[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom is doomed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: doomcoverart.0.jpg (361 KB, 1070x1500) Image search: [Google]
doomcoverart.0.jpg
361 KB, 1070x1500
>buy this for PC because beast level system
>install
>game crashes literally over and over during first initial plays
>wtfbethesda.jpg
>the game still runs after enough crashes so whatever get over it get used to it guess thats just how it is
>IDThesda acknowledges problem after tons of other people complain about same exact issue
>rolls out a patch for crash logging
>82.2 meg patch dl's through steam
>get into game once more
>PATCH KILLS GAME
>after loading screens you cant even keep it running more than 10 seconds before game freeze and gpu freeze
>fuck.why
Seriously the fuck. What would even cause issues like this? I have run hundreds of games on my system even by shitty, not that experienced indie developers and none of them fucked up this badly. Hell, an update by the developer itself officially killed it. To make matters worse, they barely even acknowledge theres a problem here. This is ridiculous.
>>
It was fine for me before the patch but now it crashes quite frequently
>>
File: 1463591425454.png (176 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1463591425454.png
176 KB, 494x468
>oh a door that requires a blue key, I'm sure I'll have to go on quite a detour to seek this out
>it's right there around a corner
>a """""secret""""" is visible right on the ledge above it
>refunded
You wouldn't have wanted to run it.
>>
>>339321210
You already made this shitty post with the Chitanda image and everything. Fuck off.
>>
>>339321131
>IndieDev: well i sure better make sure my game at least runs so people can even play it and i get good ratings and make some money
>Bethesda: lol wutever fag you already paid for it and spent more than 2 hours trying to get it to work so you cant refund laffo suck a dick nerd
>>
>>339321553
Well, that's not hard to do for the indiedev given how his game is pixel "retro" 2D garbage.
>>
>>339321553
Literally. That is exactly how it feels. They give zeros fucks at all that this is happening to a massive amount of people who bought it for the PC. I actually got a hold of their support people because after the patch issues I wondered if I'd done something myself with settings to fuck it up. Nope. And even if I had they wouldn't give a fucking shit because they actually told me "well, there's nothing we can do. You could always try the console version however."

FUCK. YOU.
>>
>>339321210
It's a tutorial mission, you cunt.

>>339321131
>PC MASTER RACE

you brought this upon yourself
>>
>>339322412
If your game needs to tell you exactly how doors work, it's a bad game.
>>
>>339322412

Don't be a dick
>>
Now I'm afraid to try and boot it up.
>Oh, we noticed your PC is technically below minimum specs. We fixed the ability to run the game for you.
>>
>>339322523
>wat r tutorial

>>339322412
There is no justifiable reason that a game should be this noticeably broken on one particular platform over others.

>>339322672
Legit? That's trustworthy...
>>
>>339322795
The original Doom didn't need a tutorial.
>>
>>339322523

It is rather insulting, like how dumb do the devs think I am that I need the concept of a locked door being opened with a key explained to me? but I guess that explains the rest of the game.
>>
>>339321131
get a console. runs perfectly.
>>
Just got off playing the multiplayer. No problems.
>>
>>339321131
>Buy the game on PS4
>60 FPS at 1080P
>looks great
>Never crashes
>finish it in two settings with a big fucking grin on my face the entire time
inb4 controller.
>>
Heard this game runs like butt on AMD cards cause of typical nvidia stuff enabled for all cards. What do I need to override, tesselation to off?
>>
>>339321131
weird
I didn't have any problem when I first played it
After the patch there are a few bugs that are kinda annoying
>>
>>339321131
It crashed on my pc for a while but after I checked the integrity of the game cache on Steam it's been running great.
>>
>>339323830
You forgot
>that sexy reversible cover
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.