[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newcomer to the series. Finally bought into normalfag hype. Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg (1014 KB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg
1014 KB, 1200x1575
Newcomer to the series. Finally bought into normalfag hype. Never again. One of the most boring games ive ever played. Generic rpg with Reddit tier "dark elements". Get through a tedious level, boring as shit, 0 challenge, fight a boss and repeat. Fuck new game+. After beating the game (inb4 summons I did it all solo) I get bored looking at the title screen alone.

>first game out of 25 I dont have any will to get all achievements for

Bravo, thats quite an accomplishment.
>>
just curious, what games do you enjoy?
>>
>>339307551
Fuck off. This is like someone on mu asking your favorite albums so they can generalize and try to "rationalize" your taste as bad so they can write off any criticism.
>>
>>339307398
I totally agree. At least you finished the game, I didn't. Don't understand why people are so fond of DS/Bloodborne.
>>
cool
>>
I thought Dark Souls 1 was better/more fun
maybe it was the enemy designs/movesets but I just feel half of Dark Souls 3 is frustrating.

ofcourse theyre all flawed, horribly so in some aspects. And DS1 might be the worst from a technical standpoint, but I feel the game design/philosophy was a lot more enjoyable.

DS3 feels like its trying to be everything and pay service to the fanbase on top of it. From a technical standpoint the strongest game, but not as much fun.
>>
it's true.

I don't think I've ever played a single game that is "good", they are all garbage.

I'm glad I can be around people who share the same opinion
>>
gr8 b8 m8. i rel8 str8 appreci8 nd congratul8. i r8 dis b8 an 8/8. plz no h8, i'm str8 ir8. cr8 more cant w8. we shood convers8 i wont ber8, my number is 8888888 ask for N8. no calls l8 or out of st8. if on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. even with a full pl8 i always hav time to communic8 so dont hesit8. dont forget to medit8 and particip8 and masturb8 to allevi8 ur ability to tabul8 the f8. we should meet up m8 and convers8 on how we can cre8 more gr8 b8, im sure everyone would appreci8 no h8. i dont mean to defl8 ur hopes, but itz hard to dict8 where the b8 will rel8 and we may end up with out being appreci8d, im sure u can rel8. we can cre8 b8 like alexander the gr8, stretch posts longer than the nile's str8s. well be the captains of b8 4chan our first m8s the growth r8 will spread to reddit and like reel est8 and be a flow r8 of gr8 b8 like a blind d8 well coll8 meet me upst8 where we can convers8 or ice sk8 or lose w8 infl8 our hot air baloons and fly tail g8. we cood land in kuw8, eat a soup pl8 followed by a dessert pl8 the payment r8 wont be too ir8 and hopefully our currency wont defl8. well head to the israeli-St8, taker over like herod the gr8 and b8 the jewish masses 8 million m8. we could interrel8 communism thought it's past it's maturity d8, a department of st8 volunteer st8. reduce the infant mortality r8, all in the name of making gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>339308251
call of pripyat came close though, anon.
>>
>>339307698
Did that really hurt so much for you
>>
I'm a newcomer to the series

And I enjoyed it

You have shit taste desu
>>
>>339307398
congrats on wasting your time and money knowingly.
>>
Dark Souls is a bad game.
>>
>>339307398
A penis which is partly, but not fully, erect is sometimes known as a semi-erection (clinically: partial tumescence); a penis which is not erect is typically referred to as being flaccid, or soft.
>>
>>339307698
you are THIS mad.

someone asks you a simple question and you autistically respond without answering
>>
>>339307398

Got to boss 5 and kinda realised it felt more like work than fun.
I enjoy the grind of RPGs, but everytime I made progress I wasn't happy about it. It just made me feel like I was working through an obligatory to do list.
>>
>>339307398
Why would you play a sequel first?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Here faggot

