[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how is it? Eurogamer said it's worse than Korra. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: jpg.jpg (100 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
100 KB, 600x333
So, how is it? Eurogamer said it's worse than Korra. Is it even possible?
>>
Should've made Kill La Kill while they had the chance.
>>
I don't get it. Revengeance was amazing, how can they keep fucking up everything after it?
>>
>>339263447
Korra was good for the price point. Sick of this korra was bad meme.
>>
>>339263587

because low budget franchised games nearly always going to be shit

best to just wait for NieR 2
>>
>>339263587
But anon, W101 and Bayonetta 2 were GOAT. Transformers wasn't too shabby either.
>>
>>339263587
Korra, Transformers and TMNT are VERY low budget games made by C team. These are not major projects like Bayonetta, MGR or Scalebound.
>>
>>339263713
>W101 and Bayonetta 2 were GOAT
Oh, I'm sorry - were you under the impression that I'm a console pleb?
>>
>>339263858
>WAAAAAH WHY ARENT THERE ANY GOOD GAMES
>Here you go, what about these good games
>NO THOSE DON'T COUNTTTTTT
>>
File: wonderful.png (116 KB, 540x705) Image search: [Google]
wonderful.png
116 KB, 540x705
>>339263858

I guess beggars can be choosers.
>>
>you fell for the "Platinum is a good company" meme

A shame they gave the new Nier to that overrated turd of a company.

>Korra was good for the price point. Sick of this korra was bad meme.
>5/10 game
>"b-but it's cheap!"
>still 5/10 game

I'm sick of the "it's good for its price point" meme.
>>
File: korra2.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
korra2.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>339263619
No, anon. Korra wasn't garbage or anything but it's not really a good game. Combat is good but enemy design is awful and it's simply not fun to use your moves. The only fun you can get is from fighting invincible training dummy.
>>
>>339263447
>Is it even possible?
Coming from the same director, yeah I bet.
>>
>>339264057
The way they're going, Platinum will be more known for budget action titles soon enough. Since they started needing to bankroll their big releases and shitting out licensed titles for Activision and the disastrous sequel that was Bayonetta 2 I'm not even convinced they can design a good combat system anymore. Bayonetta 1 was the last time they had something with a vaguely complex fight system.
>>
>>339264121
Good combat is the whole reason to play these games. That web m you posted proves that Korra was a really solid game, especially given the very low cost of entry.
>>
>>339264256
>disastrous sequel that was Bayonetta 2
Yoshesque, pls.
>>
>>339264368
It proves the enemy can be stunlocked and your animation frames are fast enough to keep it in that state, nothing more.
>>
File: 1462815261912.png (200 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462815261912.png
200 KB, 500x500
>>339264256
>disastrous sequel that was Bayonetta 2
>>
Clover
>Perfect track record
>Made 3 of the best games of all time
>Never talked about

Platinum
>never managed to top anything by clover
>track record all over the place
>Everyone sucks their dicks
>>
File: korra.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
korra.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>339264368
I guess you're retarded my friend. Good combat is nothing without enemies to use that combat on. And that webm is on training dummy, not real enemies. It's not possible to fight real enemies stylishly because usual gooks die too fast and every other enemy will force you into some gimmick or QTE. Webm only shows that Korra had some potential but bad enemies ruined whole game.

It's all true only for action games fans. I think Korra is very nice fanservice game but not really enjoyable action game. Transformers were much better gameplay wise.
>>
>>339264513
Platinum IS Clover and they made a lot of great games. Vanquish, Bayonetta, MGR, W101 - even Max Anarchy was awesome.
>>
>>339264513
Because muh rules of nature.

Honestly, Platinum games are more fun to watch than play. Everything about their gameplay design is half baked and uninteresting. I'm afraid that Nier 2 may be less fun to play than fucking Drakengard.
>>
>>339264784
>Platinum IS Clover
Barely. Some of the members are the same. The quality of output is much poorer.
>>
>>339265027
I love Taro but theres no way that platinum could make worse gameplay than the series is already known for. Even the shittiest platinum games had better combat than Nier.
>>
>>339265027

>Nier 2 may be less fun to play than Drakengard

not even possible. gameplay wise and technology wise all 3 drakengard games have been disastrous. platinum have made a lot of shit games, but even comparing them to Drakengard is a joke

The only Taro game that didn't have gameplay that was completely shitter tier was Nier, and that was decent at best.
>>
File: Vanquish-Boss.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Vanquish-Boss.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
I know they have no money, but it hurts to know that Platinum is wasting time doing these stupid IP games, when they should be working on the sequel of pic related
>>
>>339265997
But anon, why would they waste their time working on a sequel to their worst game?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.