[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that in 99% of games, the bonus "challenge modes"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mission_17_a3rvml.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mission_17_a3rvml.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
Why is it that in 99% of games, the bonus "challenge modes" are complete shit?
>>
>>339309254
Because you are complete shit.
>>
The VR challenges in MGR were great. They were where the challenge for that game was.
>>
fuck that dishonored dlc. the mansion map was cool though
>>
>>339309315
>>339309325
Fighting bosses on Revegeance is fun. Having to rehearse over and over the gimmicky VR missions is not.

Same thing with DMC3 and 4's various secret missions, and God Hand's challenges. Just frustrating and petty compared to the real enjoyment of playing the actual game.
>>
>>339309752

>Gimmicky

How?
>>
MGS2 Substance's missions were the most fun and challenging parts of the game
>>
>>339309254
Because you're already good at the game
>>
>>339309887
>the ones with only sub weapons
>the stealth ones
>the dwarf gekko ones
>>
>>339309752
That's the point of missions like these though. I'm not sure how else you could do challenge missions without them being a campaign.
>>
>>339310667
Yeah, those are probably my favorite bonus missions I can think of. Wish 4 had VR missions. More gameplay with 4's engine would have been amazing.
>>
Because its usually filler DLC now to pad out the time between the base games release and a proper expansion or whatever. It's usually entirely reused assets. Bioshock I finite was the worts for this IMO because that games gameplay was already so boring.
>>
>>339312443
This. No substance, high difficulty. Makes for plenty of hours for players without having to take more than a couple weeks for devs.
>>
>>339312959
My favourite part of Metal Gear is the gameplay, that's why I loved the VR missions in 2.
I would play a metal gear game that was just MGS2 style gameplay with no story.

Also Mgs2 had the best gameplay in the series
>>
>>339310667
>VR missions
>Snaketales
>Snakeboarding
Fuck, I'm going to go play this game again right now
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.