[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Attorney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: Blackquill's back.jpg (93 KB, 599x371) Image search: [Google]
Blackquill's back.jpg
93 KB, 599x371
Backquill's back as an assistant apparently
>>
>>339395142
This is getting more and more retarded.
This game will be nothing but dumb fanservice and trying too hard.
>>
FFFFFFFFFFF

This is the first time I've gotten Ace Attorney news on /v/ before anywhere else.
>>
First Athena, now Blackquill? If you want to use them, have the balls to ACTUALLY USE THEM.
>>
>>339395271
This is the last chance, right? You're on the verge of dropping Ace Attorney and removing the last attachment you still hold to Capcom?
>>
>>339395142
What? That's way too insane to be real, the photos have to be flipped right? Then who is the other prosecutor?
>>
>>339395437
Yes
>>
>>339395532
Phoenix Wright.
>>
Can't wait for them to bring back Godot then. They might as well if they are bringing everyone else back.
>>
>>339395142
God will they ever drop Apollo? This is going to be the second time they've tried to rewrite his character and forcing it on us.
>>
>>339395873
>the only protagonist Ace Attorney needs is Phoenix

You're the reason Capcom USA doesn't care.
>>
>>339395826
>Can't wait for them to bring back Godot
He's most likely dead.
>God will they ever drop Apollo?
Nope, Apollo is really popular actually
>>
>tfw I actually wanted Apollo Justice 2 but now we get this retarded mishmash of bullshit

DD was a mistake
>>
>>339396114
The mistake is thinking Phoenix Wright is what holds up the franchise, not what holds it back.
>>
>>339396114
Same
>>
>yfw you realize capcom's actually subtly advertising AAI3, and that's why Phoenix is on the other side of the court
>you're the prosecution
>>
I never thought I'd say this but Capcom is nearing 100% shit factor.
>>
>>339395964
He can't be dead, I doubt they'd execute him for trying to save someone else, he'd get a 10 year prison sentence at worst for messing with the crime scene though
>>
>>339396387
If they didn't kill him, the poison most likely did
>>
>>339396114
I love Team Attorney and I'd rather have this than continuing to follow one for the whole game. That was great for three games but the variety keeps the series fresh. They can go back to single attorney in a game or two.
>>
>>339395142
If they're advertising Apollo vs Phoenix, does it mean this is case 4? It's in Japanifornia though, and I wouldn't expect Phoenix to come back before the final case. Would they really spoil stuff from case 5/6 however?
>>
>>339396492
if the poison didn't kill him 5 years before T&T, it aint gonna kill him now
>>
>Edgeworth on the defense side
>OMG best game evah!

>Blackquill on the defense side
>fucking Capcom, DD was a mistake!

Okay.
>>
>Apollo gets his own game
>Lukewarm reception

>Apollo comes back, alongside a female attorney.
>Both get very positive reception.

>LET'S SHOVE THE NEW ONE UNDER THE BUS.
I don't get this logic.
>>
>>339396750
He said he his body barely functions.
>>
>>339396750
It didn't, but it did put him in a coma for years, turned his hair white and fucked up his vision. Who knows, it could've knock off some years in his overall lifespan
>>
>>339396889
Athena didn't crack the top 10 (though she fell just outside it, I think).
>>
>>339396889
I get the feeling this is a really personal story for Apollo and there was no room for a third player character considering they also had Phoenix travel to a place with a whole new court gimmick which would obviously need a decent amount of focus.
>>
>>339396889
No one likes Athena
>>
>>339397148
Only faggots like you.
>>
>>339395142
Great job spoiling everything as usual Capcom, you load of retards.
>>
>>339396750

He was massively fucked up after the poisoning. The thought of revenge against Phoenix and Dahlia were the only things that kept him going, and at the end of 3-5 he's almost falling apart. I doubt the guy had much to live for once that case was over and done with.
>>
>>339397004
Still really good considering Apollo's reception in his first game and she doesn't have the bump factor of cool bandages.
>>
>>339397303
>news is spoilers

You ain't seen nothing yet. You should start filtering now if this already tans your ass.
>>
>>339397489
Blackquil being back is news. Going against Nick while he's on the prosecutor's side is a spoiler.
>>
>>339397004
That's pretty good though. I honestly found it kind of hilarious how she did more in a single game than Maya did in all the others, yet she is lower than her.

