[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kingdom of amalur reckoning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: kingdoms.png (678 KB, 802x361) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms.png
678 KB, 802x361
what does /v/ think of pic related?

is it fun?
>>
It's the most average game I've ever played.
>>
>>339367391
I got a physical copy for 5 bucks, it's a nice game but nothing special. Though it was exactly what I was hoping for, just basic mediavel magic 'n shit RPG
Also Grant Kirkhope composed the OST, one of the best video game composer of all time
>>
Offline MMO. Really mediocre. Might be worth it if you see it going for bargain bin prices.

Game studio got funded by the Rhode Islands Economic Development Corporation and got sued since the studio didn't disclose the game would be a financial failure (since it would need 3 million copies to break even)
>>
A shining example of quantity over quality.
>>
>>339367391
Unremarkable game.
>>
>>339367391
used to fine
gotta say though its kinda a wasted potential
>>
It's shit
Combat is spamming 2 or 3 combos, no matter what you spec into
Story is generic as hell
It's way too big and every single sidequest is boring
After 3 hours or so, you will stay overleveled for the rest of the game, making the combat even more insultingly easy
>>
>>339367391
I asked for "single-player MMORPG " and /v/ gave me this

It's good?
>>
>>339368189

No, it's mediocre-leaning-towards-bad.
>>
>>339367391
Pretty meh
>>
>>339368189

The lore is basic LOTR-bullshit knockoff and the stupid prophecy rubbish thats in every game these days.

I lapped it up.
>>
I think it's fun. I bought it because I wanted an rpg in which I can just loot and level up without the hassle of MMOs, and I got what I wanted. Was able to play through it once and started several characters since then just for the sake of it.

Remember that /v/ will trash any game that ins't a solid 9/10.

>>339368308
I don't think there was any prophecy. Your character is basically the un-chosen one.
>>
>>339368420

My bad. Years of consuming this type of media just blends it all together.
>>
>>339368420
Have you tried Dragon's Dogma?
I fairly enjoyed that game, will I like this as well?
>>
>>339367391
If you need something to kill your time and you don't have any paint to watch then this is the game for you.

It isn't a good game by any means but it isn't so bad its good either, its just a really bland and boring game. The literal definition of average.
>>
File: sr1.jpg (14 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
sr1.jpg
14 KB, 350x262
>>339368420
Oh yeah, the protagonist is the only one who can change fate, never heard that one before!
Also, the hero is still the one person who can save the world, calling it "fateless" doesn't make him any less of a chosen one
>>
>>339368515
DD has charm, personality and satisfying gameplay.

KoAR has...
>>
>>339367391
No it isn't.

>>339368515
I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma, but I couldn't bring myself to finish KoA. It's not bad, I just didn't see any reason to carry on. I wasn't really having fun nor was I invested in the story/world.
>>
>>339368515
No.They are both different games.Dragon's Dogma has fun combat with different skills and climbing and shit.KoA is WoW without internet.
>>
>>339368515
DD is my favorite game, but both don't have much in common. Though they are both rpgs which focus on combat and action. If that's your thing you should try it out. Some of the weapons are pretty satisfying.

>>339368546
My point still stands. No prophecy and changing fate is a pretty big deal in this world in which everything seems set in stone. The biggest flaw is that the game did not much with this premise.
>>
>>339367391
it's worth pirating
just dont buy it
>>
>>339368634
Just give it to me straight doc, what does KoAR have

>>339368641
>>339368668
>>339368710
Alright, I'll keep these in mind. Thanks for the input. I'll watch a few more youtube videos about it and decide whether to buy it or not during the summer sale.
>>
>>339368775
It's cheap as fuck in every sale so just buy it.
>>
>>339368136
Fuck anon. That's the most accurate summary of a game I've ever seen..

That being said you might get a few hours of enjoyment if you get it on sale and blast through the story as fast as possible.
>>
File: 1462930792458.jpg (20 KB, 505x378) Image search: [Google]
1462930792458.jpg
20 KB, 505x378
>Average
>generic fantasy
>unremarkable

My my, how your past child would tut with disappointment. When did you lose your sense of adventure /v/?
>>
>>339367391
The game company completely obliterated my home state of Rhode Island so fuck them and fuck their game.
>>
>>339367391
so boring
>>
Only fun for two hours with nude mod. Otherwise a garbage game.
>>
>>339367391
It is great. Better than any overhyped Bethesdatrash rpg out there.
>>
File: laughing frog.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
laughing frog.png
121 KB, 258x245
>>339369225
>>
>>339367391

World looks nice and is fun to explore albeit the postprocessing effects are shit, as always.
This combat system is ok but it's really easy and you can get really op.
The game is too long for it's own good (singleplayer mmo)
>>
>>339369101
When I played enough games to recognize bland shit
>>
>>339369495
dumb frogposter
>>
>>339367391

It's fun and well made but the makers are all dusted and gone. You'll never get a sequel or any future DLC so play it and enjoy the ride. Get it cheap. Sincerely, you will have a good time.
>>
>>339367802
Not true. Amalur was funded exclusively through EA Partners. The game that fucked Rhode Island was the MMO amalur was supposed to be.

my best bud worked for the studio, and they promised to sell his house as part of a relocation package, but never changed his name on the mortgage and when the company went under he was handed a bill for 1 year back mortgage on top of the new house he had bought. Fuck schilling
>>
>>339370238
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/2012/07/38-studios-end-game/

great article on it btw. they basically canceled everyones health insurance in a back alley way to get more credit for a lifesaving loan but didnt tell anyone. They only found out when a lead's wife went for pre-natal care and found out she couldnt pay for ultrasounds.

Pretty much the worst, but way more interesting than Amalur
>>
>>339367391
It is fun.

For no more than 5 hours though. Got tired of it faster than of Skyrim.
>>
>>339367391
First half was cool, second was garbage.
>>
>>339367391
It reeks of generic bullshit all over the place, really. Doesn't excel at anything.

>>339367553
>>
>>339367391
Incredibly boring setup, world, lore, dialogue etc.

Combat is like Fable/Darksiders action-fame-with-no-real-finesse-required, but you get some nice build variety.

If you're bored and hungry for an aRPG, you could do much worse. Two Worlds is on sale after all lmao
>>
>>339367391
Don't get me wrong the side quests are plain awful and the main story is mostly average but the exploring and combat is pretty awesome especially when using the Chakras

Spent a decent 30+ hours on it mostly blazed. Just a fun exploring game if you feel like something you haven't played before
>>
This was the first game whose disc I broke in half because I knew it wasn't even worth taking back. The only redeeming factor is that the combat is nifty. The art style, story, weird allusions to Norse cultures, and world as flat and dead as a fucking corpse. This is probably the least cohesive fantasy game made in years and I wouldn't spend $3 on it.
>>
Offline MMO in the worst way possible. It's just boring to play it beyond a few hours. It's cool that they wanted to make a big game, but it's all just pointless padding and repeating the same shit ad nauseam. Classic case of too much being too much.
>>
>>339371660
Two Worlds the first one is a lot better than KoAR tbbqh.
>>
>>339367391
I enjoyed it
>>
Grant Kirkhope did the music.
I guess that's a plus?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.