[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me gaming isn't dead. Name some of gaming's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: bastion-wallpaper.jpg (178 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
bastion-wallpaper.jpg
178 KB, 1600x900
Prove to me gaming isn't dead.

Name some of gaming's masterpieces in the last 15 years.

FIFTEEN YEARS
>>
To make it even easier, name just 5 games

FIVE GAMES
>>
File: LISA-The-Painful-RPG.png (186 KB, 382x396) Image search: [Google]
LISA-The-Painful-RPG.png
186 KB, 382x396
>>
>>339319928
Jackie Chan
>>
>>339319869
Mother 3
>>
>>339319869

machinarium
>>
>>339319869
>say game
>'hurr no dat gem is bad'

Why would I participate in this?
>>
>>339321039
This. Only someone desperate to harvest a new perspective would drag themselves through this near inevitably miserable shithole.

Also, Zeno Clash. Don't Starve. E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy had problems, but was overall okay.
Streets of Rage, The Lost Vikings, and Mirror's Edge as well.

You're all knobs.
>>
>>339321005

Botanicula was good too
>>
>>
MGS3
>>
>>339321769
How is this? I have a modded Wii and looking for more games to put on it
>>
File: 1439765835265.gif (13 KB, 273x136) Image search: [Google]
1439765835265.gif
13 KB, 273x136
>>339321471
What made Zeno Clash a masterpiece in your eyes?
>>
File: 1464526884320.png (233 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
1464526884320.png
233 KB, 708x520
>>339319869
>its a faggot underage elitist with high standars who thinks he looks like the cool kids episode
What a shitty channel
>>
>>339319869
>masterpieces in the last 15 years
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Bayonetta 1+2
Dragon's Dogma
Endless Legend
Age of Wushu
Super Mario Kart 8
>>
>>339322152
How the presentation, story, and environment was intertwined. Along with that, the gameplay is enjoyable and visceral enough to give a degree of replay value, and fun in the moment.

It's just multifaceted, and the layers you might come to pick through aren't strictly your own creation (ie reading into it and creating false depth). The implications of a society without written language, or history, that functions more on familial hierarchical structures than tribal ones is interesting. There is no external moral overhead, nor is there any justice. It's strictly individualistic and based around relative power. This sort of place built on top of something that's clearly anachronistic, or doesn't belong, gives it a neat surreal feel.

I played through it 15+ times, and experienced it many different ways. Mirror's Edge was similar. Didn't like the second (as) much, unfortunately.
>>
>>339322902
Oh, and the parts about logic and reason relative to base intrinsic drives, and the nature of supposed freedom with the Corwid of the Free portions, fit in perfectly.

Really it was almost a necessary component. "Man as machine", etc.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.