Then again, Japan has shit taste.
>>
>>339395271
It's not all that different to Franziska being an assistant for a while in AA3

>>339395952
Capcom USA doesn't care because AA sells like shit outside Japan. Partly because of the rampant piracy on the DS at the time where AA was popular in the West though.

>>339396220
It's not a factor either way honestly. Replacing Phoenix with an even more generic "hard-working young guy with super secret special power that no one takes seriously!" anime protagonist changes nothing.
>>
>>339398009
Apollo has something Phoenix doesn't: backstory potential.

Phoenix's backstory seems to be "accused of a crime he didn't commit as a child, was once friends with Edgeworth, then dated a girl who turned out to be an evil bitch". Apollo, on the other hand, is an orphan of a woman who went missing and SOMEHOW, the girl he partnered up with is actually his sister.

There's a lot of cool exploration that could be done there (even moreso if they would have used my idea of including Klavier as well, who is in dire need of some character depth).
>>
>Popularity poll results:

Apollo Justice
Miles Edgeworth
Phoenix Wright
Maya Fey
Bobby Fulbright
Godot
Simon Blackquill
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi
Franziska von Karma
Klavier Gavin
Athena Cykes
Dick Gumshoe
Kay Faraday
Wendy Oldbag
Trucy Wright
Kristoph Gavin
Luke Atmey
Ema Skye
Mia Fey
Pearl Fey
Aristotle Means
Sōta Sarushiro
Larry Butz
Adrian Andrews
Manosuke Naitō
Viola Cadaverini
Tateyuki Shigaraki
Shi-Long Lang
Ron DeLite
Damon Gant
Taka
Steel Samurai
Iris
Richard Wellington
Dahlia Hawthorne
Winston Payne
Clay Terran
Acro
Matt Engarde
Diego Armando
Manfred von Karma
Redd White
(Unknown)
Vera Misham
Myriam Scuttlebutt
Yuri Cosmos
Judge
Shih-na
Hugh O'Conner
Blue Badger

>Another poll was conducted during the live stream between the top 8 plus Athena Cykes:

Phoenix Wright (20.9%)
Apollo Justice (15.5%)
Miles Edgeworth (14.9%)
Athena Cykes (12.1%)
Maya Fey (11.8%)
Godot (9.3%)
Bobby Fulbright (7.9%)
Simon Blackquill (5.2%)
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi (2.4%)
>>
File: 123456765432.png (22 KB, 147x200) Image search: [Google]
123456765432.png
22 KB, 147x200
So I haven't seen like anything about this game. What's the story? Is it Phoenix centered but following Apollo and Athena in some cases again like DD? Or is Apollo in the spotlight again this time?
>>
>>339398259
>Sebastian in the top 10
>we'll still never see him again
Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>339398229
>Apollo has something Phoenix doesn't: backstory potential.
Melodramatic backstories for the main characters have almost always been the worst part of the series though. Edgeworth pretty much is the only main character on either side of the bench who came out with an alright one.

I sure as hell don't give a fuck about Gramarye family drama - no one plays AA for family drama, they play it primarily for the crime/mystery solving aspect.

I'd go as far as to say that Apollo actually benefitted from not having a dumb tragic backstory.
>>
>>339398594
Apollo and Phoenix are dual protagonists
>>339398609
There's still AJ2
>>
>>339398594
Phoenix and Apollo get equal billing, Athena is reduced to being Apollo's full-time assistant. Phoenix goes to the Kingdom of Kurain, away from Japanifornia, and reunites with Maya who becomes his assistant again, while Apollo and Athena have their own cases back home. The two storylines appear to be connected in some way.
>>
>>339396220
Speaking the truth right here.
>>
>>339398760
inb4 there's a case where someone was somehow murdered in Kurain and Japanifornia at the same time
>>
>>339396220
>Not wanting Apollo back means that you'd only accept Phoenix
My favorite AA game had neither of them in it though.

I'm fine with shifting to a new protagonist. I just didn't enjoy anything about Apollo across both AJ and DD outside of character aspects that Phoenix happened to already have in earlier games.

