[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 or XBOX 360 controller for PC? I'm planning to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: two-controllers.jpg (99 KB, 560x502) Image search: [Google]
two-controllers.jpg
99 KB, 560x502
PS4 or XBOX 360 controller for PC?

I'm planning to get one when playing sports and driving games on the PC. Which is better? I've read reviews that the xbox one controller isn't better than the 360 so I'm better of buying the cheaper one.
>>
No real difference other than your own preference. People with larger hands tend to like the Xbox controller more as it is bigger. In my opinion the ps3 controller is the best one since I have been a playstation man from the first one.

Go to a gamestop and hold both in your hand to decide which one feels better.
>>
>>339356257

It's the greatest controller ever made to be honest. IMO it's even better than the Xbone one.
>>
Many PC games use 360 button prompts, none use the Sony ones without modding. Just something to consider.
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (41 KB, 613x542) Image search: [Google]
s-l640.jpg
41 KB, 613x542
Get this one. It has a 3.5mm audio jack in the controller you can get audio from while wired. It also comes with a nifty little USB extender. I'm able to kick back on my bed with headphones and controller, or if I need to charge my Android phone I just unplug the controller for a minute.
>>
360. Unless you're going to be playing fighting games with a dpad

DS4 is a good design but it's built like shit.
>>
>>339356806
This. I prefer the PS4 controller but I have a 360 controller for my pc because I dont want to use an emulator with xbox inputs. Some newer games do use ps4 natively though (i.e. Arkham Knight)
>>
>>339356257
PS3 controller for PC.
Literally the best choice.
So don't use either the PS4 OR the 360 controller.
>>
>>339356989
lol don't listen to this meme
PS3 controllers don't seem to work well on the PC
>>
>>339357095
Only game I ever had problems with on my ps3 controller in my steam library is Rogue legacy.

T: another ps3fag.
>>
I use the DS4 for PC games. Never had an issue with compatibility if you use something like DS4Tool. As pointed out though, every PC game uses Xbox button prompts.
>>
>>
>>339357196
You probably have small girly hands that's why you prefer the smaller controller
>>
File: 1399006914867.jpg (2 KB, 126x108) Image search: [Google]
1399006914867.jpg
2 KB, 126x108
Both PS4 and Xbone are great controllers. Last gen ones were also very good and not as overpriced.
>>
>>339357316
You would be happy to touch my girly hands, closest you would ever get to the real thing.

They are really soft too
>>
Does the black 360 controller come in a wired model?
Does /v/ prefer wired for less input lag?
Are there any /v/ approved rechargeable batteries for the wireless version?
>>
>>339357405
The store here still sells 360 controllers for like 40-60$
>>
>>339357513
Last time I checked, wireless 360 wasn't plug&play on PC and required an additional dongle. Wired just werks.
>>
>>339356257
360/xbone are interchangeable in features, best thing is to test out which you prefer in a store. Both excellent for driving/sports/shooting or whatever.

PS3 controller has pressure sensitive face buttons and triggers, which is handy if you emulate PS2/gaycube, and has the best d-pad for 2d/fighting games. Requires 3rd party drivers to work properly though amd can be wireless with any bt dongle
>>
So the consensus is that 360 controller is better than Steam controller?
>>
>>339357789
Can I play Final Fantasy games (not emulated) for the PC with an XBOX 360 controller?

I'm already leaning towards the 360 but it seems that the PS3 controller is much better for RPGs which I fail to mention in my OP post.
>>
>>339357493
Soft Girly hands masterrace here reporting in, looks super weird on me however because i'm 6'2 and have lifted since early teens. would happily trade some of my gains for large manly hands
>>
>>339356257
i use a ps3 controller because having the sticks not next to each other is just weird

also i like pressing shoulder buttons, not clicking them. I wish the controller was as big as 360, though
>>
Why? I prefer to use my Xbox One controller over my 360 one. The ergonomics are better and I prefer the joysticks a lot more too.

>>339356989
The Dual shock 4 works out of the box on PC, the Dual shock 3 requires a few extra steps. The DS4 is probably a better controller anyways, I don't see a reason to get a DS3.
>>
>>339356257
I initially liked the ps4 controller (ds4). However, the analogue sticks are such poor quality that they stop working properly if you play any games that require L3/R3 buttons. I have replaced 2 controllers in 1 year.
>>
>>339358041
Played FFVII on Steam with an Xbox One controller. I had to download something to fix the controller support, but it's pretty easy to set up. I forgot what the exact problem was, it's been a while since I played it.
>>
>>339358382
What about the xbox 360 controller?
>>
>>339358259
I don't think the dualshock 4 works out the box, I had to download a program to get it working
>>
>>339356806

>none use the Sony ones without modding

rocket league
witcher 3

both use the ps4 ones without modding
>>
>>339356257

Take this from a certified Sonygger OP, but I simply cannot deny that Xbox has the better controller of the two.

