[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game would would literally be the best entry in the series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: Ace_Attorney_5_cover.jpg (42 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Attorney_5_cover.jpg
42 KB, 256x256
This game would would literally be the best entry in the series if it was harder and Athena wasn't in it
>>
>>339328303
This series would've been much better had it ended already
>>
>>339328303
I'm shitposting on /v/
>>
>>339328303
I mean it would be BETTER, but definitely not the best
>>
>>339330775
It would definitely be second, considering T&T is shit and the only thing JFA has going for it is the last case
>>
>>339328303
Agreed on difficulty, but Athena is perfectly fine.
>>
>>339331147
She almost literally has the same backstory as Edgeworth
>>
File: AAI2 Boxart.jpg (43 KB, 460x415) Image search: [Google]
AAI2 Boxart.jpg
43 KB, 460x415
>>339330923
>>
File: 1327033041919.png (17 KB, 627x526) Image search: [Google]
1327033041919.png
17 KB, 627x526
>>339330923
>T&T is shit
>>
>>339332129
I mean in terms of mainline games
>>
>>339332216
It is, Recipe for Turnabout is abysmal only exists for the fanservice of having Maya and Mia in maid outfits, I honestly don't get why people say Turnabout Big Top is the worst when 3-3 is way worse, I also feel like 3-1 and 3-4 are backwards, wouldn't it make more sense if Dahlia got her comeupence later instead of the beginning, and don't even get me started on 3-5
>>
>>339332225
Why limit yourself to mainline? AAIs are just as legit as the main games.

Although I agree with those changes it could have been second best of the mainline.
>>
>>339332492
3-1 was the best 1st case up until that point by far. 3-2 is probably the best 2nd case in the whole series. 3-3 is a decent 3rd case, at least better and more memorable than most other 3rd cases. I'm not sure how you think it's worse than 2-3, and I think most people would agree. The murder coverup was actually pretty clever. And 3-5 was an excellent wrap-up of the trilogy. I get that some people have some problems with it, but overall it was extremely memorable, had pretty great twists, and wrapped up pretty much every characters' arcs.

The whole point of 3-4 being later is to have you only understand why 3-1 was important later in the game. Otherwise everything with Godot would have been obvious even earlier.
>>
>>339332492
Yeah, 3-5 is pretty heavily overrated
>>
File: XD.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
XD.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>339328303

> not wanting waifu
>>
>>339328303
>If it was harder
Why? do you really like your annoying trial-and-error gameplay?.

The strongest point of this series has always been its storyline alone,its a visual novel for crying out loud.
>>
>>339334339
Not him, but DD was piss easy. The story is definitely why I play the games, but actually solving the mystery is half the fun. There were a lot of interesting and complex testimonies that you actually had the think about in some of the previous games. DD just carted you along from place to place and testimony to testimony. It felt like it often pointed out the piece of evidence you needed rather than trusting you to figure it out yourself.
>>
>>339328303

I don't understand why people hate Athena. I don't absolutely love her, but she's fine. She has an arc, her plot works pretty well. I guess they're mad because she replaced their precious waifu Maya/Trucy/Ema/etc (the only one of which I actually care about is Maya but she had three whole games to develop).
>>
>>339334893
She exists only to abuse Apollo.
Jokes aside I'm fine with her, all though I don't feel like she's fleshed out enough.
>>
>>339328303
Im fine with Athen,a kinda liked her in the end.
the fucking difficulty tho...its not even Easy mode.
ITS FUCKING AUTOPLAY.
First cases were garbage, the school one was decent and HOLY FUCK THE LAST ONE is probably the only one i really enjoyed. the game is worth just for that case, absoluetely brilliant.
>>
>>339334893
She's fine, but they really didn't need to introduce another main character into the series. Considering Apollo got shafted in his own game, he really needs more cases under his belt to actually develop. They did manage to squeeze some out of him in DD, but not enough. Mainline AA now just feels super crowded. Every game has to have Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Trucy, Edgeworth, and now Maya and Ema again. I get having reoccurring characters, but when you have so many main attorneys, it's kinda overwhelming. There's not enough time to actually have everyone do something. Who knows, maybe AA6 will prove me wrong.
>>
>>339328303
I just wish they understand that there is more than 5games with the same style. Every fucking game has a tutorial case and they keep introducing and explaining slowly New and Old mechanics is so fucking stupid
>>
>Japanese release date: June
>Western release date: September