Give me a Gregory Edgeworth prequel or something instead, he actually came out as kind of likeable atleast in the one case you play as him.
>>
>>339398259
That's right. The top 8 thing where they put in Athena which made it sound super-butthurt that their new princess got shafted.

Japan has shit taste if Klavier outranks her. I actually like Klavier but he has no real character (he's honest and super-suave but that's it; you'd think a guy who found out his best friend is a dick, his brother is psycho, and his favorite teacher was murdered for being too good would send someone over the edge).
>>
File: 1460490385900.png (636 KB, 780x960) Image search: [Google]
1460490385900.png
636 KB, 780x960
>>339398259
>Ema that low
I hope that changes after AA6
>>
>>339398259
>Apollo still beating Edgeworth in the new poll.
Face it people, he's here to stay forever.
>>
>>339398714
>>339398760
That actually sounds decent. I feel like Athena was better as a support role anyways, although I liked the dynamic of Trucy & Apollo more. I just hope that Maya doesn't channel Mia's spirit too many times. I got tired of her "helping" by telling you exactly how to solve the case
>>
>>339398938
I mean, you have a prosecutor from Khurain travelling between the two countries during the game. It's pretty fucking obvious that there's an unrevealed connection already there, it's not going to just end up being a coincidence
>>
>>339399079
She only appeared in 2 games and had a complete personality shift the second time she showed up
>>
>>339399079
Japs have shit taste, more news at 11. She keeps coming back solely because of the dev team themselves like her.
>>
>>339398760
Well that's lame.
>>
>>339399184
>although I liked the dynamic of Trucy & Apollo more
Trucy gets accused of murder in Apollo's first case. There are also some hints that the game might wrap up the Gramarye plot.
>>
>>339398992
AAI's dead because they don't sell as well as mainline games, enjoy being stuck with Phoenix and Apollo forever despite the former having reached a satisfying end to their story already and the latter bringing absolutely nothing good or interesting to the series.
>>
I just wish Phoenix will fuck off already. He has been in too many games already and his personality is already starting to wear off.

He's just like the Kiryuu of Yakuza. Just kill him off and make new blood the new face of the series.
>>
>>339399640
>Kiryu was literally set up to be thrown out in both 4 and 5, but Sega's upper management refuses to allow this.
>We will also NEVER get Haruka brawls.
>>
>>339399491
Oh thank god. Maybe they'll finally add some motive behind Zak's actions before his death because they made no sense whatsoever...
>>
>>339399598
Quit being a cunt about Apollo. They haven't really done anything with him.
>>
>>339400008
Yeah that's not happening anon
>>
File: iqXrpVU.png (125 KB, 417x632) Image search: [Google]
iqXrpVU.png
125 KB, 417x632
>>339400008
Zak's is just a dick. That's all there is to it
>>
>>339399640
Phoenix should've never come back after 3 and his fucking cast of characters should've never come back at all.
>>
>>339400187
If Ace Attorney is so fucking shit find another VN.
>>
>>339400043
Why aren't I allowed to have a bad opinion about Apollo? There are plenty of main characters who've gotten a fraction of screentime he's gotten yet are way more distinctive, likeable and memorable.

He has the majority of AJ to himself, with Phoenix only getting involved during the very short first case and being playable during the investigation segment of the final case, and he gets plenty of focus in DD too - and he varies from completely unremarkable to damn near unlikeable the entire time. He has plenty of chances to be cool be it as a playable character and as a side character, for no particular reason it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>tfw best girl doesn't get the recognition she deserves.

Feels bad man. I just want to play more cases as her.
>>
File: 1379457664371.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1379457664371.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>339400081
>>339400148
Yeah I guess not...
>>
>>339400435
Phoenix overshadowed Apollo in his own game. The overarching story was his story, Apollo just got pulled along. Whenever Phoenix wasn't in charge, their desire to have an honest and legit prosecutor caused Apollo to get outclassed.
>>
>>339400435
>Edgeworth gets more development in one game than Phoenix and Apollo combined in 5
>Still lower than both of them in the Top 8 poll.
>>
>>339399921
>We will also NEVER get Haruka brawls.
That has nothing to do with Kiryu. It'd be completely against the point of Haruka's entire character to start fighting.

