[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a Genji thread. It is not an general Overwatch thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: Genji_003.jpg (939 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Genji_003.jpg
939 KB, 1920x1080
This is a Genji thread. It is not an general Overwatch thread. It's exclusive to Genji.

Any tips, tricks, webms etc you guys have?

My BIGGEST gripe about Genji is when your ult ends you're "stranded" too many times I have died at the end of his ult because I'm unable to deflect due to the putting away sword animation
>>
well thats what happens when you keep your sword on your back like an idiot
>>
>>339298462
I have a question

When I use ultimate, do other abilities get buffed up? Or is it just hack and slash?
>>
Try /vg/ or one of the countless other threads next time, retard.
>>
>>339298586

They don't, but they do reset.
>>
>>339298598

If you aren't here to discuss Genji then get the fuck out and keep scrolling faggot
>>
mada mada
>>
>>339298462
What a shameless warframe rip-off
>>
>>339299181

0/10 put some effort into it.

That said, I hope Genji gets a Grey Fox homage skin in the inevitable hat update
>>
>>339298462
the deflection could last a little longer too I think
>>
>>
>>339300698

Lasting longer would be too much I think, I'd like the cooldown to be one second shorter though.
>>
>>339300807

I hope you thanked him
>>
>>339301006
Always grateful
>>
File: overwatch reinhardt smile.jpg (21 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
overwatch reinhardt smile.jpg
21 KB, 300x361
I seriously don't get how Genji's Ult is at all useful.
I mean, it can take care off stragglers quickly, but it gets shut down so easily.

>Is a tank, any tank, nearby?
>Is McCree nearby?
Etc.

Whenever a Genji pulls his Ult out on me, I just drop my shield as Reinhardt and knock his scrawny ass out. He has to hit me 5 times to kill me, I only have to hit him 3 times. (Or just Charge him and kill him instantly.)

It seems so bad. It's a shame, 'cause I really want to like him, but I just can't stand how he plays.

That said, Reflect is fucking amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYSwSGyF00
It's so fun.
>>
>>339301218
It's an ult that requires good positioning and thought instead of just hitting it whenever it's up. Throw some shurikens to get people's healths down, especially a tank's then go in and take out his healer and the rest of his group before you work on him. By that point even if he turns around and kills you, he's by himself.
>>
>>339302045
Also forgot to note, making sure the enemy team is distracted by your team or not looking in your direction
>>
>>339299181
you mean Hakumen rip-off
>>
I have the most fun playing as Genji and Hanzo. I feel like such weeb trash.
>>
>>339302816
Playing Genji emboldens the soul.
>>
>>339302045
>It's an ult that requires good positioning and thought instead of just hitting it whenever it's up.
So basically every ult?
>>
>hit reflect and aim at the baddies to kill ... baddies
>throw a billion shurikens
>alt fire when they're close
>jump through them to throw them off
>use reflect when you're vulnerable
>use sword dash to escape or finish off dudes
>remember sword dash refreshes when you kill someone with it

USE RMB AND LMB FOR ULT
>>
>>339302045

Also don't forget you can use your other skills with the ult

>>339303148
Stop being a faggot, some require more than others.
>>
>>339302816
Genji is easily the most fun hero to play if you're good.

And Hanzo is really satisfying compared to Widowmaker.
>>
Does any weeb here know what exactly Hanzo says when ulting?
>>
>dash refreshes when you kill someone
HOLY SHIT
>>
File: 1430677731224.jpg (207 KB, 641x900) Image search: [Google]
1430677731224.jpg
207 KB, 641x900
>>339303343
>Genji reflects at me
>Teammates shoot him
>>
>you can reflect rockets
>You can reflect bastions ult
>you can reflect high noon
>You can reflect widows sniper shot and one shot her
>You can reflect junkrats nades
>You can reflect Hanzo's dragon if you hit the arrow

Not going to lie, Genji is proving to be a blast to play
>>
>>339303474

Let the dragon consume you. You don't even need to be a weeb, listen to the fucking english one when an ally hanzo uses it.
>>
>>339303421
There are a lot of characters but few I have as much fun with as I do with Genji. Even if the team is losing if I am playing him I am still having fun.