Go for Xbox.
>>
>>339358259
>I don't see a reason to get a DS3
DS4 is something like 60 bucks? Double that and you'll get a whole used PS3, let alone a controller
>>
>>339358503

add mad max to that list too
>>
>>339358429
I would assume it works because iirc the patch I downloaded was actually for the 360 controller, it just works for the Xbox One controller as well because I think the Xbox One controller acts like a 360 controller on PC 99% of the time. I'm sorry my memory is so hazy, you can probably find what I'm talking about off Google.
>>
360, unless you want to use it to play fighting games. Best option though is Xbone, that's all around good.
>>
>>339358503
Yeah
But 360 works with all the games out of the box.
>>
>>339358548
Well an Xbox One controller is $40 new, works out of the box on Windows, does not have the cheap joysticks of the DS4, and PC games already use Xbox controller icons for controls. Unless you really prefer the 360 controller or have a different controller already sitting around, I'd just get an Xbox One controller.
>>
>>339358580
OP here. I'm a PC gamer since I was a child and never owned a console aside from the gameboy advance or PSP. Why is it that the 360 controller sucks for fighting games?

The last time I play fighting games was with my friends on the PS2 (tekken) or the old Xbox hueg.
>>
>>339356257
Either or. Both are good. I bought both, I like them both. I prefer PS4 because I'm more use to the PS controller style and I have tiny baby hands, but otherwise they're alright.

>>339358460
They do, but only as DirectInput. Which a lot of games no longer support in favor of XInput. Good news, though, more games are supporting DirectInput because of the PS4. So that's a thing, I guess.

I use DS4windows and switch between the two with profiles because games that naturally support the PS4 change their buttons to PS buttons, and I like that. Otherwise, for most newer, yeah, you'll still probably want to have some kind of XInput wrapper installed.
>>
>>339358680
Not him, but my XBone controller has a wonky, touchy DPad and the triggers seem too forward to me. And, yes, I do have one of the newer controllers.

It feels like the DPad input isn't read unless you're really exact in your DPad presses.
>>
>>339358769
Because if you play fighting on a controller you're using d-pad, and 360 d-pad is fucking abysmal, there's barely any precision in it which isn't a problem for your usual modern game where it only serves as an item selector with four directions, but in a fighting game where a difference between forward and forward+up can cost you a match it's unusable. Xbone controller fixed that issue.
>>
Does the Xbox One wireless receiver for PC support sending audio through the headphone jack in the controller just like on the Xbox One? ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZB7W4QU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1464604222&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=xbox+one+controller+wireless&dpPl=1&dpID=219kQ7JAPhL&ref=plSrch )
I'm considering getting it because I already have an Xbox One controller and being able to use the headphone jack on the controller for PC games would be convenient.
>>
Xbone is damned nice. The buttons and the triggers feel really good somehow.
>>
>>339358949
The triggers are the biggest improvement over the 360 controller by far IMO. Personally, I don't get why someone would pick a 360 controller over an Xbone one.

>>339358865
Have you compared it to a controller you know is working 100% how it's supposed to? Mine don't have any problems with the dpad (I have two, an early one from before they had headphone jacks built in and a newer one with the headphone jack built in). As for the triggers, I don't quite get what you mean. If you don't like how they feel, I guess that's just your preference.
>>
>>339359239
>Have you compared it to a controller you know is working 100% how it's supposed to?
No clue since I don't have another controller unfornately, so it might just be a manufacturing issue. I remember seeing a vague thread on a message board with the same issue, but there's only like two or three, and all of them tend to end with everyone going idk lol.

>As for the triggers, I don't quite get what you mean. If you don't like how they feel, I guess that's just your preference.
Yeah, pretty much. I wasn't saying it was an objective problem or something, more as I just don't like it. They feel too forward facing compared to PS controllers which are what I'm use to. Like I feel they could have been angled back a bit or something?
>>
>>339359239
>>339359372
Actually, testing it now, it's more that it's DPad isn't sensitive enough for me. I have to push it in pretty hard to get inputs without issues.

Could just be a manufacturing thing or maybe preference, though.

It's the Elite forces controller, so for anyone looking to get one, I'd avoid that one just in case it's something wrong with that batch specifically.
>>
>I've read reviews that the xbox one controller isn't better than the 360
Hmm I really don't know OP, I was listening to those reviews too until I tested an xbone controller at a games store. I think you need to do the same. A lot of the criticisms I was hearing online about it are just bullshit, imho. Go to a games store and feel one in your hands.
>>
>>339356257
a wired 360 controller, you literally just plug it and play, no need to fiddle around with drivers
>>
>>339359578
>Elite
meant covert
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.