You earned it
>>
>>339307398
>Reddit tier

Kill yourself. Fucking shitposters I swear.
>>
File: y.jpg (6 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
6 KB, 283x178
> newcomer to the series
> starts with the final game in the series
Sunday night /v/ WOOOOO
>>
>>339309338
>>339309128
What difference would it make? 3 is not really any better if you played 1 first. It would fix none of the issues he had with the game.
>>
*poot* :)
>>
File: 1464046104613.jpg (63 KB, 600x641) Image search: [Google]
1464046104613.jpg
63 KB, 600x641
>>339307398

>reddit tier dark elements
>paradise lost
>fucking dante what an edge lord
>virgil typical dark mysterious 420 blazer
>boring as shit
>fucking christ fags
>also playing the 3rd one first

look it's clear you're just a tryhard so why don't you just play for the pvp now that you've cleared it. lvl to 120 then into the meta, and you can go to the pontiff duel area to get your ass handed to you by people that are actually gud

>muh achievements
manchild needs his shiny badges
>>
File: 1464361574969.jpg (37 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1464361574969.jpg
37 KB, 720x720
>>339309519
Games are too easy now. Achievements have replaced challenge. If a game is satisfying just for beating it, I won't go for the achievements. Dark souls is not. I was lied to.
>>
>>339309519
OP here. I keep hearing this meme term, "actually good". What is actually good? Every single PvP I've been in they just spam r1. Literally no other tactic. Is this the skilled dark souls community I heard so much about in 2011? Call of dutys and csgos playerbase has more gameplay variety
>>
>>339307398
I don't get this... WHY would you finish a game you despise? This is a 20-60 hour long game. It doesn't make any sense! Why not focus your free time on a game you enjoy instead?

>Spending 20 hours or more on a game you don't even like
>Only ever having played 25 games
>Caring about achievements

Are you a 12 year old with too much time on your hands?
>>
>>339309417
It is still stupid to do.
>>
>>339309901
They spam R1 because you LET THEM you fucking 12 yo scrub

git fucking gud
>>
>>339309519
>paradise lost
>dante
>vergil
You're thinking of the Divine Comedy.
>>
>>339309985
We're discussing video games, if I'm a manchild so are you. Lets not pretend there are "levels of maturity" in such a thing you huge faggot.

Games are too expensive now to simply stop playing them. $85 dollars for a new game in a fucking leaf. If I get one, I finish it. Besides, I can't think of a single game the past 5 years that actually was better than another of its kind. It doesn't matter which you pick when triple a is involved. I guess metro 2033 was decent in how ranger hardcore didnt pander to csgo fans like all other fps games but that's all.
>>
>>339310152
No, parrying is incredibly easy, especially with the massive delayed lag input multiplayer seems to have. You dont even have to time accurately like in singleplayer.
>>
>>339309693
>Games are too easy now
stop playin shit games then

nobody but kids born in this milennia and autistic hoarders care about achievements

suk a dik
>>
It's a decent game, but weaker than dark souls I and demon's souls and is filled with references to both of them. To me it just feels like a worse dark souls I, rather than something unique.
>>
>>339309985
it's very simple anon, OP didn't play it.
>>
>>339307398
I played Dark Souls for the first time recently and I am really let down. I have seen the hype for years now about how great it is and how much depth the combat has. I remember a few years ago you couldn't find a thread where some idiot wasn't suggesting souls style combat for every single franchise in the world.

It is literally no different than any other third person action game or arpg. In some ways it is even worse. I don't get it.
>>
Gonna take shitposting central over here to ask a question.

Has anybody experienced not being able to damage the host while invading? I can damage the phantoms just fine but the host doesn't even flinch from my attacks and can hit me just fine. Doesn't seem to be a hack since they take fall and enemy damage as usual.

