

So if it did not have Denuvo you would get it right now?
>>
>>339407331

Really? How so?
>>
back then when starforce appeared we had demo versions
so when I bought Silent Storm with starforce it was OK because I played the demo

today you dont have demo versions of the games so you have to trust gaming journalism and shills
if you want to vote with dollar better wait for a sale or dont bye the game at all

personally, i wait for a sale because I admire last bethesda games that not fallout or tes
dishonored and new order were amaizing and I belive doom 4 is great as well
>>
File: 1uJWaLe.jpg (37 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1uJWaLe.jpg
37 KB, 480x640
>>339406832
buy it on console then, no DRM
>>
>>339407093
Its not really worth more than 20 dollars

Its basically Serious Sam on Mars and Hell
>>
>>339407579

As someone who has played Serious Sam and hated it, Doom has nothing to do with Serious Sam.
>>
>>339407484
is this all one sentence? wow
>>
>>339406832
I'd say it depends on how you play games. I've been busy as fuck with work since I bought it and have only played it about 4 hours over the last week. I'm about halfway through and it's fun as fuck. I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much if I started sinking in 2-3 hours playing it at a time. It's kind of exhausting to play (for me at least), it's just so relentless.
>>
>>339407578
>Buy it on DRM-machine
>No DRM

?
>>
>>339406832
What's the problem with game makers using anti piracy software? If you were considering buying it, what the fuck does it matter? The only time I can see the software being a problem is when it stops the game from working properly, like Lords of the Fallen.

"Hurr don't want to buy it because it tells them its ok for DRM". Would you not buy a car because it has anti theft, an alarm, and key proximity sensor required to start? It is literally nothing more than the makers and creators trying to protect their product from theft.

>Inb4 Hurr durr piracy isn't theft, its just making a copy
You're still stealing and using/playing a product you didn't pay for.
>>
>>339407849
>stealing

lol no
>>
>>339406832

It's good but after the campaign there is fuck all to do since there is zero mod support.

I've gone back to Doom 3 and shittons of mods already.
>>
>>339406832
Nobody gives a fuck about what you do or don't do. You seem to be living in a fantasy world where you have any kind of impact on anything, which you don't. That game has already sold a ton of copies and you buying it or not buying it isn't even a drop in the ocean. Your unrealistic delusions of importance are hilarious.
>>
>>339406832
pic related

It's not a bad game but it's overrated.
>>
>>339407849
>Would you not buy a car because it has anti theft, an alarm, and key proximity sensor required to start? It is literally nothing more than the makers and creators trying to protect their product from theft.

That's the dumbest analogy ever.
>>
>>339407471
The keys are sometimes stolen/bought with stolen credit cards.

You're basically funding criminals.
>>
>>339407827
you can trade it in or sell it, or let a friend borrow it. not DRM dude
>>
>>339407893
So what do you consider piracy to be? Liberation? "Showing the man they can't control you"? I've heard every excuse there is in regards to this. We've all pirated something at one point or another. But at no time did I ever delude myself into thinking I was doing anything but taking what I didn't pay for.

Although its billabong game companies don't release demos. It w would cut down on piracy drastically because players could try the game before dropping $60 and finding they hate it.
>>
op learn to bypass denuvo. pay $2 & it will b bypassed 4 u. there r sites/forums oit there

do not be a cuck

DRM is not justified especially now that not even consoles have poracy
>>
>>339406832
>buy doom on amazon new recentlu
>arrived today in a sealed box but theres no disc inside

Thanks Todd Howard
>>
>>339408069
You attack the analogy but offer no argument. I think it suits my position fine. Piracy is taking and using what you didn't pay for. DRM is to attempt to prevent that. As a car alarm would deter a thief. Is it unbreakable? No. But good enough.
>>
>>339408053
Yuk yuk you sure showed him edgy anon~kun!
>>
>>339407849
>You're still stealing and using/playing a product you didn't pay for.
Game developers are RARELY afflicted by piracy, so I don't give a fuck. Support for indie devs and well-known studios gone independent - yes. Support for corporations shilling the hundredth entry into their faggy IP - fuck no.
>>
File: xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg (50 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
xf2wdqiVK1qkv52g_400.jpg
50 KB, 355x236
>>339406832
>>If I buy it, I'm effectively telling publishers that DRM is A-OKAY!

