[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I require your help. My PC recently died and I am currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
/v/ I require your help. My PC recently died and I am currently bored as hell on my sister's abomination of nature. I'm looking for a grindy mmo/rpg/whateverhaveyou to pass the time till next month when I can at the very least rent a PC better than this. With this set up, what do you reccomend?

Any and all insults will be taken and used against my sister for paying 400 bucks on this piece of shit.
>>
Anons of /v/ I beg of you.
>>
>>339338148
Vindictus is free and a fun game until you get to high lvl 20's and then you'll feel the grind.
>>
>>339339920
Would it run on this thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 741x741) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 741x741
>>339338148
Runescape is a pretty good choice. Low spec requirements and very grindy

If you play long enough you'll eventually reach a zen state of mind and actually start enjoying the grind
>>
>>339340162
Shit, it's been a long time since I've played, isn't there old versions of runescape and the new runescape? Which one should I play?
>>
>>339340140
Sure, it'll just look like an N64 game.
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 590x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 590x714
>>339340298
I enjoy the newer one. Pretty sure you need a membership to play old school; I could be wrong

It's also pretty easy to pay for membership with the in-game currency. Though I'd suggest paying for at least 1 month first since it's much easier to grind skills/make gold on a member's server
>>
>>339340298
Old runescape is members only, although you can use old style in new format now. Haven't play in about a year though might have changed. All the new lore should keep you entertained in new rs.
>>
>>339338148
Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>339340559
>>339340621
You can play OSRS for free. It was members-only at first but they lifted it about a year later iirc.
>>
>>339340559
Paying ingame requires high slayer to be efficient imo. Unless you enjoy spending most of the time paying off virtual debts.
>>
>>339340621
I didn't even know there was fucking lore.

>>339340754
I did play for a bit, but after having my dwarves die of starvation I quit.
>>
>>339340559
How much is it in game now, thread has made me want to check it out.
>>
>>339338148
Mechcommander 1 and 2, it's free off microsoft
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x502
>>339340946
Working the GE is pretty reliable if you experiment a little

I like to get creative making my gold though. Selling stories and riddles to people, I make 5mil on a good day. Lots of members with disposable income just looking for a fun experience
>>
>>339341317
Never been good at ge, too impatient.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x301
>>339341151
I think it takes 15-20 mil for two weeks of membership. It varies greatly since it's whatever other players are charging for it. Keep in mind there's likely been a lot of inflation since you've last played, so don't let the price intimidate you

>>339341661
I'd suggest starting simple. Just look at the default material costs for something, and see what the default sell price is for whatever you're making.

You'd be surprised how many things are completely viable to craft and still make good exp and gold at the same time
>>
>>339341051
What exactly is the lore of RS? All I remember during my youth playing it was "Kill goblins over and over for a couple days then quit"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.