This and the slide bug ruin like 40% of my invasions, it's ridiculous.
>>
You must be new OP. Soulsfags are a terrible fanbase and can't stand the thought of someone not liking their precious series. In fact, if you don't declare it to be the greatest video game series of all time and perfect in every regard they will vomit shitposts like git gud, umad, shitty taste etc. Let them have their 'muh difficulty' 'muh lore' 'muh sickdark'; spread your wings and seek out other games more to your liking.
>>
>>339310310
>thinks anyone actually cares about achievements and autistic trophy hunting

You're actually a manchild.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-29-19-59-07.png (155 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-29-19-59-07.png
155 KB, 720x1280
>>339310403
Go ahead then, give me some good games of the past 5 years

>>339310430
>>
>>339310642
only bloodborne is sickdark, dark souls I is tragicdark, dark souls II and III are epicdark and demons souls is berserkian
>>
>>339310692
Again, you play video games and so do I. There is no "level" of maturity under the fact. And again, if I'm a manchild, so are you.
>>
>>339309693

But games didn't have achievements period at one point. Just a score, so make up your own. Win 10 duels in a row etc. Problem solved

Yeh sure they're too easy, but people are shit at video games. Look up DS3's global achievements on Steam and you can see like only 1/5 or 1/4 people cleared the game.

This is just the market gaming has to appeal to now to move games. Blame the dregs of society.

Look at how involved and complex classical music is, and look at where music is now. That's where things are heading.
>>
>>339310642
I'm new to the community, yeah. So far all criticism is met with "get good" or some other blind accusations like implying I play cod or something.
>>
>>339307398
You could've started with the PS3 prequel, the first game in the series or individual PS4 spin-off. Yet you jumped in to the second worst game in the series that is practically there just to be a safe cash-in and pandering for the old fans of series.
>>
>>339310310
>We're discussing video games, if I'm a manchild so are you.
Okay, why?

>Lets not pretend there are "levels of maturity" in such a thing you huge faggot.
Yes because everything is totally black and white. Either you're a total manchild or you're a well adjusted adult. No gray area. Right, thanks for clearing that up!

That's sarcasm btw, I hope that doesn't confuse your autistic Dandy–Walker syndrome head. Fucking asshat.

>Games are too expensive now to simply stop playing them.
Get a job.
>>
>>339310389
Parrying comes down to either prediction or reading your opponent, since the lag makes it so you have to parry right when your opponent starts up their attack. Also pve enemies attacks are usually much more telegraphed
>>
>>339310642
Well said dude. Can't stand those Soulfags anymore
>>
>2016
>The next generation of players takes achievements seriously.
>>
>>339310837
>There is no "level" of maturity under the fact.
Yes there fucking is you autist. Grey areas, ever heard of that concept? Google that shit you daft cunt
>>
>>339310642
to be fair there's a distinction between saying you dont like it and saying its a bad game.
>>
>>339310837
>normal person plays a game and stops when they beat it or when they get bored
>achievementfags literally spending days farming covenant items for the trophy
>b-b-but you're the same as me!

It's crazy how much of a manchild you're being.
>>
>>339311032
I have a part time job and am studying to get a degree. When finals and shit are passed I like to unwind on games.

No, games are not worth $85. One will last several weeks. The last recent game worth full price to me was call of pripyat.

And yeah, when video games are concerned, there really isnt a grey area. assuming you pay your bills and go to work, its all common ground when games are involved. Do you play video games? You are a manchild. We both are to some extent. This shouldn't be a revelation, redditor.
>>
>>339307398

>Generic rpg with Reddit tier "dark elements".

Except for the fact that its worlds and characters are basically some of the best in the industry, not to mention the storytelling might as well be the best there is. Also, the "dark elements" are about as tasteful as can be, while your clear-cut anti-edginess-edginess is pitiable.

I also have no idea how anyone other than a complete retard could call it a "generic RPG" since mechanically it's pretty unique, and might as well be in its own genre with King's Field.

>first game out of 25 I dont have any will to get all achievements for

Oh, you almost had me. Back to your achievement hunting, you slobbering, shopping-list worshipping retard.
>>
File: 1463658376023.png (320 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1463658376023.png
320 KB, 512x384
>>339311293
>>339311218
>>339311161

>There is a MATURE way to play video games!!!!!

Holy shit, underage neo-v should hang irself. op may be an autist but you kids are literally in denial.
>>
>>339310642
This thread is proof dark souls fanboys will cry and cry when presented with someone who doesn't like the game snf will then unironically call others manchildren
>>
>>339311496
>underage
>neo-v
>kids

literally kys
>>
>>339311475
This is why people shit on Soulsfags.
>>
>>339311664
>just
Yes, updooted! I watch the YouTubeleafyisherer too xD
>>
>>339310310
>We're discussing video games, if I'm a manchild so are you. Lets not pretend there are "levels of maturity" in such a thing you huge faggot.

