[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are hoping for for Pikmin 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 3.jpg (83 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
83 KB, 800x450
What are hoping for for Pikmin 4?
>>
If you're not at your ship by sunset, your crew and the onions go into orbit without you and you have to try to survive a hellish night time with only the pikmin that are with you.
>>
>>339302065
yee
>>
File: truthhurts.png (618 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
truthhurts.png
618 KB, 2000x1000
A good game.
>>
>>339301147
Let me use all the Pikmin types this time.
Also, I need more captains to play at once. Managing the 3 characters was rather easy.
>>
Level Editor
>>
File: amU77.jpg (19 KB, 459x500) Image search: [Google]
amU77.jpg
19 KB, 459x500
Bulborb is not biased but we need more Bulborb.

Where is all of friends of Bulborb, they abandon us.
>>
Weather would look incredible
>>
>>339303724
Bulborb have gone extinct
>>
PC release. Those games would be so much better with keyboard + mouse.
>>
>>339302065
>not just restarting the game at that point
sounds like a waste of time
>>
>>339303878
But they are the top of the food chain.
>>
For it to be on Wii u goddamn I'm scared that it will be exclusively on the nx
>>
Underground exploration. That's what made Pikmin 2 the best in the series.
>>
Treasure as opposed to fruit
>>
>>339302065
There would need to be a reward, or like >>339303901 says people would just save scum.

Just have boss monsters come up with unique treasures or whatever. It's not difficult to bait people into taking challenges if you dangle a big enough carrot.

Anything but upgrades though. Getting upgrades to your abilities after beating the hardest part of a game is silly.
>>
Just played through pikmin 1 recently for the first time, it was a lot of fun. The 30 day time limit wasn't hard by any means, finished on day 21 I think, but I hate the feeling that I have to finish. Working my way through Pikmin 2 right now and it seems better in every way, although it does feel a lot easier.
>>
>>339301147
More multiplayer. That was awesome, minus the waggle controls. The gamepad was the only good controller
>>
>>339301147
A hard mode with different enemy placements and maybe your pikmin die even faster.

>>339303436
>shitposting in a pikmin thread
>>
test

http://vee.scay.net
>>
>>339301147
Wii U exclusivity
>>
>>339301147
as many cool monsters as pikmin 2 had is really it
>>
>>339305225
The reason is purple pikmin.

You can't use those fucks or else the game becomes trivial until the game starts throwing boss monsters at you en masse

I'm too afraid to use them anyways because I want to get the dumbbell in area 4 as quickly as possible and getting 100 purples is a pain in the ass
>>
>>339301147
PC release with Pikmin 1, 2, and 3
Caves
Longer game overall
Needs a more deep and eerier feel
Ability to splice or genetically engineer Pikmin
>>
>>339305225
>Working my way through Pikmin 2 right now and it seems better in every way, although it does feel a lot easier.

the trade off pikmin 2 made for the 30 day time limit are the dungeons.

The first couple you do will seem trivial. As you progress more and more though, the game starts to throw some bullshit at you that will wipe out a quarter of your pikmin army if you aren't expecting it, pretty much forcing you to reload.

Thankfully it autosaves in between every dungeon floor, but still.
>>
>>339306116
>reloading in pikmin 2

One day of farming the surface practically anywhere will replenish your numbers easy.

The purple and white ones though are more tedious, but you really shouldn't be losing those. Allah ackbaring the whites isn't a great strategy when there's buried treasure about.
>>
>>339305913

Oh there's something that needs 100 purple pikmin? I only have like 25-30, but yeah, they're strong as fuck. Even disregarding them the first 3 areas so far have still felt a lot easier than pikmin 1, may be because I'm more experienced now.

>>339306116

Ah yeah I've only done like the first 5 or 6 dungeons and they haven't been too bad. I'm on an emulator so I use save states here and there if I'm ever really unsure about something.
>>
File: 1459312502460.jpg (134 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
1459312502460.jpg
134 KB, 587x600
>>339301147
I want a game more like Pikmin 2, it seemed like Miyamoto was trying to balance 1 & 2 out in 3 but it felt way more like #1 which isn't a bad thing exactly but I preferred the sequel more. It expanded upon so much and the game had a lot of content in it. Also I need that Piklopedia back, that was surprisingly a good read.
>>
>>339306802
The big thing about the purples isn't even their 10x attack power, it's their stun. So long as you keep a good rate of throwing (about one per half second or so) whatever you're hitting won't even be able to move, let alone begin their attack cycle.
>>
>>339306437
yeah but if I'm halfway through a dungeon and some fucking spiders pop up scattering my pikmin under a falling bomb rock, I'm not gonna fuckin leave the dungeon to farm pikmin. I'll just reload, thanks.
>>
>>339307346

Yeah that's helped me out a lot

>>339307369

Thank god for save states
>>
>interesting collectible items like 2 had
>beastiary like 2 had
>caves like 2 had
>>
i hope the next nintendo handheld has a big enough screen that a handheld pikmin could happen.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.