Welp, it was nice knowing you /v/. This game is gonna get spoiled silly by some massive faggots so I'm sure as shit not sticking around.
>>
>>339335287
I thought he last case was the easiest one of all. Probably because I guessed who was the killer and somehow was right.
>>
>>339335486
B-but Anon-kun, how are you going to discuss ZTD with us?

You are going to play ZTD, right?
>>
>>339331435
Athena was raised by Manfred von Karma?
>>
>Finally slog through Turnabout Bigtop
>Heard 2-4 is best in the game
>Oldbag shows up
>Then Lotta
WHY DO THEY KEEP COMING BACK?
>>
>>339335530
difficult aside-its still fucking autoplay-the narration is pretty good and the case is overturned a lot of times. the real culprits identity is a big plot twist and i couldnt have seen unless SOME FUCKING RETARD SPOILERED IT FOR ME .
im playing the dlc case now and im having fun...big porblem, i got that spoilered too. And I even fucking havent met the real killer yet...
>>
>>339335460

I pretty much agree, one of the great things about AAI2 is that its first case is huge. It didn't mess around. It would be nice if AA6 is the same way, though it's gonna introduce the spirit mirror gimmick so who knows? AA5 was supposed to be an entry point for newcomers, so maybe with AA6 they won't feel obligated to be so handholdy.

>>339335579

I don't know. It's certainly a dilemma.
>>
>>339335772
You can save some cash, memory, and time by reusing sprites. Classic Jewcom.
>>
>>339335897

Oldbag had a new sprite though.
>>
>>339335460
I agree, I also personally don't like how every game feels self-contained. There's rarely any references/connections to past games and while I can understand why, I don't think they do it right when they do try to reference past games.

It just feels like they take too long just so they can set up the final case. Hell, while I'm at it I'll also say that I'm sick of flashback cases.
>>
>would be the best in the series if you completely changed it.
Sounds about right.
>>
>>339335809
Yeah it's a pretty easy game. I still think they should do what they did in AAI, where you get more chances but every incorrect choice gets you penalized, including Apollo and Athena's powers.

And stop pointing out the god damn obvious before every evidence presenting.
>>
>>339335714
>almost
>>
>>339337007
That's like saying Apollo and Nick have similar backstories because they both had DA mentors.
>>
>>339335530
Are you saying you randomly picked a random profile when given the option to present one and it was right, or you somehow figured it out before hand? because if it's the former, then it has nothing to do with difficulty, it's just plain luck
>>
>>339337291
>both accused of murder in the last trial
>both had a parent murdered
>they both thought they did it themselves
>they both had someone to cover for them and practically ruined someones life
>>
>>339337375
The latter. I only got around to play Dual Destinies recently, but typically the true bad guy was already a character with a sprite that you meet in the case or throughout the game.

Before the whole robot hostage scenario, I looked through the profiles and just did some deducting. Few minutes later I had my guess but rolled along because I thought I was wrong.

I was actually surprised to found out I was right.
>>
>>339337530
>>both accused of murder in the last trial
Literally everybody in the series has been accused of murder except Mia
>both had a parent murdered
So did Trucy. Pretty common for a series where it's literally always murder.
>>they both thought they did it themselves
She never thought she did it herself, Blackquill did. At least not until the trial.
>they both had someone to cover for them and practically ruined someones life
Yogi didn't cover for Edgeworth at all, he took the fall for Von Karma. Blackquill made a sacrifice, Yogi was forcibly sentenced thanks to a corrupt system.
>>
File: 1394241552757.png (11 KB, 66x155) Image search: [Google]
1394241552757.png
11 KB, 66x155
>>339334339
>Witness gives testimony
>The solution is either obvious or they outright tell you.