Look at this perfectly insulating logic. Not everyone's as equally degenerate as you, OP, in fact you're probably the worst.
>>
>>339307698
Just because you write "rationalize" in quotations doesn't make the act invalid
>>
>>339311773
>I am a degenerate for not sharing the mainstream opinion
>Apparantly there is a mature way to play video games and I'm a degenerate for not knowing this too
>>
>>339307398
loved dark souls 1 and 2 to death, i 100% ds2 twice even

i enjoyed ds3 when i first played but subsequent playthroughs were rough, i cant sit through the game anymore, and this is coming from a diehard fan. what went wrong?
>>
>>339310728
Bloodborne
Stalker Call of Pripyat (2010)
Mount & Blade Warband - Viking Conquest
The Last Of Us
Dark Souls 1 & 3
Risk of Rain
Middle Eart Shadow of Mordor
GTA V
Magicka
Helldivers
Just Cause 3
D44M
Wolfenstein The New Order
Insurgency
South Park The Stick of Truth
Mad Max
MGR Revengeance
Asscreed IV Black Flag
Ori and The Blind Forest
Hotline Miami
Gang Beasts
Rocket League
War of the Vikings/Roses
Kerbal Space Program
Besiege
Mark Of The Ninja
The Witcher 2 & 3
MK9 & MKX
SUPERHOT
Max Payne 3
Brothers
Shadow Warrior
Nidhogg
Mount Your Friends

And these are just from the top of my head. Why do I even bother, you're just gonna continue to sperg out and spill your spaghetti all over the place anyways. I'm sorry Dark Souls was too hard for you.
>>
>>339311496
>You will never be able to discuss something on the internet without calling someone a kid to validate your point.
>>
>>339308553
>anything S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

my nigga
>>
>>339311962
Great list
>>
>>339311962
>And this is all of the top of my head
>The list goes on..

t. Fancy reddit phrase for "there aren't any others"

>Stalker

I've mentioned it multiple times already, it is above any game on this trash list you typed up

Not only are these games bad but I specifically asked for games that are satisfying and challenging to beat
>>
>>339311962
>Helldivers

How do I git gud at dealing with heavily armored foes? Fucking bugs and Cyborg tanks are fucking me up and my Dum-Dums ain't cutting it.
>>
>>339310094
Why?
>>
>>339307398
>first game out of 25
You are the normalfag
>>
>>339311962
>Viking Conquest
>Shadow of Mordor
>Mad Max
>Just Cause 3
>Brothers
>War of the Vikings/Roses
>good
Of the games on that list I've actually played, those are not good.
>>
File: 1464272254685.jpg (42 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1464272254685.jpg
42 KB, 500x333
>>339311475
>Normalfags are THIS angry they don't have the dedication to 100% games
>>
>>339312297
Soulsfags cant into grammar, what a surprise.

That means that 25 before it were 100% completed, not that only 25 have been played.
>>
>>339312356

>100% games
>fulfill some list half-heartedly tacked on by the developer against their own will

I guess everyone falls for it because they're called "achievements"
>>
>>339309985
Because he didn't beat it, he's just flamebaiting on /v/ because he finds that more fun than actually playing video games.
>>
OP is a person who actually doesn't like video games but still insists on spending money on them despite that. Why not just stop playing them for awhile, or become a dirty piratefag?
>>
>>339312453
"in 25" is the phrase that means what you are trying to convey.

"out of 25" sets a definite boundary
>>
>>339312631
Justify your short attentiom span all you want, its good to get shit done.

Also, I don't play assassins Creed, which really is the only game open world franchise with a tacked on 100% list.

