[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Baldur's Gate.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's Gate.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Find a flaw.
>>
there is a nigger
>>
thaco
>>
>>339373030
What's wrong with THACO?
>>
>>339372879
The combat system is flawed. Writing is subpar. It's a jumbled mess of different d&d versions.
>>
>>339373420

Pretty sure it's all just straight AD&D.
>>
>>339373548
It's still schizofrenic about what version it wants to use.
>>
>>339372879
Not as good as BG2

>>339373697
You're thinking of the Enhanced Editions where they added some 3E shit to Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>339374049
There were 3rd edition shit added to BG2 and ToB as well. Adding it back into BG1 only seems natural.
>>
>>339372879
>Single class thief is garbage
Bit better in EE but still worse than fighter/thief
>>
>>339372879
Only had the Canadian version of TotSC for some reason, and had to change my system setting to canada time to play it.

Apart from that, it's mostly fine. Probably would have been a bit nicer if it went to lvl 12 or so during normal play, though.
>>
>>339372879
>low level D&D so not many options in combat
>original engine is dated, need to mod it to play well
>can get kinda boring before you get to Baldur's Gate
Second one is just better
>>
>>339374251
BG2 came out before or right around the same time 3E did. They didn't add any 3E stuff.
>>
>>339376852
They're not getting confused with IWD2 are they? That was when they started moving over to 3E
>>
>>339377528
I think he is. IWD2 was a halfassed conversion too but I guess that's what happens when you try to rush a game to keep from going bankrupt.
>>
>>339372879
Vancian magic.
>>
File: get a load of this faggot.jpg (124 KB, 795x455) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this faggot.jpg
124 KB, 795x455
>>339373420
>Writing is subpar
Okay, I've just about had my fill...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.