[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game a meme or something? There's literally nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Systemshock2box.jpg (25 KB, 250x288) Image search: [Google]
Systemshock2box.jpg
25 KB, 250x288
Is this game a meme or something?

There's literally nothing scary about it but I've seen it in many horrors lists along with actual scary games like Silent Hill.

What's the big deal with this game? I literally burst out laughing with the deformed guy with the sticks.
>>
/v/ can't bring itself to admit that its a game that's aged like milk
>>
Have you finished it?
It gets a bit more horrific by the end.

To be honest though, it's usually added to "horror" lists because it's closer to horror than to a shooter, or to an RPG.
SS2 came out at this magic time when people were attempting to mix several kinds of games.
You the RPG/RTS, Some RTS/FPS and then the RPG/FPS.
It's not really one thing, it's a mix.

Also most people who played it when it was out first were 13-14. When you're a kid you shit a brick the first time you see a midwife.
>>
>>339367761
How has it aged like milk?
Seriously.
I had heard only vague glimpses of the game before it came out on Steam, and I played through it and immensely enjoyed it when it did.
The animations are wonky, and the Dark Engine is a little clunky, but I actually find the mechanics and gunplay to be way more fun than say- Bioshock. The clunkiness actually makes hitting things really satisfying, for instance.
>>
>>339367721
I personally played it for the first time in 2007, and loved it.

I never considered it as a horror game, but it was a magnificent scifi rpg-fps hybrid, with survival horror elements. True, some sections were atmospheric and creepy, and it was always unnerving to hear Midwife roam around.
>>
>>339369353

Pretty crazy how this game would be banned nowadays because of the midwives.
>>
I'd count this as a horror game. Scared the shit out of me watching my older cousins play it. You're in a hostile survival situation and everything wants you dead, that's about as horror as it gets in those days
>>
File: 1359202567957.jpg (80 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1359202567957.jpg
80 KB, 1920x1080
SIR.
WHERE.ARE.YOU?
>literally nothing scary about it
>>
>>339367721
Get a graphics mod.

The game works great. Funnily enough, I was playing it when I saw this thread.
>>
>>339371603
You know, the Many have their share of Horror moments. But those Droids?
Fuck that whole Hangar sequence. The droids are pure fucking horror.
Especially when they make that one faster-paced sound. The one that means they've spotted you and they're coming to help you.

Fuck'em with a rake.

>>339371686
This too. Vurts and some other fellas have some graphic mods that update the texture size and some meshes. The game looks great with those.
>>
>>339367761
Never played SS2 but I played Deus Ex first in 2015 and it's fucking amazing still
>>
>>339371686
>Funnily enough, I was playing it when I saw this thread.

It's not a coincidence. 4chan users are welded together by meme magic
>>
>>339367761
People only say this as bait, right? I played it this year for the first time and it was great.
>>
>>339367721
Finished it two weeks ago for the first time. I can't say I loved it, maybe it's because it aged a bit, but I found it perfectly playable after twerking with controls a bit.

Real good horror, too bad the ending is so shit I don't consider it part of the game itself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.