>Against their will
If it was against my will, I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>339307698

actually I just want to know what games within the genre are better than dark souls...
>>
>>339309985
Not OP but I finish games I hate so that when I go on /v/ to talk shit about them I don't get "did you even PLAY the game?" responses.
>>
>>339311302
>I have a part time job and am studying to get a degree. When finals and shit are passed I like to unwind on games.

You call spending 20-60 hours on a game you don't like, or grindind for achievements in games you've already beaten "unwinding"? Nigga you gotta calm the fuck down

>No, games are not worth $85. One will last several weeks. The last recent game worth full price to me was call of pripyat.
It's all relative mayne. If a $85 game keeps you entertained for tens or hundreds of hours, it's easily worth 85 fucking dollars. Compare that to the cost of a night out with your buddies, a date with your girlfriend or a fucking trip to the cinema, 85 dollars is fucking cheap. I agree CoP is really good though.

>And yeah, when video games are concerned, there really isnt a grey area. assuming you pay your bills and go to work, its all common ground when games are involved. Do you play video games? You are a manchild. We both are to some extent. This shouldn't be a revelation, redditor.
Get your head out of your ass, anon. You are the emperor of manchildren, the breaker of logics and the bazinga of spaghetti sperging. Holy fucking shit I'm actually laughing right now
>>
i could only enjoy this game with a trainer. the mega hyper super sayin blue aggressive monsters and trolling for the sake of trolling made the game impossible for me to enjoy without one.

>inb4 gitgud

i play bullet hells like ikaruga at double speed and beat doom on ultra nightmare with a shotgun only.
>>
>>339312965
You click buttons to do shit in a virtual world. There is no getting around it. Try to laugh off denial I guess.

>Compare that to the cost of [real world events]

Those are actual real events though vs. a virtual experience that isnt unique in any way

Look I like games but I dont pretend that they are nothing more than timekillers for teenagers, I suggest you stop getting triggered by the fact as well
>>
>>339312787

I agree it's good to get shit done, but only if it's worth getting done. It's always going to be easier to reach for some drummed-up hallucination of getting shit done, which is exactly what "achievements" are. The fact that they're called 'achievements' pretty much says it all: there is nothing worth achieving about them. All you can do is go along with it and not poke any holes in the illusion..

I meant that adding in "achievements" might as well be against the developer's will, I didn't write that clearly enough.
>>
>>339312953
that's autistic

this whole thread is autistic

OP should be institutionalized
>>
>>339313396
Your face is autistic you fucking autist.
>>
>>339313395
I can't think of any person that cares about achievements that would imply it matters or are in essence real "achievements"

This argument is so stupid though. Games don't matter in general. Why does the community hate people that know this but just like getting more done than them anyway?
>>
>>339313194
You're seriously claiming all the millions of people who play videogames are equally immature simply because they share the same fucking hobby. Jesus christ

>you're all manchildren and faggot redditors
>Dark Souls sucks because I didn't get all the achievements BOOOOO
>triggered
>classifying having friends or a gf as "real world events"
>being this defensive and obnoxious

you should seriously see someone professional OP.

and im not talking about a prostitute you cheeto dusted scrublord
>>
>>339313890
Real world events like going to the movies or a date, yes. Like the ones you mentioned.

Didn't say it sucked because I didn't care about the achievements.

And yeah, if a hobby has certain qualities to it anyone that likes it also has those qualities. Its simple stuff, anon. I dont know why youre in such denial.
>>
>>339312174
thx bro

>>339312232
I dunno, I've only played it couch coop and we just blast everything to bits
>>
>>339314081
>Real world events like going to the movies or a date, yes. Like the ones you mentioned.
Playing video games is a real world event as well senpai, just like watching a movie with some friends. Or alone for that matter. The fact that it takes place on a screen doesn't make it less worthy of your dollars.

>Didn't say it sucked because I didn't care about the achievements.
We can read between the lines. You're buttblasted and mad as hell because you can't force yourself to git gud and 100% the game to get your precious shiny autist badges

>And yeah, if a hobby has certain qualities to it anyone that likes it also has those qualities. Its simple stuff, anon. I dont know why youre in such denial.
I bet your mom has been in denial ever since she gave birth to you.

cunt
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.