[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this happen again? EA releases two shitty games with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: battlefield-vs-cod.jpg (58 KB, 600x230) Image search: [Google]
battlefield-vs-cod.jpg
58 KB, 600x230
Why did this happen again?
EA releases two shitty games with microtransactions and shallow multiplayer (Hardline and Battlefront), and suddenly they're the kings of MPFPS's now?
Can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>339265019
who cares

they're both shit
>>
>>339265019
Marketing agencies. EA specifically uses Ayzenberg, look it up.
>>
File: 1463296934226.jpg (848 KB, 1684x869) Image search: [Google]
1463296934226.jpg
848 KB, 1684x869
>>339265076
I guess that's an alright answer
>>
astroturfing
>>
Botting, desu senpai.

Both series are shit, but EA is using the naivety of teenagers, so no one realizes they're botting that shit.
>>
>>339265019
I guess it just slowly became a meme that everyone got involved with.
People dislike the cawadoody trailer so in 2 years, they can look back and say "yeah, I was one of the ones that disliked it. I participated in that meme."
>>
Much like the Ghostbusters trailer, many of the dislikes are bandwagoners who don't fully understand what they dislike, they just follow the herd.

The mind of the masses works in mysterious ways, I say it was sort of a fluke, a bunch of dislikes happening by chance all in one go, beginning the avalanche and opening the floodgates.

To understand what it means we should be able to understand what Chad and his Call of Duty friends, who don't even know what a pixel is, who never even bought a gaming magazine or read any news, is disappointed about, and it's impossible to get apes like that to voice a complete, thoughtful expression of what they exactly dislike.

Because it's THEM who unexpectedly and suddenly disliked the video, contrary to their usual custom of consumer whores, not some niche of elitists dissatisfied with staleness, but 14 year old boys, Chad the noscoper and all their friends.
>>
It was bots, m8. EA botted the BF1 trailer up and the Infinite Warfare trailer down.

I mean, look at the view-to-like ratio for Infinite Warfare, it's actually very good and in-line, maybe even above other recent CoDs.

Plus, it just became kind of a meme for idiots to like the trailer because WOW WORLD WAR 1 SO NEW AND EPIC, I guess, ignoring that Battlefield hasn't had a good game that worked on launch since BC2.
>>
>>339265019
Everyone was sick of the cut and paste futurism of every single shooter. People started disliking it and it caught on as a bandwagon.

BF1 is going back in time, so was very refreshing for people.

Plus its nice to kill Krauts and not arabs and chinese for once.
>>
>>339265019
EA learn how to use bots
>>
>>339265690
this is correct and >>339265826 is not.

for once CoD is daring to try and NOT be exactly the same, and despite being the most generic flavor of scifi, it's still too nerdy for some people.

Meanwhile, Battlefield is doing WW2 again, except they will tell you it's WW1. There will be no gameplay or mechanical differences between the two eras, as actually doing WW1-style gameplay would sick a rat dick.
>>
>>339265826
>Plus its nice to kill Krauts and not arabs and chinese for once.

10 years ago we were saying the opposite.
>>
>>339266078
I pity the people who think BF1 is going to be new or refreshing in the least. I also pity the people who think it's going to be good. I REALLY pity the people who think it's going to be playable for the first month after it's out.
>>
File: 1462116215519.jpg (42 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
1462116215519.jpg
42 KB, 600x489
>yfw COD IW gets great reviews and is the best selling game in the series
>yfw Battlefield 1 ends up being fucking terrible and is the lowest selling game in the series
>>
>>339266826
Let's not go crazy here, this is Infinity Ward, not Treyarch.
>>
>>339267169
Wait, Trayarch developed the Black Ops games, right?
>>
>>339267253
And World at War, yes.
>>
>>339266348
im pretty sure BF1 is going to be what COD would do to a WW1 FPS
>>
File: 1462794029655.gif (2 MB, 356x400) Image search: [Google]
1462794029655.gif
2 MB, 356x400
>>339267390
Okay, it's fucked
>>
>>339265019
well there is 2 things to say about it

-the fags that played every new COD every year are now at least 18yo, they got sick of that shit and hatting on COD is the new fad

-those some fags saw the new pretty graphics and the new theme of BF1 and love it even if its the same casual bullshit that any COD game is and it would.

for some reason those fags think that BF games are hardcore realism FPS
>>
My normie friend says it's because they want to go back to older wars like WW2 or Vietnam, they are tired of the futuristic shit.
>>
Mob mentality. All they had to do was skew it a little bit then everyone else will jump on to be a part of the mob I. Never underestimate how fickle people can be to seem cool.
>>
How are normies tired of "futuristic" settings but not tired of modern settings?

Makes no fucking sense
>>
>>339265562
>implying the dislikes aren't from people being angry that COD4R isn't being sold separately and must be bought for $80
>implying battlefield doesn't look more like COD than infinite warfare
>>
>>339268761
Because if you parrot something enough times, no matter how stupid and nonsense it is, it eventually becomes true.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.