Anyway with Yakuza the problem is less with Kiryu and more that they can't think of a new plotline beyond "Daigo is shit, the Tojo is falling apart due to an internal power struggle and we need these legendary ex-yakuza to save us! again!". Yakuza 3 early on when it was just Kiryu getting caught in a turf war while trying to look after his dumb kids was completely fine until Barack Monday and more Tojo internal power struggle nonsense happens.
>>
File: Snack Time.png (666 KB, 472x2240) Image search: [Google]
Snack Time.png
666 KB, 472x2240
>>339400509
Yeah I know, Ema deserves better
>>
I feel like I'm one of the handful of people who actually liked Blackquill's character.
I'm only on DD Case 4 though.
>>
>>339400978
A lot of people liked Blackquill
>>
>>339400978
Blackquill was one of the best things about DD
>>
>>339401101
>>339401153
Seriously? I only got to the game now but I remember back when it came out everyone was all DUDE EDGELORD WEEB LMAO
>>
>>339399401
>AA Lightning's fan talking about shit taste
>>
where is the anon who insisted that Phoenix being on the prosecutor's side was merely "metaphorical"

Yeah....how're you're doing there, buddy?
>>
File: 93024891.jpg (99 KB, 600x569) Image search: [Google]
93024891.jpg
99 KB, 600x569
>>339400645
>The overarching story was his story, Apollo just got pulled along.
He had the majority of the game to himself. Phoenix was little more than a background element in the 2nd and 3rd cases even. Apollo came off as shit because of the way he was written. Not because of the way others around him were written (you could argue that this was an additional factor though, sure). Having a mastermind behind the events of things should not have stopped Apollo from being distinctive or likeable. Not to mention that Apollo as a character got more focus in DD and he still ended up being shit.

If you take Phoenix out of AJ, have Apollo "do more" but keep his character consistent with when Phoenix wasn't there he'd still be lame. Like I said, we've had main characters with a fraction of the focus Apollo's gotten who are way more distinctive than Apollo probably will ever be, pic related for example. The way Apollo is written simply sucks, not because of this "everyone keeps stealing his screentime!" bogeyman you guys love.

and I'll add that I don't particularly mind Phoenix being dropped from protag spot either. Shouldn't have to say this but it's a necessity because it's just to cover the usual "you just dislike Apollo because he's not Phoenix!" nonsense.
>>
>>339401257
It's like that Kojima quote about Quiet. To paraphrase badly
>when you find out the truth, you will feel sorry for your actions and words

that's pretty much Blackquill. He is an edgelord for a reason
>>
>>339398609
>He shows up again
>He just ends up being a buttmonkey to Apollo and/or Athena to make them seem cooler
No fucking thanks, the character doesn't deserve that shitty fate.

They should just make AAI3 already while pushing the DGS series alongside it.
>>
>>339401705
>>339400645
I'd argue that Klavier playing the trial sections for you and writing off everything Apollo said as "I already knew that but I didn't mention it earlier because whatever lol, achtung baby!" was a way bigger negative factor than Phoenix's involvement, honestly.

Personally I didn't have an issue with Phoenix at all, having other more knowledgeable characters than the protagonist being a driving force in the plot's background is nothing new for the series. Also Hobo Nick himself was just sort of cool.

AJ's biggest problem, in my opinion, had little to do with the characters at all. It tried to take itself more series in regards to being a commentary on law and morality and so on. Problem being that the game is just inherantly ridiculous, and like every other AA it's "serious remarks" sort of fall apart when you actually critically look at them. The series worked better being a light jab at something about actual courts that are sorta messed up (in Japan atleast), not all this not-as-clever-as-it's-made-out-to-be spiel about reforming the legal system.
>>
>>339402308
Quiet was fanservice shit though.
>>
>>339402854
>They should just make AAI3 already while pushing the DGS series alongside it.