The only time you're not saying this nowadays is if you buy games via GoG or on console.
>>
>>339406832
>If I buy it, I'm effectively telling publishers that DRM is A-OKAY! BUT if i don't buy it they'll go full retard and say, "I guess nobody wants another DOOM then :^)

I swear to christ, you dipshits have no clue what "voting with your wallet" means.
>>
File: 1382023956622.png (17 KB, 612x567) Image search: [Google]
1382023956622.png
17 KB, 612x567
Good campaign.
Awful multiplayer.
Snap map is a joke.

Buy it for 30 bucks or torrent.
>>
>>339407679
>has nothing to do
>literally stole arenas and glory kills from Serious Sam

/v/ is really retarded
>>
>>339407825
>its so relentless
That's the best part?
>>
>>339407679
>played Serious Sam and hated it
Typical faggot.
>Doom has nothing to do with Serious Sam
The only thing you said right. Because Serious Sam is better.
>>
>>339407827
>drm machine

You're retarded. You can play it offline and you can sell it/trade it in. What can you do on PC?
>>
>>339408787
>Doom stole arenas from Serious Sam
Who the fuck are you?
>>
>>339408894
He fucked your mom, m80.
>>
>>339408138
>You're basically funding criminals.
get real. the vast majority of keys on sites like kinguin or g2a are just people selling their unwanted keys. either that or they buy up a bunch of russian keys and just sell them for profit. it's rare that any keys are stolen.
>>
>>339406832
Buy access to a family share Steam account for a dollar, download the game, wait for it to patch, launch it offline every time/unplug your internet connection. If needed, move steam.exe to a different folder every time you quit the game, so it does not update when you switch back your internet.

I can confirm this works, I've completed Phantom Pain this way.
>>
>>339408894
Daenerys of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name
Queen of Meereen
Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men
Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms
Protector of the Realm
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea
Breaker of Chains
Mother of Dragons
>>
>>339408571
I share this sentiment but not everyone does. I know people pirated shit like five nights at Freddys for fucks sake. An $8 game! Opinion of the game itself aside, why the fuck did peoplee do that? Their justification is usually "oh well the dev sold 50,000 copies already, what's the big deal?" I just never understood the entitled mentality.

Do you like the game? Can you see yourself sinking hours into it? Then why not support the people who made it? That's it. That's all there is to it for me. A person or group of people made something you liked or enjoyed. Why not buy it?
>>
>>339408787

>Doom stole arenas and glory kills from serious sam

You need to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>339408558
What's "edgy" about that?

It just seems like everybody on /v/ has to make a thread asking about the best way to take a shit before they can go do it.

>SHOOD I BUY DA GAEM GUYZ? HALP ME!!
>>
Just get it for $36 on key sites and call it a day. Multiplayer is good enough for me to have fun with. Singleplayer is one of the best I've ever played by far.

Doom will be fucking hard to beat
>>
>>339406832
Buy....for ps4
>>
>>339409116
not an arguement
>>
>>339409060
underrated toast
>>
>>339407484
You can always refund if it's shit.
>>
>against DRM and wants to pirate a new game
>afraid that he isn't supporting future games by not buying it
Obvious bait.
>>
File: damjangop.png (596 KB, 556x872) Image search: [Google]
damjangop.png
596 KB, 556x872
>>339409116
>implying it didn't
>>
>>339406832
>Buy
>Love the campaign
>Play with some Snapmaps
>Put down
>Wait for next campaign dlc
So excited for more greatness.
>>
>>339408787
>>339408839

Doom has nothing to do with shooting incoming 50 enemies at the distance on the blandest level design in history, It is shitty that Doom only supports 12 enemies at the screen but those 12 enemies force me to move a lot more than having 50 enemies ramming at me.
>>
>>339409709

I thought the only DLC confirmed was multiplayer.
>>
>>339411124
The season pass is confirmed to be 3 multiplayer packs. skins, taunts, and demons.
>>
>>339408154
>>339408850
Tell me anon, how do I edit the files on XB1/PS4?
Do you niggers even know what DRM is?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.