[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game has one of the worst mapping and environmental components
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg (36 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg
36 KB, 256x315
This game has one of the worst mapping and environmental components out of any game I have played for the past decade. I actually refused to do any side missions due to the fact that half my time was spent trying to decode the laughably retarded map that would put an icon with visibly no obstructions, only to find out there's 37 different walls and alcoves you have to run around, (or a fucking mountain) just to get to your place.

Brotherhood vault, or any vault.. Actually any indoor setting is a fucking nightmare. There's literally no other way to progress without running around aimlessly like a jackass to find whatever special path to get to the adjacent room that you had to back track up and down stairs and around corners despite your map marker being two inches to your left. Added in the loading times, I have no idea how you autists pallet this game unless you have absolutely no life and can spend 8 hours of searching with 15 minutes of action. Fuck this game to pieces, what a giant waste of time.
>>
File: 0529162234~01.jpg (2 MB, 3447x2529) Image search: [Google]
0529162234~01.jpg
2 MB, 3447x2529
Hmm okay.. All I have to do is run forward and turn ...
>>
File: 0529162234a~01.jpg (3 MB, 3688x2623) Image search: [Google]
0529162234a~01.jpg
3 MB, 3688x2623
>>339324063
Oh okay nevermind. Guess that's fucking wall
>>
>>339323603
>using map
>not using memory
git good.
I never even used a map in resident evil 1-3 and that shit was a lot of memory and back tracking
>>
Haha. I literally just glitched out my save file. I stepped on a mine, both legs paralyzed, used a doctors bag and stimpacks, and I'm still moving around like a snail as if my legs are broken.

Before you I am quitting this game. This never happened to me during 3 or 4. This game is a giant pile of shit.
>>
>>339324345
>having to memorize every local map in a FO game because Obsidian is either shit at level design, or they decided that making retarded levels = difficulty

Brb I'm going to switch my disc and play a better game
>>
>>339323603
You're a fucking retard if you can't navigate those maps. You must get lost at the supermarket all the time.
>>
>>339323603
Your oozing puss of a mother.
>>
>>339325326
See
>>339324063
>>339324174

Explain how having to run to the complete opposite end of the map up stairs, then down a hallway, then turning makes and sense Getting to that door that's apparently right by me
>>
>>339325096

>switch my disk

Fucking knew that it would be a console player only they would have problems following a map
>>
>>339325886
If it makes you feel any better I played 3 and 4 on pc, and now that I think about it, whenever i ran into this I'd console walk through walls or leap 10000 feet. Wow, I guess all fallout games since 2 are complete dog shit at mapping. Fuck this waste of,time franchise; no wonder everyone hated 4. They're just sick of literally wasting their time
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.