[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw you're such a shitter at Overwatch you can only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: soldier-76-gameplay.jpg (75 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
soldier-76-gameplay.jpg
75 KB, 700x396
>Tfw you're such a shitter at Overwatch you can only use Soldier 76 and Reinhardt effectively

Who else would you recommend for someone who is terrible at the game? I'm no healslut so support is out of the question.
>>
Uninstall wizard
>>
Thank you for another Overwatch thread m8

Appreciate it
>>
>>339355876
>I'm no healslut so support is out of the question.
You are the cancer. Have a sage.
>>
>>339355876
git gud
>>
Winston is a pretty good low skill-cap character. You don't have to aim and his abilities are all very simple.

Mei is also easy to be decent with, but getting max potential out of her does take some skill.
>>
Don't feel bad. What matters is winning the game, not what some 16-year old anime NEET on /v/ thinks.
>>
>>339355969
Why? Because I don't want to spend my time in the game healing people? Fuck that. Also I do plenty of healing with soldier already. I'm the first motherfucker to drop that shit on a point so everybody can stay alive a little longer.
>>
>>339355876
definitely reaper. im actually surprised you didnt mention him.

his dodge move lasts long enough to retreat to a safe distance or back to your teammates.
>>
How is it possible for someone to be bad at something as shallow as Overwatch?
>>
File: 1464145752860.jpg (28 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1464145752860.jpg
28 KB, 480x352
>>339355876
Junkrat, quite literally braindead
>>
>>339355876
>Who else would you recommend for someone who is terrible at the game?

Luc-

>I'm no healslut so support is out of the question.

Wow, fuck you man. You should be playing whatever role the team needs you to be.
>>
>>339356103
>Because I don't want to spend my time in the game healing people?
Because you're not willing to put the team before yourself. You are a bad teammate.
>>
>>339356141
I dunno, man, I just seem to get my shit pushed in whenever I use anybody but S76 or Reinhardt. I do like Reinhardt, and pushing the objective while protecting people always feels good, but holy fuck I cannot get a kill with him to save my life.
>>
>>339355876
>>>/vg/
>>
>>339356205
There's usually somebody else willing to support, so it's not a big deal I don't wanna do it. I'm surprised at how many people pick Mercy right off the bat. I've tried her out a few times and she's completely boring. Also get heal really needs to attach itself to more than one person, or at least have the option to do so. She also has no AoE heal which I find confusing since she's pure support with no offensive abilities.
>>
>>339356473
>All these halfbaked assumptions and that attitude.

I think >>339355913 had the right idea.
>>
Junkrat and Pharah require no aiming skills
>>
Bastion and Torbjorn are both easy
>find a spot where enemies can only really get to from one direction
>Build/become turret
>Gun enemies down by the hundreds
>>
>>339356473
>I understand nothing about the game and then wonder why I suck
You're right, you couldn't even manage to play Lucio effectively.
>>
>>339356304
How to get kills as Reinhardt
>Charge unsuspecting enemies
>pin them to the wall
>hit them with your hammer
Anything that isn't a tank is dead
Or, Q some fuckers, and either charge them or just whack em like the bitches they are
E is for whenever you need range
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-30 06.16.50.png (856 KB, 1359x742) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-30 06.16.50.png
856 KB, 1359x742
This happened some minutes ago
>>
>>339358221
How the fuck did your team lose that
>>
>>339358221
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>339356217
You shouldn't play a game to get minimum enjoyment out of it just to please others.
>>
>>339356304
>Bad at the game
>Not gonna use support cuz fuck that
Stay bad at the game fool. I swear every casual ass tom dick and Joe bought this shit.
>>
>>339355876
There's no shame in playing 76. He's a solid pick on offense or defense, effective at most ranges, highly mobile, and is a great secondary healer on top of it all. Reinhardt is also pretty great, but he's more of a force multiplier than a force himself. So he's only as good as his team.

I'd recommend picking up Pharah: her weapons are easy to pick up by spamming at crowds, but if you get practice you can start landing direct hits which do way more damage. She also encourages you to attack from above and behind, so you'll learn a lot about the maps.

Roadhog is also pretty EZ. He's a big fat fuck with a shotgun, that simple. At longer ranges, right click for a longer-range shotgun blast. Like 76 he can heal himself. And if you git gud at landing the hook and pulling off a quick hook-shotgun-melee combo, you'll be an absolute nightmare for anyone with less than 200 health.
>>
does anyone know about the discount key for the origins edition? someone posted here on /v/ a few days ago about a 45% discount and posted 25% discount code as well
Wasn't that interested at the time
>>
>>339357229
Don't listen to this guy OP. You're not supposed to be going for kills as Reinhardt.

Basically your job is to dictate the range of the fight. Bunch of 76es and Hanzos shitting on your guys? You just put up the shield and laugh as you march your friends right up into their faces.

Be wary of close-ranged heroes like McCree, Mei, and Symmetras who actually know how to play. They don't give a fuck about your big stupid shield and will gladly challenge you to a close-range fight, and it won't go well for you. Trust your team to keep them at bay.

Your E is sort of an extension to this, it's good for spamming down chokepoints or into big groups. It also goes through shields so you can fuck up enemy Reinhardts.

Once you've successfully pushed to the objective (usually a control point), you can stop shielding and start fucking shit up with the hammer. DO NOT charge right out of a shield, because
>1. Your team will suddenly be without a shield and probably die and it'll be all your fault
>2. You will probably miss the charge since the enemies are all focused on you
>3. You will probably die since charging into the middle of a group is a really bad idea

Also note that your abilities all have a delay, so shield-walking up to Bastion and charging is an awful idea since he'll kill you first.

Charging in the middle of a chaotic close-quarters fuck-shit-up fight is a great idea, you not only damage the shit out of an enemy but essentially take him out of the fight. Did that faggot Bastion just turn into a tank, his micropenis already leaking in anticipation of the awesome POTG he's about to get? Not today bitch, charge his ass because your charge is a complete shutdown of most ultimates in the game. Just charge, then beat the shit out of him, then return to the fight.

Your Q is basically a win button for one of these close-range fuck-shit-up fights. Press Q, and the whole team is disabled for a long-ass time.
>>
>>339362198
I should have said that Reinhardt shouldn't focus on getting kills
But OP asked how to get kill as Reinhardt
You're right though in what Reinhardt needs to do
Be the shield of the team and only really fight when you reached the capture point
>>
>>339355876
mcree
>press E
>press right click

congratulations you are now a professional mcree
>>
>>339362365
Well no, my problem with what you said is that you make it sound like shift is his first option for attack. The hammer has deceptively huge range and decent damage, it should be plenty for bullying all the retarded Genjis and Tracers who swarm the point and dance around, and your team can handle the bigger threats.
That charge is a precious ability and you probably only get one per fight, save it for ulting faggots or freshly-spawned tanks.
>>
>>339355876
I'm terrible and I always had success with Junkrat (attack) and Roadhog (defend). Mei is surprisingly easy 1v1 and it is always staisfying as fuck when you block some bad shit with her wall. If my team is terrible and losing is guaranteed I tend to pick a character with a strong ult to do at least a team wipe eventually. If they still can't capture or push the load at least I had my potg.
>>
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.