[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread Pandaria was the best part expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
File: 1458012147724.png (145 KB, 509x368) Image search: [Google]
1458012147724.png
145 KB, 509x368
Unpopular opinions thread

Pandaria was the best part expansion for wow
Oblivion is worse than skyrim and morrowind
D3 is now better than D2
The first 3 halos are good games, 2 being the weakest of the three
Warcraft 3 sucked as an RTS
Civ 3 is better than civ 4
>>
I love video games
>>
>>339391508
>this nonstop pleb games list

Your opinion is worthless regardless of it's unpopularity.
>>
>>339391628
Youre opinions are so hip and underground I probably havent heard of them before.

But ill make your list for you.

>bloodborne is a good game
>>
>>339391539
/thread
>>
Risen 2 is just as good as Risen 1
>>
>>339391508
>Civ 3 is better than civ 4
Explain.
>>
>>339391508
Obsidian makes good games
>>
>>339391710
I see that Overwatch has really done a number to this place, where the Blizzdrones have suddenly found their balls and are hiking up their shitposting pants.

Remember that Starcraft faggots were partly responsible for /vg/, I suspect Overwatch is going to cause a /vg2/ revolution.
>>
The entire souls series has some of the worst combat and gameplay in the history of video games. Their only saving grace is the world/atmosphere.
>>
I think 339392292 is a retard.
>>
Witcher 3 is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>339391508

I have immensely enjoyed every Bethesda open world game (TES/Fallout).
Despite the many many flaws, the world interaction is unparalleled, and no other game even gets it close.
>>
FFVIII was fine as an FF title, it's flaws were just magnified by the fact that it followed FFVII, a game that released at the perfect time and place in popular culture.
>>
>>339392292

To be fair, Overwatch is a big deal that was heavily advertised, and there is no other game that has come out recently.
Nor have we been getting much news on other upcoming games.

It's a very slow time for video games right now, besides Overwatch.
>>
>>339391508
>Oblivion is worse than skyrim and morrowind
>Warcraft 3 sucked as an RTS

these are objective facts though
>>
X:Rebirth is actually good as of 4.0. It's more like Freelancer with joystick than an actual X game.
>>
>>339393041
Also, I wanted to fuck Rinoa 6 ways to Sunday and treat her like the slut she was, including cuddling
>>
Story in video games are shit. Some are better than the others, but they are still not 'that' good. What I mean is that I don't get the enthusiasm for franchises, for cosplaying, for movies and in depth lore discussions etc.
With that said, I think Undertale is a shining example of the opposite. I am not aware of the fandom nor I had former knowledge of the developer, I've only played the game and that's it, and I think it's ok and very well thought trough, and I don't understand the hate it gets. This was actually the first time when I thought that this game would need some in depth analysis. Not something like 'is Sans actually the hero from Earthbound?'. Rather something about the fight system. It reminds me of the teachings of ancient Tao or Buddhist or Biblical (not meme christian) texts, which says that one who becomes this unmovable force can in the end change the world by doing nothing. Actual philosophy like this is so rare in games, and the just get ignored.

>>339391508
>D3 is now better than D2
I love how people shit on D3 because how fast and flashy is it compared to D2, yet they forgot that D2 was hated at first because of this very same reason.
Other than that, I agree with you. With this adventure mode, the small rewards for competing on the ladder, it's all good. I loved the shit storm that the game is not dark enough, but in the end, I don't see where that came from. It has good ambient and memorable places. The only downside is the music. I can barely remember 2-3 tracks, yet I can just hum right now nearly all of the tunes from D2.
>Warcraft 3 sucked as an RTS
I never wanted to say it out load, but I think Blizzard's RTSs are not good. I had my fun Warcraft 1 and Starcraft, but W3 and SC2 are just too gimmicky. I never felt like in the campaign that I'm actually making tactical decisions. I just had to master the newest gimmick. However I love PvP in SC2, which might be considered as an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>339391508
fuck you for hating on wc3 you fucking fuck
>>
>>339392393
I want to like these games and I know what it's for, but fuck it's so aggravatingly slow and dull to me.
>>
>>339394254
I think they are just the Touhou games of our time.
>>
File: 1464624087651.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464624087651.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>339391508
>no Chibi Robo aged great
>>
The worst of Persona 1/2 fans are just as bad as Persona 3/4 fans, if not more.
>>
File: 1438748732537.png (96 KB, 600x295) Image search: [Google]
1438748732537.png
96 KB, 600x295
>>339391508
>civ 3 is better than civ 4
Care to explain OP? I am curious as I love civ 4 and find civ 3 to just be a downgrade
>>
File: 4Umaru.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4Umaru.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>339391508
I disliked Overwatch. Not my opinion I just wanted to say it. You should all try out Overwatch, it's a fantastic game by the way.
>>
P3P > FES
>>
File: 1424994342823.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1424994342823.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>339391539
can you show me how
>>
Morrowind is THE game that "aged terribly".

Some games predating it by 20 years are more playable now.
>>
The only good English voice clips from the original trilogy are Phoenix's Objection and Edgeworth's Hold It.