I actually liked how they streamlined the investigation sections. A little ore freedom would have been nice, but combing for the one trigger needed to progress in the investigation was my least favorite art of the old games. But making the meat of the game so simple? Just terrible. But the music and 3D models were good, and I sorta like what they did with the main villain, even if he only came up near the end.
>>
>>339337821
How the fuck do you guess that it was Fulbright? literally nothing points to him until the last trial
>>
>This game would be better if they completely changed it
Hurrrr
>>
>>339337927
Edgeworth didn't think he did it himself unitl the last trial either
>>
>>339338076
Wrong. Edgeworth always believed he did it when he threw the gun.
>>
>>339338306
Edgeworth didn't even remember that he threw the gun until the Trial Day 2 when he started having nightmares about it
>>
>>339338429
We don't know what he thought from the time he was a kid, for all we know he's had those nightmares since he was young. He definitely knew the gun went off when he threw it.
>>
>>339338534
IIRC He says himself that he started having the nightmares only recently since DL-6 was being brought up a lot
>>
>>339337986
Thought it was odd that he was the lead detective at the space station, and phoenix kept bringing it up on how odd it was. I mean other than that it was pure intuition. Would've been weird to introduce a new character near the end of the case, and most of the other witnesses had alibis. And when Athena's mother came up, I figured if it wasn't Athena or Blackquill that killed her, it's probably the same guy we're dealing with.

Trust me, I wasn't expecting to be right.
>>
>>339338665
They already had info that a bombing was going to happen, I know the police were keeping quiet about it, but up to this point, Fulbright's character was all about justice and shit, so it isn't to crazy to see that he'd go out of his way to help out
>>
>>339338868
Yeah it made sense at first and when he talked about Blackquill's struggles I felt like he could do no wrong. As the case went on, however, I felt like him being there was off. Don't remember why though.

Still, I was kinda disappointed he didn't put up much of a fight when you pointed him out.
>>
Reminder that Maya is going to fucking die in AA6
>>
>>339331435
nah dude i agree
Athena's story was totally a rehash of Edgeworth's
except worse and way less interesting
>>
>>339337987
well it's true
>>
>>339340096
If that happens then I'll be so glad I'll never buy that. tbqh The grandpa Wright one with Watson is more interesting, but we just can't have nice things in life.
>>
>>339341032
DGS is the only time I've ever considered making a petition for something, but then I realized it wouldn't matter, because Capcom wouldn't budge unless it had 3 million signatures, when realistically, it'd only have 10,000 at best
>>
>>339341032
Seriously, why the fuck didn't they localize that one? the music in that is fucking GOAT, and LOLI WATSON
>>
>>339341598
it's impossible to BURGERS the meiji period.
>>
>>339341801
Doesn't it take place in England though? The architecture in the screenshots I've seen make it look like that way
>>
>>339342124
some of it is in japan and some of it is in england
man i dont even care if the game doesnt completely line up with the "Japanifornia" canon capcom has us going with, I just want the game
>>
>>339342305
i don't care either, but that is 100% the reason why they'll never localize it.
>>
>>339342443
They could have just said that the main character was just a transfer student from 18th century New York or some shit
>>
>>339328303
Athena was good though. As far as female companions are considered, that Naruto bitch from AAI was way worse still my favorite entry tho
>>
DARK AGE OF THE LAW
>>
>>339342805
Athena was a bland marysue from start to end but damn dude
ive been staring at this for five minutes trying to figure out what naruto bitch youre talking about
>>
>>339345048
Kay Faraday
>>
>>339345048
>what naruto bitch youre talking about
Kay.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>implying this isn't the best case of the series
>>
>>339347425
Don't know about THE best, but it's one of them.
>>
>>339328506
>This series would've been much better had it skipped DD and went straight to AA6
FTFY.
>>
>>339347425
It isn't. The only reason it happened was because, for some dumb reason, only murder victims get autopsies in Japanifornia.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.