[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AAA western games are "cinematic experiences" with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: main character rankings fixed.png (440 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
main character rankings fixed.png
440 KB, 800x1200
AAA western games are "cinematic experiences" with the same formulaic game play, and writing so bad it makes b-tier tv shows look genius.

Most western indies are non-games about trivial things like going to the store. The few that aren't get torn apart by reviewers and the average gamer never tries them. Unless it's a procedural generated game, for some reason those get a pass.

Is there any hope for western gaming, or is it too late?
>>
I can't remember the last jap game that wasn't shit too
>>
>>339305213
>"cinematic experiences" with the same formulaic game play, and writing so bad it makes b-tier tv shows look genius.

This is true for jap games
>>
I prefer playing a guy in my Japanese games so I can pretend the rest of the female cast is in my harem. Girls can't love girls.
>>
>fighter girl not low
>magical girl not shit
>>
>>339306185
Agree with this nigga. Male main character, females companions is the perfect combination.
>>
>>339305213
You smell of doritos and mountain dew, disgusting, weeb, faggot neckbeard

you'd probably tried hanging yourself, but not even the rope can't handle your fatass
>>
>japenese games
>good writing
Can you name a single iconic, memorable line of dialogue from a japanese game?
Westaboo games like MGS or dark souls don't count
>>
>>339306185
any time I have the choice to pick a generic gender I go male too.

Like Male Robin and Male Corrin in Smash Bros.
>>
>>339308185
"Whatever" - Squall Leonhart
>>
>>339305213

I don't disagree with your criticism of western games but how the fuck are japanese games any better?

Outside of fighting games, a select few action titles... and uh... danmaku maybe, japanese games are even more formulaic and casual than western games.
>>
>>339305213

reminder that if you were good with scripts and had some mind in balancing the shit out of enemies with OFP 1985 CWC you were able to make a dynamic single player,coop or ac&h mission on which you were faced with different types of quests,enemies,routes,weather and daytime cycles.

Sure you had finite possibilities cause server load was not on your side but at least a 15 years old game had more variations than lets say U4 or buttman on which enemies just come with bigger numbers,deal more damage while taking less damage,nor they have any kind of variation in routes to take,approaches weather and time cycles

Empty boxes with a nice scenery,hyped and shilled to dead
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.