Don't really get why people say they were great across the board.
>>
>>339391508
Now that you mentioned it. Is pandaria going to be a thing in the movie?
>>
File: mlmBRoh.png (749 KB, 1323x810) Image search: [Google]
mlmBRoh.png
749 KB, 1323x810
Persona 2 is fucking horrible

Street Fighter 5 has no salvation and fighting games will never stop being a niche genre

The Vita is not much of s a bad console as people think. it doesn't appeal to everyone and that is alright. I just wished the model 2000 had more support for accessories and shit.

I wanna buy overwatch but it doesn't look like a 60$ game, maybe a 20 or 30$ tops and i actually hope it lives for a long while so i have the chance to experience it one day.

Console wars are fucking stupid and are the very reason we are getting shat on by companies and developers non-stop.

I have a hard time to believe that anyone could give as much of a fuck about nintendo as nintendofans do. It gets to the point of literal autism and that shit scares the fuck out of me.

>>339391539
triggered
>>
>>339395243
It happens 30/40 years after the events of the movie I believe, so no (hopefully)
>>
I enjoy video games
>>
File: 51356667_p0.png (209 KB, 740x640) Image search: [Google]
51356667_p0.png
209 KB, 740x640
Dragon Age: Inquisition is good.

Xenosaga: Episode I is good.

Okami is overrated. It's a great game, but overlong and without a memorable cast or plot. Not one of the greatest games of all time, except in terms of aesthetics.
>>
The new Doom is still shit. Fuck you.

Overwatch is the most casual game to come out in years and the fact that nobody gives a shit about it worries me.

The Zelda formula was never good and the new one will be underwhelming, set yourself up for dissapointment.
>>
>>339396370
>without a memorable cast
>Issun, Susano, Sakuya, Orochi, Wakka, Oki, Ninetails, Tobi, even the fucking Orange Couple
I haven't even played it since the original release. Go masturbate to Inquisition you fag.
>>
>>339396370
>Xenosaga: Episode I is good.

At it was critically acclaimed.

2 got shat on but I thought it was much better. 1 was a boring fucking slog.
>>
>poise wasn't a bad thing
>>
>>339396698
They were visually memorable only, and I granted the aesthetic of the game.

>>339396728
I can never tell whether these threads are about unpopular opinions in a grand sense or in a /v/ sense.
>>
>>339392292
>>339396524
>I can't handle people liking video games on /v/ so I want moderators to ban all video game threads so I can discuss SJWs and how terrible gaming is
>>
PoE>D3

And Owerwatch is lacking in some basic things that's incredible that it gets a free pass and is even considered very good by so many people on this board

I tried CS:GO recently and I still beleve that 1.6 is superior

Serious Sam is the best arena shooter out there.
>>
>>339397265
>I come to unpopular opinion threads to whine and cry like a bitch
>>
>>339397354
>I want a hugbox where I can discuss how I want mods to ban things I don't like so I can get another hugbox
lmao @ ur life
>>
>>339397494
>Y-YOU WANT THE HUGBOX, P-PLEASE STOP DISLIKING THINGS I LIKE!
>>
>>339397292
>And Owerwatch is lacking in some basic things
like?
>>
File: S__3744010.jpg (380 KB, 1479x1109) Image search: [Google]
S__3744010.jpg
380 KB, 1479x1109
I hate drop systems in ARPGs where everyone sees their own indiviudal drops it's an instant turn off for me and I immediately don't want to play when I see it. It sucks that Tortchlight 2 and Diablo 3 and almost every other game is following that awful trend
>>
>>339391508
How come this is an unpopular opinion? I thought that was the consensus that Morrowind>Skyrim>Shit>Oblivion?
>>
>>339397606
But you do want the hug box
>OH WOE IS ME PEOPLE ARE DISCUSSING GAMES ON A GAMES BOARD AND ITS HURTING ME
>OH BASED MODS PLEASE DELETE ALL THIS VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION
>>
>>339397660
>custom servers
>custom modes
>community servers
> 2 0 T I C K R A T E

Especially the tickrate.
>>
>>339391508
Let's go.

Dragon Age Inquisition was terrible. I had more fun with Dragon Age 2 that with thay half-written single player mmo.
>>
File: fugg.jpg (61 KB, 540x511) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
61 KB, 540x511
>>339397660
>like?

Nigga you serious?
>>
>>339397829
>calling a game casual garbage means I want mods to ban it

You can play with your toys as much as you want, baby.

You don't have to get so triggered over people calling it shit
>>
>>339397884
>>custom servers
>>custom modes
>>community servers
You do know those are the things that killed TF2?
Instead of playing the actual game, people decided they would rather play on 24/7 2fort, Mario_Kart, Trade servers, and surfing maps.
Wanting people to god forbid play the game is a good thing

> 2 0 T I C K R A T E
The game is fast as fuck and runs at 60 FPS
20 tickrate only matters if you're going into competitive
>>
>>339397884
So basically PC bullshit?
>>
>>339398041
>I suspect Overwatch is going to cause a /vg2/ revolution.