That is how I feel about Hanzo as well. Widowmaker is probably the better asset for the team but I just like playing Hanzo more. Maybe it is the fact that he is yelling all the time in Japanese and he has two gigantic dragons?

>>339303474
Which one? Regular Hanzo or Wolf Hanzo? He says different things.
>>
>>339303684
>>You can reflect Hanzo's dragon if you hit the arrow
really?
>>
>>339303684

He can also reflect Mei ult as it starts out as a projectile, but you have to be pretty close to her in order to do that
>>
>>339303474
"Dragon, devour my foes."
>>
So when I reflect with Genji, do the bullets go where ever I line the cursor with or does it go back to whoever was shooting at me automatically?
>>
Genji only good against shitters, he's extremely easy to lock down.
>>
>>339303921

They go where you aim
>>
>>339303921
cursor
>>
>>339303474
"dragon eats my foes" in sorta awkward japanese
>>
>>339303805
yeah, but before the dragons come out
>>
>>339304156
>>339304174
Cool. Thank you.
>>
File: 1447861105358.jpg (116 KB, 1024x1006) Image search: [Google]
1447861105358.jpg
116 KB, 1024x1006
>Enemies Genji is Gray Fox
>Your Genji can't even kill a Widowmaker
>>
>>339303941
Genji sees more play in comp than most of the roster. It's less that he's easy to shut down, and more that he's difficult to utilize against good players.
>>
>>339301218
It's extremely situational. I only really use it in an ambush or combo'd with a teammate's ult that's distracting everyone
>>
I don't get why I'm so hit or miss with Genji. I'm either a gleaming god of stylish destruction or absolutely useless.

When do you pick him? (to those who actually put thought into character picks)
>>
>>339301218

Basically you have to ult only when everyone is distracted or preoccupied, and by the time they notice and/or can react they're dead. you're not supposed to just see a rein and ult
>>
>tmw you get behind enemy lines, take down their turret shitter and their healslut, and start capping the point in the first minute of the match

i was cummin all over that objective
>>
>>339304563
Zarya and Winston shit on Genji
>>
>>339303538
This is one of my favorite things about Genji. Finally ran into a half-decent Bastion last night that stopped shooting while I was reflecting, but some dumbass Mei shot icicles at me that I reflected back at Bastion's face.

You're only as smart as your team.
>>
>>339304563
If the enemy doesn't have a bastion or a widow. Its not worth being genji
>>
Mercy uses damage amplification on you.
Do you do increased reflected damage?
>>
>>339304563
I love playing Genji but I'll never run him if the enemy has more than one tank. Maybe make an exception if the 2nd tank is D.Va since she's pretty easy.

He's a decent pick whenever the enemy has a lot of squishies, and even better if they have turrets.
>>
>>339298462
>Be Pharah
>Attacking Hanamura
>Pushing the Second Control Point
>Hear enemy Genji activate his Ult
>Jump Jet away and float for a bit
>That Cybernetic Narutard Fuck follows me
In good hands, a Genji is a powerful, scary thing to deal with
>>
the best part of genji is watching his facial animations in his taunts and intro vid when you have the young skin
>>
File: 8fsf3Q8.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8fsf3Q8.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
I've just played Overwatch for 11 hours straight

my eyes are bleeding
>>
>>339305483
you must be autistic, i played it for like 5 hours and got bored of it forever
>>
>>339298462
Fun fact, if you dash so your ult ends in the middle of your dash you skip the sheathing animation. Pretty useful trick.
>>
>>339305304
>Do this to an Enemy Pharah
>She survives with like 30 health
>I just have to sit these with my dick in my hands because dash still has a long ass cooldown when ulting and everyone else is either dead or has 500 health
I wish Genji could still throw his shurikens when ulting or something.
>>
File: Genji_010.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Genji_010.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>Ult
>Kill a Lucio but fuck up my tracking n waste the rest
>Low health
>Reaper starts shooting, have E up so confident I can take him
>Defle-- Cancels E and sheathes sword after about 0.2s
>Gibbed

I was mad
>>
>>339305754

No shit? Thanks for that, holy hell.
>>
Isn't it just the most fun thing ever when you use your deflect and immediately get killed? And then they show a replay of your death where there was no reflect animation. Hah, good times.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.