But DGS is one of the worst Ace Attorney games.
>>
>>339403836
what was wrong with it beyond it focusing heavily on setting up sequels? which is a legit flaw but they should still follow through on said setup
>>
>>339403931
Bad cases and bad characters.
>>
>>339404241
give examples
>>
>>339403931
I'm watching the youtube playthrough and I have a few qualms with it:
- seemingly short cases without many pieces of evidence (similar to Layton vs AA): case 1 is just a trial, case 2 is just an investigation, case 3 is again just a trial, cases 4 and 5 are one investigation and one trial each
- Joint Reasoning with Holmes is cool as shit but gameplay-wise all it does is putting the investigations on auto-pilot with him pointing out stuff in the environments and you just correcting him instead of carefully combing the environments yourself.
>>
>>339403725
so is blackquill
>>
>>339404591
>Cases
First case's culprit kills Watson and gets away with it. Not explained in this game what her reason was.

Second case victim dies because a cat goes inbetween his legs, making him lose his balance and hitting his neck/head in bad posture, killing him.

Fourth case was all a misunderstading and nobody actually died.

Overall all of them are really easy since there is little evidence (Case 1 and 3 are just trials and Case 2 is only an investigation)

>Characters
Sherlock is a total retard, your assistant is annoying as fuck, your friend dies in the most retarded way possible and is poorly characterized...

Just to name a few.
>>
>>339398009
DD sold extremely well and considering how clearly low-cost these games are to make and localize there's literally no way you could say the series sells like shit besides MAYBE AAI1
>>
>>339405268
>Second case victim dies because a cat goes inbetween his legs, making him lose his balance and hitting his neck/head in bad posture, killing him.
That's just what you're being led to believe. It's Nikomina herself who pushes Asougi and he falls onto the bed railing. Still retarded, but a little less so.

Also, Nikomina is a top tier waifu but the way she causes Asougi's death is undefendable from a story standpoint. It's as if Mia got killed by the Gatewater bellboy hitting her across the buildings with a tray he accidentally throws out the window.
>>
>>339405518
they should bump up the localization budget a bit, DD had noticeably many typos and mistranslations whereas the other games had 1 or 2 tops
>>
>>339405882
The translator noted he was rushed like mad. The gap between the JP and Western release for AA6 is longer though so that may allow for some proofreading.
>>
Hopefully this will only be in one of the non-canon pre-order cases, where they can get away with whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>339406548
they only announced one DLC case, the one with Oldbag and Larry
>>
>>339405518
I'm guessing he meant the DS games specifically, since he talks about DS piracy. It was unclear for a while if we were even going to get DD IIRC?
>>
>>339395142
I hope he assists Phoenix, I thought those two were funny together.
>>
File: Pearl and Bokuto.jpg (48 KB, 598x361) Image search: [Google]
Pearl and Bokuto.jpg
48 KB, 598x361
>>339406723
No, there are two pre-order cases that are supposed to be shorter than most cases.

One involves Pearl and the other involves the superstitious girl from 5-2.

http://www.e-capcom.com/gyakutensaiban/6/
>>
>>339396870
I like Blackquill a lot more than Edgeworth at this point.
>>
>>339408406
It's cringy how you can tell they threw Edgeworth in DD just for fanservice
>>
>>339395271
I don't understand how people can say this and then go and start bitching about Gumshoe not coming back.
>>
>>339395142

>playing as all these characters besides Phoenix

Please stop.
>>
>>339407654
I love the shit out of that smug medium girl with the scepter. Gets me rock hard everytime.
>>
>>339408768
You play as only Phoenix and Apollo, what are you talking about?
>>
>>339408921
The op makes it look like you can play as Athena and Blackquil, but really it's because Capcom doesn't want to bother making assistant sprites for Blackquil and Athena so it looks like they're playable
>>
>>339409391
What the fuck are you going on about? Athena's fists-clenched animation is only for when she's an assistant and Blackquill's second animation in the screenshots where he's looking directly at the screen is also new and clearly made for assistant placement. Not to mention the camera is angled differently anyway.
>>
File: 1455430458392.gif (294 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1455430458392.gif
294 KB, 245x245
>>339408869
>Saori Hayami
>>
>>339407654
These are different from the DLC case, the Larry (and marriage) case is a full blown case, the other two are shorter, possibly non-canon like PLvAA's special episodes
>>
>>339399184
>I feel like Athena was better as a support role anyways

athena is way better when she's playable
>>
>AA6 objection theme is just another variation of the original
when will this shit end?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.