Also, I love it how you guys are circlejerking about how /v/ is dead because they like a game you don't. I mean, I know these threads were made to be hugboxes, but still, I think 8ch would be more your level as they hate anything with more than 5 players
>>
Early 3D games on the N64 and on the PS1 aged horribly, and many of them does not even need it. Like the Zelda games.
>>
>>339398374
>implying that's me

Just because you quote two post it doesn't mean it's the same person, retard.

A lot of people think Overwatch is shit, get over it.
>>
sonic 06 it's more enjoyable than sonic boom
>>
>>339398535
>A lot of people think Overwatch is shit, get over it.
The only people who think that are the circlejerkers in this thread, as any other thread you post in you get BTFO by people who actually play the game
>>
>>339398041
>thinking games are anything more than casual garbage
>thinking you have better taste than anyone on this board
>thinking there's such a thing as good video game taste
>thinking that harder games means you're a better person
>thinking people who have fun with casual games are below you
>thinking I'm mad at your post
>thinking you're any better than my post
>thinking whatever you come up with is going to matter at all in the sea of never ending shitposting and falseflagging that is /v/
>>
>>339398678
Except that nobody is efectively trying to tell you Overwatch is shit, it is, and if you don't know why perhaps you should play more, non-blizzard videogames.

>>339398696
>this mad

ayy
>>
>>339398220
>give players more ways to play the game orther than the official game mode is a bad thing

Also custom servers et simila didn't exist only in TF2 you fucktard, they basically exist in every decent multiplayer FPS, and it extended the life of a lot of shooters. It is an objective flaw and you are defending it
>20 tickrate is enough if you aren't playing comp
>the game is fast

Ok I take it it's your first multiplayer based shooter you play.
>>
>>339391539
Christ I hate people like you. I bet you have "Fun" too you stupid piece of shit. Drink bleach cunt
>>
>Goldeneye is kinda shite
>Bioshock Infinite is much more fun to play than Bioshock 1
>Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zelda games ever
>Doom 3 (The BFG Edition at least) is better than both I and II.
>Undertale isn't overrated
>Mother 3 is better than Earthbound is just about every way
>MGS 2 is actually better than 1.
>>
>>339391508
Literal pleb.
>>
>>339399163
Undertale is probably overrated in some circles but it's still a good game.
>>
>>339398220
>custom servers killed TF2
Don't like custom servers? Play on valve servers, what is your point?
>>
>>339397292
You don't understand the meaning of "unpopular opinion". Get yourself chec-
>Serious Sam is the best arena shooter out there.
Only real unpopular opinion.
>>
Nintendo hasn't made a good console since the 64 and will never will make a good system ever again.

Nintendo hasn't made good games since the GC.

Melee is the future of fighters, too bad FGC niggers and Nintendo are too stupid and lazy to realize it.

Console gaming is literally PC gaming now.
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 430x233) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 430x233
>>339398220
>the game is fast as fuck and runs at 60 FPS
>thinking that FPS can help the atrocious tick-rate
>thinking that the game being fast benefits the low tick-rate
>>
>>339391508
>The last good Mario game was Sunshine and everything after was garbage
>Journey is THE most overrated game of all time
>The Dungeons in Majoras Mask are for the most part terrible and tedious. Still an amazing game though
>People that don't consider the Souls games JRPG's (Even though they're literally RPGs that were made in Japan) are booty bothered weebs that think its to "Western" and not "Anime" enough
>>
>>339400191
Well every time PoE is brought up it gets shitted to death.

And having 10 threads up about Overhype at all times doesn't help either

I'm maybe mistaken about CS:GO being generally considered better than 1.6
>>
>>339391508
>d3
>better than the king of arpg's
ebic, just ebic
>>
>>339400624
What about people who hate weeb stuff and that's why they don't see the Souls games as JRPGs because they like them?
>>
>>339400287
>Console gaming is literally PC gaming now.

Care to explan?
>>
>>339400853
Me and you both know that's not the case. People who hate weeb stuff don't give a fuck because they're normal and have better things to worry about.
>>
>>339401089
I think he meant that a console is now basically just a PC which you can not upgrade.
>>
>>339401089
Consoles are literally getting hardware upgrades soon.
Most games are being made for PC,PS4,Xbone that actually matter.
The PC has a more upfront cost while a console is a incremental cost that adds up.
Not to mention that fact that consoles are now playing indie games and are using proprietary PC hardware.

The only thing differentiating consoles and PCs is the exclusives.
>>
>>339399121
I am happy every waking moment of my life.
>>
>>339391508
in what world is this unpopular

everybody who's not retarded thinks this
>>
All souls and BB are pretty much the same game
Overwatch and MOBAs are not fun in the slightest
>>
Dragon Age and Mass Effect are shit. All of them.
>>
>>339402982
>The only thing differentiating consoles and PCs is the exclusives

That's an oversimplification, don't you think?
>>
>>339402982
>The only thing differentiating consoles and PCs is the exclusives

>what are mods
>what is lack of monthly subscriptions
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.